A case of vaping induced popcorn lung rebuffed by Dr. F.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Painter_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
In my happy place
Report points to possibility of diacetyl, a flavoring agent in e-cigarettes, to bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2015-10/acoc-crf101915.php

Within hours of the post hitting the interwebs Dr. Farsalinos rebuffs it as a misrepresentation of the data.

http://www.ecigarette-research.org/research/index.php/whats-new/whatsnew-2015/234-bo

The reason is that the whole case report is NOT about popcorn lung disease (bronchiolitis obliterans) but about a case of acute hypersensitivity pneumonitis.

Painter_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
In my happy place
Lord I made a mess. Painter, please let me know what the thread title was and I will fix it for you!

Actually the topics between the two threads are based on the same root study. The source articles are different. The title is fine, as you noted I had the response from Dr. F in my post. You can merge the threads together or keep them separate, that kind of thing does not matter to me.

I looked to see if the topic was posted before I posted mine, but did not see Moonbogg's post. So my error caused your error to become a non-error which created a misunderstanding due to the confusion in the sequence of events causing a cascade of errors leading up to this post which I am sure has some errors in it. So do not worry about it, merged or not merged the important thing is to keep the community informed.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I looked to see if the topic was posted before I posted mine, but did not see Moonbogg's post. So my error caused your error to become a non-error which created a misunderstanding due to the confusion in the sequence of events causing a cascade of errors leading up to this post which I am sure has some errors in it. So do not worry about it, merged or not merged the important thing is to keep the community informed.

Huh? :)

Reactions: OldBatty

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I read the news story and it didn't appear to be about popcorn lung. It's nice to have Dr. F take a look and confirm that.

Remember the story about the kid who supposedly died from ingesting e liquid in NY? An effort was made to get the death certificate and local authorities said a New York law allows a family to withhold that and apparently that's true. In news reports I read there was mention that the baby sitter tried to induce vomiting in the child then later there was a report that the e liquid was 100 mg concentrate, not consumer pre-mixed e liquid. I'd like to see a photo of the actual eliquid bottle in question and I'd like to know if choking to the point of suffocation was ruled out. I'd still like to see that death certificate. Why do I bring this up? Because I don't believe a damn thing they say about anything any more and that's really not such a good thing when the topic is public health.

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Actually the topics between the two threads are based on the same root study. The source articles are different. The title is fine, as you noted I had the response from Dr. F in my post. You can merge the threads together or keep them separate, that kind of thing does not matter to me.

I am going to leave it as is. If I tried to merge now...it would be all confusing as the posts would go in by time stamp. That would be a mess!

The funny thing...I understood that whole thing!!! :lol:

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I am going to leave it as is. If I tried to merge now...it would be all confusing as the posts would go in by time stamp. That would be a mess!

The funny thing...I understood that whole thing!!! :lol:

Me too, it just reminded me of Laurel and Hardy Who's on First.

Damn I just showed my age.

Both posts were a good read Painter.

Reactions: Robino1

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Me too, it just reminded me of Laurel and Hardy Who's on First.

Damn I just showed my age.

Both posts were a good read Painter.
Abbot and Costello did the who's on first routine :lol: Had to think about it for a second. It is a classic so even if you weren't old enough, you were probably exposed to it at some point in time ;)

Reactions: Kent C

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Abbot and Costello did the who's on first routine :lol: Had to think about it for a second. It is a classic so even if you weren't old enough, you were probably exposed to it at some point in time ;)

And you have a better memory Robino because your correct Abbot and Costello.

Rain Main was pretty good too! How many toothpicks was that Kent?

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Rain Main was pretty good too! How many toothpicks was that Kent?

rain-man-o.gif

Raymond: 82, 82, 82.
Charlie: 82 what?
Raymond: Toothpicks.
Charlie: There’s a lot more than 82 toothpicks, Ray.
Raymond: 246 total.
Charlie: How many?
Sally Dibbs: 250.
Charlie: Pretty close.
Sally Dibbs: There’s four left in the box.

:D

Hoffman won Best Actor in a leading role but Cruise had the better performance imo (and one of his best). His 'evolution' was great and the events that moved him from plick to good brother were made in a way that could be believed. Hoffman was good, but didn't change (much) during the performance.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I read the news story and it didn't appear to be about popcorn lung. It's nice to have Dr. F take a look and confirm that.

Remember the story about the kid who supposedly died from ingesting e liquid in NY? An effort was made to get the death certificate and local authorities said a New York law allows a family to withhold that and apparently that's true. In news reports I read there was mention that the baby sitter tried to induce vomiting in the child then later there was a report that the e liquid was 100 mg concentrate, not consumer pre-mixed e liquid. I'd like to see a photo of the actual eliquid bottle in question and I'd like to know if choking to the point of suffocation was ruled out. I'd still like to see that death certificate. Why do I bring this up? Because I don't believe a damn thing they say about anything any more and that's really not such a good thing when the topic is public health.

govtandmedia.jpg

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread