a little over a month of "vapor tongue" not sure what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidsgothem

Mar 5, 2016
so..i tried...trying to outlast this vapor's tongue...but it's been roughly a month and a week now on my second week of the second month...and i still can't taste any of my flavors outside of my intense menthol based flavors...but thats only for the first like...10 hits?

is this normal? i can smell the flavor as i exhale, but i can't taste jack...this is quite depressing especially as most of my juices are premium blends i buy o.0

i drink tons of water...daily...literally over a gal possibly...brush twice a day....mouthwash aswell...tried swapping flavors... tried to stop vaping for a week...tried eating a [edited] lemon...lol...and still nothing...idk what else can be done at this point...

Last edited by a moderator:

Sidsgothem

Mar 5, 2016
Have you tried some spicy foods? I've read where others consume spicy foods and it clears it right up. :2c::2c:

hmm i do tend to favor spicy food typically so i hope that isn't it...i usually have something extremely spicy atleasy once a day..and something spicy to the point i end up in the bathroom the next day spewing out hot lava in the wrong end lol...(those taco trucks red sauce after clubbing is no joke lol)

Reactions: celticluvr

Sidsgothem

Mar 5, 2016
That is odd, but then I have never really experienced vapor tongue myself. Besides some extreme diy menthol all my juice taste the same as when I first vaped them.

thats the [edited] weird part....when i hit the vape shop i can taste EVERYTHING they give me and it's sooo [edited] good then......but my own [edited] after i buy what i taste after a while it's gone...then i swap tanks and flavors...bland...swap again..bland...*MIND BOWN*

like i wouldn't even mind but i'm paying roughly $1 per ml on these premium blends...and i can't enjoy them...

i do chain vape...like 10-30ml a day...

Last edited by a moderator:

Sidsgothem

Mar 5, 2016
Try scraping your tongue? I dunno, sounds like you've already tried every other remedy I've heard of.

I know how much it sucks when you "lose" premium juice to vapor's tongue, but taking a short break from vaping, drinking more water, and/or eating a spicy meal always cleared it up for me.

i'll try scraping more often i usually only do it in the morning but i'll try mid-day/afternoon aswell see if it can make a difference.

idk whats up with me :(

Scy123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2014
Canada
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Nope. Not appropriate.

BuddJohnson

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
Nanaimo BC
I find it odd that your get better flavors at the vape shop, but dulled flavor with your own tanks.
Could it be your choice of coils and wicking material...?
Are you using Authentic coils or cloned coils? Authentic usually have a better build and likewise better flavor.
Are you rebuilding coils? If so are you rebuilding properly? There is a bit of a learning curve with rebuilding.
Things to keep in mind:
1) Proper size and ohm of coil
2) Proper gauge of wire to suit the atty
3) Proper distance of the coil to the airflow inlet.
4) Proper amount of airflow to allow in.
5) and perhaps mostly... the choice of wicking material. In most opinions, organic cotton strips are the best choice for improved flavor.

GL
Vape Onnn...

Sidsgothem

Mar 5, 2016
I find it odd that your get better flavors at the vape shop, but dulled flavor with your own tanks.
Could it be your choice of coils and wicking material...?
Are you using Authentic coils or cloned coils? Authentic usually have a better build and likewise better flavor.
Are you rebuilding coils? If so are you rebuilding properly? There is a bit of a learning curve with rebuilding.
Things to keep in mind:
1) Proper size and ohm of coil
2) Proper gauge of wire to suit the atty
3) Proper distance of the coil to the airflow inlet.
4) Proper amount of airflow to allow in.
5) and perhaps mostly... the choice of wicking material. In most opinions, organic cotton strips are the best choice for improved flavor.

GL
Vape Onnn...

oh, i never told you guys what i'm using sorry

i'm using a rx200 and a TFV4 usually running a quad coil or tri not really into building right now the premade coils are fresh i just got this tank i've saturated it it's smooth but flavor is meh at all temps/watts, like i was saying first few hits i can taste something but after a bit ... flavor is mute sadly... i know the RBA section is where it's at for flavor and potential clouds but the quad and tri shouldn't be this far off i think it's just me idk? but like i said i can taste them at the shop which is really lame : /

Sidsgothem

Mar 5, 2016
Lower your temperatures. Thermal heat is an anathema to taste..

i've gone as low as 50w on a quad coil on my TFV4 clouds barely produce : / tried on my other kanger tank aswell at 30w flavor is still meh...

idk doesn't seem like anyones had this kind of issue for this long maybe i'll make an appointment with my GP.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
If you want more flavor pick up a Clapton Coil TF-CLP2 Dual Coil and like said lower your wattage just a tad. The Clapton Coil in the TFV4 is a flavor hound :cool: It seems like you are comparing your set-up with what they have at the vape shop, remember the vape shop wants people to taste the juice so their set-up is geared for that. The coils you are using produce great clouds but are not the best for flavor. Alternatively, you can duplicate the set-up at the vape shop. If you can taste juice at the vape shop but not on your device, most likely it is your set-up that is the problem, not vapers' tongue.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I started vaping in December and I didn't know about vapers tongue or any real affects of smoking in the process. I did know that most everything tasted of plastic. I bought a lot of flavors and even different clearomizers to see if their was something I was missing. The biggest thing was that i didn't know anyone that vaped. I did stumble upon "Candy Cane" flavor and that was noticeable.

After about a month I happened to this site and learned about the burnt taste buds and vaper's tongue and such. I was kinda relieved that I needed to have patience. I also read a post that a guy finally got his taste back after 100 days. That one just sticks in my head. Anyway, more patience.

I went to Afghanistan about then and I was excited that i had not smoked and I was finding some flavors that seemed to have taste, so I loaded up in case I couldn't get mail.

In early summer, I was vaping with a guy over there and I tried his juice. It was some sort of Creme Brulea type thing and I had doubts because I just never had that in any fashion. It had taste. We visited and I started to notice different flavors and we talked about them. I was really amazed and impressed. It was strange because I just wasn't enjoying my fruity menthol stuff either. It was like a change.

I came to realize that my sense of taste was "there", it was active, it was capable. I didn't notice it much because I was just vaping this fruity "Space" stuff that I didn't really like anymore. I met with him some more and tried a couple of more of his juices and really could taste different flavors within the juice.

I don't know when, exactly, my taste came back fully. I know it wasn't quick. And, I know that I hate fruity, menthol, space crap. I think my taste was slow to return. I may have noticed it sooner had I not been living in a dirty trailer and vaping the same juice.

It was a great feeling to have been a smoker of crap and then come to be a vaper of so many flavors.

Reactions: JeremyR

Sidsgothem

Mar 5, 2016
If you want more flavor pick up a Clapton Coil TF-CLP2 Dual Coil and like said lower your wattage just a tad. The Clapton Coil in the TFV4 is a flavor hound :cool: It seems like you are comparing your set-up with what they have at the vape shop, remember the vape shop wants people to taste the juice so their set-up is geared for that. The coils you are using produce great clouds but are not the best for flavor. Alternatively, you can duplicate the set-up at the vape shop. If you can taste juice at the vape shop but not on your device, most likely it is your set-up that is the problem, not vapers' tongue.

i see!

i'm not too experienced with coil's you have any pics of what i should be running actually i can youtube or google that great advice i'll try it out.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
I find the cure is either coffee liquids or really sweet ones.... anything that packs a really strong punch

IDK, with subtanks even I found it hard to get decent flavour... Currently been converted to Aspire Cleito tanks where you vape off the coil and there is no thin metal chimney in the way and I never get vape tongue any more and every juice I use in it shines like almost as good as an RDA...

FWIW, with lung hits on sub ohm tanks I have never tasted a thing on an inhale with any liquid under the sun, and only get the flavour on the exhale. I see youtube videos with guys doing lung hits and going 'I get X on the inhale and a bit of Y on the exhale' and frankly I reckon they're making it up as I tasted cigs on the inhale and evods and MTL tanks like nautilus mini on the inhale but with lung hits, nada, only get flavour on the exhale....

hey ho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread