• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

A cautionary tale

Status
Not open for further replies.

cactusgirl

Sage Tribal Queen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
If ever you're in Montreal head over to La Banquise, best poutine joint in the country and I guarantee that even if it's not on the menu they'll whip up a bacon poutine for you :)

I'll have to remember that one if ever I find myself in Montreal...I (and my kids!) LOOOOOVVVEEE poutine! We make it at home all the time but it's really hard to find good cheese curds here :(.

cactusgirl

Sage Tribal Queen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
About this whole mess....it makes me sick to my stomach. I too was becoming suspicious (after I sent my parcel) but was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. Too many odd inconsistencies. And I did find it odd that he was asking for juice after he had already received my parcel, which definitely included more than enough juice to get someone started....how much juice does a person need??? Also, the kit that was ordered a month ago? That was definitely way off because I had also taken a lot of time through pm's answering questions about different set-ups that he wanted to order. Turns he made the order on the 27th of December, not 'a month ago' as was the claim...in all actuality, when he posted his 'plea', his order probably hadn't even made it out of the US yet.

Live and learn.......

lelly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
Manitoba, Canada
I am glad that thread was deleted, it was actually painful to read. One cry out for help and you can get a years worth of vaping supplies for free? Might give some greedy onlookers ideas. I can understand helping someone out to get them through a week or two so they can get themselves setup, but anything beyond that for a newbie is just asking for trouble.

bjannr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
I am expecting possible tough financial times. My company is supposed to be having a massive lay-off before February. I have tried to prepare with supplies. I should be good for at least a year. Would I help someone in need? Yes, but I would feel more comfortable helping a member that has been around a while. I feel people should try to prepare for hard times. But you just never know when you will be the person in need.
I just had the transmission go in my 4WD, you start out with the best made plans, then life happens.

Running Wolf

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2011
North East Ohio
Once again I do apologize to everyone here and doubt that I will ever get involved in this type of situation again. And once once again I do thank oldsoldier and ECF.
Sincerely, Vapoor.

You and others were just trying to do a good deed. Can never fault anyone for trying to do good unto another.

wood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
edmonton
I was gonna send him a few atties but I'm glad I only had LR ones its a shame and the people here are so willing to help everyone .it wasn't to long ago someone e sent me a free reo just to be cool so now I'm feeling like helping others glad I didn't get into this one though sorry to those who did but the karma points are still there so not a total waste

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Running Wolf

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2011
North East Ohio
Still getting my act together to PIF for the help I have had from everyone here at ECF. With the holidays being over it will make finding the time to drop off some stuff (and mailing) easier.

People wonder why there is a lack of faith in humanity now in days. Scam artists like the one that hit here prove the point. However we shouldn't let it color our actions for those who are in need of help. The measure of a person is how they act in world full of selfishness, by making the world better and showing that there are selfless people to counter the forces of selfishness.

Classwife - thanks, said what I said while I was still typing it :)

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
Yeah, I had this figured out as well and was about to report to mods today when I got the chance but I see it's already taken care of which is great! I asked him for his receipt and invoice from Mad Vapes which is supposedly his "lost package" and then told him I would try to find out what happebned to it. Well, I talk to Mad Vapes and he only ordered it on the 27 of December. All his posts were fishy, was trying to get charity but was making threads about buying this and that -- that's what struck me as odd. But thru my PMs with the guy, even though his story didn't add up AT ALL, he almost had me convinced and I was actually considering sending him some of my things in a month or so when I have some new stuff.

Anyways, good to see it's been taken care of.

Ms. Creant

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
yeah the HC part threw me a bit too - I'm unsure of WHOM he speaks, but do recall a "sob story" about a guy who either lost his unit...or something,+ he had a wife n kids blablabla & the good folk here lent a hand - made me think, HOW do I know he's tellin the truth or just trolling? Specially from his pic - didn't look old enough to have a kid!

Yeah, his post on Dec 27, titled something like "first time buyer, need advice" and then around Jan 3 he says his order was seized at the border, an order that he made 4 weeks earlier, supposedly, even though he was still a first time buyer on Dec 27. I didn't want to call him out directly but I did ask some questions to which the answers did not add up.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
A certain 'new user' has had all his posts deleted because he was lying and taking advantage of generous people. Did anybody even ask if he was 18 before sending nic juice to him?

I just have to say this .... I know exactly who you are talking about, and I myself when I read this guy's 2nd post crying out for vape help, my bull.... radar went off. I wanted to say something so bad, but since I could not prove that this young man was lying, I chose to keep my mouth shut... and no I regret that :(

I really wanted to say something when I saw that one of ECF's loveliest members had already sent him a bunch of juice, and then he comes back asking for more hand-outs? ... Then I started to second guess myself, and felt bad because I actually have some juice to spare especially as of late however, I just could not get passed the feeling that this kid was lying.

To all the members that came out in loving and kind support of this young man's request for hand-outs, please know that while your kindness was wasted on this particular fellow, that your kindness and offers of generosity still count .. you are very amazing people.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
What really grinds my gears about this is that I actually spent half a day trying to help this guy (and I'm sure a couple more are even more ...... than I am, for sure.) I had a feeling what he was posting wasn't very truthful, and the fact that he started taking the help to PMs with me, while still asking questions in the thread he started, that I had already answered, literally made me :confused::confused:

Once he uploaded his avatar I really wanted to chime in with a "are you even old enough for this?" but I didn't really want to offend him because he SEEMED like a nice guy..

Once I saw his thread begging for free stuff I definitely stayed far away. I already knew one member had been so gracious as to already send him some juice BEFORE he started his gimme gimme thread, and I couldn't for the life of me figure out where this guy found the gall to actually ask for MORE free stuff. It's people like this that make me really lose faith in humanity, not only because he seemed dumb as a brick (possibly a front to get free stuff?) but because he just had absolutely no humility in asking random people to give him free stuff.

However I must add, it's people like those who helped him out who restore my faith in humanity. Such good will and willingness to help out a complete stranger is a very commendable virtue and I tip my hat(s) to those people.

On a side note....dammit, more of my posts deleted...I look so new =(

I am soooo mad right now .. but at myself! I swear I could tell this kid was up to no good, but everyone was so uber supportive, so I thought maybe I was wrong.

Now I wish I would have found a clever, yet non aggressive to say what my intuition made me feel clearly. Something to raise the eyebrows of his unassuming ex supporters :(

At the end of the day I am just glad that he was found out and could not go any further with this. The other lesson for me is speak up when I feel something so strongly, even if it means a little back lash from those who believed him at first.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
About this whole mess....it makes me sick to my stomach. I too was becoming suspicious (after I sent my parcel) but was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. Too many odd inconsistencies. And I did find it odd that he was asking for juice after he had already received my parcel, which definitely included more than enough juice to get someone started....how much juice does a person need??? Also, the kit that was ordered a month ago? That was definitely way off because I had also taken a lot of time through pm's answering questions about different set-ups that he wanted to order. Turns he made the order on the 27th of December, not 'a month ago' as was the claim...in all actuality, when he posted his 'plea', his order probably hadn't even made it out of the US yet.

Live and learn.......

It makes me more sick Cactusgirl!!:mad: ... Because I knew you had already sent him juice, so yeah, how could he need more already??

You are such a Gem Cactusgirl, and I am sorry that this kid tried to play you and some many others like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread