22mm drippers - What are my options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bootlegcuh

Aug 23, 2011
Long Beach, CA
The Origen dripper fits all of your criteria: 22mm, dual coil capable & adjustable airflow. It has two deep juice wells that you lay the wick into, and it holds a good amount of juice. I can easily get 30+ hits out of it before having to add more juice. It's meant to be set up with a vertical wick/coil, but I set mine up with a horizontal coil/wick. I would definitely recommend the Origen over the Omega; I wasn't too impressed with the Omega.

ba2ehu4y.jpg

I just got my Origen dripper last week. I have a dual vertical microcoil setup with cotton @ about 0.45 ohms. I'm using 28awg kanthal round wire, 5 wraps around a drill bit. I think the drill bit is 1/16 or 3/32.

It hits okay, not as hard as an Omega that I've tried. I'm wondering if it's because the airhole is only 2mm. Or maybe it's my setup.

Could you post a picture of your horizontal coil setup and some info that could help me?

Last edited:

pAth77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2010
Bay Area
I just got my Origen dripper last week. I have a dual vertical microcoil setup with cotton @ about 0.45 ohms. I'm using 28awg kanthal round wire, 5 wraps around a drill bit. I think the drill bit is 1/16 or 3/32.

It hits okay, not as hard as an Omega that I've tried. I'm wondering if it's because the airhole is only 2mm. Or maybe it's my setup.

Could you post a picture of your horizontal coil setup and some info that could help me?

I don't have any recent pics of a fresh build. I have one with an old gunked up coil, but hopefully you can still see how I do it.

qy6yruna.jpg

I connect the ground wire first with the wick/coil vertical. Then I bend it 90 degrees and thread the positive end through the eyelet in the positive post. I'm not big on throat hit so I only run single coils. My coils are also a 5 wrap of 28g around doubled up cotton wicks, and it meters out at around 0.9 ohms. I line the air holes up right in front of the coil, and it produces a thick juicy vape. I had an Omega before, and I wasn't a fan. It seemed a bit harsh for me, and maybe that's why I prefer the Origen. It's currently my favorite RDA setup....that is until the Strata hybrid top for the ELA is released. Here's a pic of the Origen on a Turtleship.

ysu3ade8.jpg

Jerry J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Portland, OR

If you decide that the Origen isn't going to work out for you, please shoot me a PM. I was a 1/2 a day too late to snag one from Elevated before they sold out. It looks like a couple more weeks before they are back in stock.

Anyway, I just got a Patriot and it is the catz meow, the shiz-nits or any other term that means it is great. I have it on my Nemmie in 18490 mode and it just rocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread