5v cutout issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a 5v box mod from madvapes and every time I try to use it it will work for a second or so and shut off.Im not sure if it is the protection circuit in the batts or if its the regulator tripping out.If I turn the master switch off and on again it will work for a second and then trip out.Any help would be great as i am not even sure how to check if the regulator is the problem or if its the batts. They are ultrafire 14500's btw.

Well thank you for all the replies,first off Im not sure what a dmm is. Second, I just got a new set of batteries in today and it does the same thing with them as the other pair.Also I tried running it without the door on cause I thought it was possibly the regulator shutting off.
Still the same results.I checked the carto that im using and it is supposed to be 3.2 ohm and now reads 2.8.It did read at 3.2 when I bought it.Not sure why it would be different now.

So I checked continuity across the circuit and everything seemed ok. I checked it with no load and it maintained 4.8 volts after the regulator. I checked again under load and it ran for about 3 seconds and cutout,dropping the output voltage to zero and the battery output to 1 volt,checking it at the battery connections.(The batterys run at 7.9 volts together before the regulator.) I switched the master switch back off and on again and the voltage returned to 7.9 volts.Im assuming its the batterys that are cutting out because there is to much amperage being drawn.Gonna get a higher ohm carto and see what happens i guess.

It ran fine for about a week and then this started happening,im a little confused as to why it would randomly start doing this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread