【GIVEAWAY】Share Your Story to Win Eden

Status
Not open for further replies.

La_Navidad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 14, 2018
    2. Comment below with your travel story, and we will pick 3 or 5 winners from the comments.
    Ok, a travel story... here it comes.
    During my latest trip I took my big boxmod, dismantled the rta and put it all in a small bag to carry. The funny thing happened at customs control in the airport of Dubai - the officer asked me what the hell I was carrying in this bag, was it a kind of a bomb or something? I was forced to assemble my boxmod with rta and fire it up and vape to prove it was not a bomb.. well, it wasn't so funny then.
    So we really need PODs like VLADDIN EDEN :mm:

Reactions: Uncle

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    @hikesalot @jopo @Derek_Syndicate @Bunni

Growing up a traveler wasn’t always the easiest life, but it was my life. I come from a long line of gypsies or travelers. Great grandpappy Guff always used to say us Groppers always gotta keep moving no matter what. Something about an affliction to moss but I knew the truth. Not at first mind you but I learned the truth on my 14th birthday. Great grandpappy Guff said for my 14th birthday I could have anything I wanted since he just came into a large windfall of cold hard cash. I threw him a curveball and told him I wanted the truth. Why were we always traveling and where did all that money come from? Well us Groppers are men of our word so grandpappy Guff sat me down and told me a story. He told me how he was a wanted man, he told me of the terrible crimes he had committed over the years and how he was a wanted man. It was quite a story and I’ve never been more proud to be a Gropper. Anyway when he finished his story he asked whether or not is was worth it? Was the family history worth it when he would have bought me anything I wanted. I thought for a moment and stood up and removed my hat. You see removing my hat was the signal for the FBI to come in and make the arrest. Well ole Guff never seen that coming and he looked awfully confused. So I lifted my shirt to show him the wire I’d been wearing and explained to him how I was going to get the $100k reward for turning him in and getting the evidence to prosecute. Man was he ...... at me but what did I care I was a hundred k richer and I had another little bonus coming. They never found the million grandpappy Guff had heisted and was wanted for. The night before the arrest I switched out the stolen money with dirty drawers and hid it. So now I’m traveling in style not like damn fugitives I used to when Guff was running the crew. So that’s my story on traveling, in style, now that I’m in charge. Guff died in prison after serving just 2 years from sepsis. His colon got torn and became infected, I didn’t ask how.
    This has been based on a true story. Names have been changed to protect the guilty.

• Winner
    Reactions: Uncle

Northstar6

ECF Veteran
    May 16, 2019
    My first time visiting Key West I had no idea what to expect in 2011. Some of our friends moved across the country so we lost contact for many years. We finally started hatching a plan to catch up and take a weekend trip together.

The plan was simple. Meet in North Florida and the 8 or so of us will embark on a road trip in an RV to Key West. Once we got there we checked into the hotel and took a little bit to admire the sights. Really beautiful area.

First night there we decide to cut loose and enjoy ourselves that night. Plenty of festivities to enjoy, everything was in full swing and the streets were packed.

I heard Duval Street was a bit of a hotspot, so late that night we made our way over after dinner and (many) drinks. One club in particular caught our eye, huge line outside, flashing lights, loud music etc.

We make our way inside and this seems like the place to be. Lots of people, fun and friendly atmosphere and 3 stories of the club to explore. First floor was fun, but your standard fare. We spent some time talking to other random people and they all implored us to visit the second floor and finally the rooftop.

Next stop was the second floor. Even more people, a bit more provocative, lots of skimpy outfits and dancing. Again, more people we spoke with said to definitely check out the rooftop.

So with the hype in full swing and a healthy amount of drinks in our system we finally make our way up the dimly lit staircase up to the roof. Music seemed even louder, lights flashing even more intensely and a massive crowd of people on the roof.

We take a moment to survey the scene as the song playing wraps up. The music fades away and sound of the crowd begins to fill the void. The DJ starts playing the "Cupid Shuffle" song and all of the sudden the crowd begins to disperse giving us a glimpse of the dance floor in front of us.

The lights come on full blast and the bass begins to thunder and then the 8 or so of us let out a collective gasp, followed by the biggest laugh of the night...

We stumbled upon Key West's nude dance club. Coincidentally it was called the Garden of Eden.

About 100 or so people of all shapes and sizes, ages and genders dancing naked on the rooftop under the Florida moonlight to the Cupid Shuffle. I'll never unsee what I saw that night but we all still joke about it to this day. @Nakmor Drack @stols001

Last edited:

westhc

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 13, 2013
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
    2. Comment below with your travel story, and we will pick 3 or 5 winners from the comments.

Several years ago I went on a no-frills camping safari trip through South Africa, Zimbabwe, and Zambia. We pitched our own 2 person tents, the group shared cooking and clean up chores. We were definitely close to the wildlife and nowhere near a lodge. At night there was always a guard with a big rifle just in case. We canoed down a river making large loops to avoid getting too close to the hippos. One midday we stopped on an island for a packed lunch break. Along came a herd of Cape Buffalos heading right towards us, not looking like they would avoid us the least little bit. Obviously we packed up and moved elsewhere for lunch. One night camped near a river (where the camp manager's dog had recently been taken by a crocodile) I met a hippo coming into graze while I was returning from the facilities (loo, toilet, whatever phrase you use). I stepped back and luckily the hippo continued on its way to find the best night time grazing. We had been warned not to bring any oranges or other citrus fruit into the camp. Elephants are wild about oranges - and any other citrus fruits. With a good sense of smell, they can sniff citrus fragrances from a great distance. What’s more, they find these foods impossible to resist. One day we came by another camp where several tents had been destroyed and saw 3 elephants walking off from the camp. Someone had not heard or not heeded the warning about oranges and the elephants had done what was needed to get their snacks making sure not to miss a one. Luckily the camp was empty at the time.

African parks now have many more warnings and prohibitions about bringing citrus fruits in. So if you are taking a camping safari it is probably best to leave your orange and other citrus flavored vapes at home.

VladSumy

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 1, 2018
    • Deleted by Misty
    • Reason: duplicate account

VladSumy

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 1, 2018
    • Deleted by Misty
    • Reason: duplicate account