4mg/ml and Health Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Criticalmass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I read that any nic will show up in a test. You might not have to give up nic entirely though. Is it possible to just abstain for a week or so before a test? I don't know if testing is random or scheduled.

It doesn't hang around in the system for long. Maybe a day or two?

sent from my Limited Edition Monkey Island™ Talking Voodoo Doll Head named Murray®

doghair

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Phoenix
That is how I am approaching this.

My company has a new tobacco surcharge policy that goes into effect in February.
It would charge me $50 per month if I use tobacco products, including electronic cigarettes.

The $50 surcharge is waived if I enroll in a smoking cessation program.

I am going to enroll in that program, and at the end I am going to say I need to keep using nicotine or I will go back to smoking.
At that point, we are going to find out what happens next, because the policy does not say.

I just went through this program at work. If yours is the same you will not have the chance to 'say' anything. You fill in the check boxes and stand by for them to bombard you with anti smoking literature. It's just obedience training so next year or the year after they can charge you if you pop positive without any program being available for a fine waiver.

You can see that overweight people are obviously now in the cross-hairs as well. What scares me is how people say how great this is for us, until of course they become the target a few years down the road when they are demonized for whatever it is they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread