14650 Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
Aurora, CO
I've settled down with my silver bullet, and I love my epower...Unfortunatly I had to mod my epower to make it worth a damn, my switch handled DCCs just fine until the battery had about an hour on it, and then the switch would just flash 5 times and stop firing. I replaced the switch with a little switch from radio shack, it works but it feels like it's on its way out. I might get another switch for it, or change my button out again, but I would really just like something that works.

I've been keeping an eye on the Mako Maksi V3, but the thing is always out of stock, and I mean always always always. That and I'm not totally sold on the brass bottom and top caps, I love my SS XXXXL DCCs and EPMDCs. Anyone have any suggestions for a 14650 mod that I should be checking out? That and a supplier that carries an epower switch that will work with DCCs for more than 10% of my battery life. Thanks in advance to anyone who has any suggestions for me.

ray1264

Mar 29, 2012
NC
A friend and I bought 4 E-power kits from Crystal vape 3 weeks ago. Within a week 2 switches were broken. They sent two replacements (that lasted 3 days before they went.) Now 5 out of 6 are bad and Crystal Vapes basically said tough luck for you.
Andrew (at crystal vapes) also told me the epower units they sell are also having battery problems and the coil under the battery is an issue. So basically out of 4 epower kits NONE work less than a month later. Oh, and the replacement switches he sent us (2 of them) looked used (scratched etc). One had the blue light which is an old switch they don't use anymore.

unirevolt

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
MD
There are a couple of nice mods from makers not on this forum that take 14650's. They are located on vaporwall.com under the modders section.

Sturm makes the SturmMod that takes both 14500 and 14650's along with his tank the Sturminator. The list for Sturm is now closed, but there was a combo for sale in the classifieds around $200 (think he came down a bit) IIRC Sturm sells the combo around $100.

The GP Piccolo has a 14650 tube, unfortunately that list is currently closed aswell.

The great thing about these mods is that they are mechanical, no wiring in the switches to go bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread