A PBusardo Review - Vision EGO Transparent Clearomizer (AKA Stardust) - AltSmoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenkobold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida
This review had me reviewing my angle of vape a bit.
I noticed on a heavier tube mod or my little box's I do tend to have the PV at chin level or lower so I could see the wick being an issue on those. On my echo and especially Echo+Kuwako I have a horizontal or even slight incline so it should work ok on those (or rather the 808 versions should work ok)

Still not even a consideration with the Boge or normal Echo cartomizers they work fine even if I am standing on my head juggling monkeys. I guess a bit of polyfill isn't always a bad thing.

I have one of these on order to test out myself, there are a few juices that gunk up some cartomizers..and work ok at higher ohms that may be perfect for these..maybe.

KWM

Sep 6, 2011
New Zealand
To answer your question 'Why do you guys like them so much?':
1. They are easy to fill even with an ordinary dropper tip (there is always going to be some space between the silicon cap and the wall. you just have to look for it), even easier with a spikey tip on a bottle, a pipette or a syringe, which can be pushed between the wall and the silicone cap.
2. You can see exactly how much you are filling it, unlike cartomisers, and you can see whether the wicks are wet.
3. The vaping experience is second only to direct dripping on to an atomizer, IMO. Much better than a cartomiser, tanked or not.
4. Cheap enough, depending on longevity - I am one week in so far.
5. They are not sold as repairable or disassemblable but they have been disassembled, cleaned, wicks and coils replaced. Check out ECF rockinrobbiesf, or youtube estarra. I really cannot believe that you could think of attempting to thread a wick through an existing coil.

What I learned intuitively as a cig smoker was that you had to light the end without the filter and keep it lit.
What I have learned as a vaper is that the wick to the heated coil, or the heated coil itself has to be kept wet That requires some faith with a polyfilled cartomizer, frequent dripping with an atomizer, and both of these can lead to leaking. No leaking with the ego vision (unless you put liquid down through the centre tube, but then you would qualify for some disability payment), because you can see the liquid and the wicks. If the wicks are dry - tip it. If there is no liquid - put some in!
Look PBusardo, I know you were looking to stir up something, and I have restrained myself, but frankly, anyone who could not see that you need to keep the wick on a vision wet would be a candidate for getting assistance with tying their shoelaces.
Nice try!

Regards

KK

carlton

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2010
Albuquerque
Good review, as always. I didn't dislike them as much as you, but then again, I stopped using them. I don't find them very difficult to refill, and they're probably the most problem free, easy to manage ce2 type carto I've used. Due to the design, I never get any leaks or gurgles or burning rubber. That said, I still get some of the regular ce2 problems, notably, wicking issues. Not inconsistent, as I tilt them regularly, but after a few fills I get the build up of thick unwickable liquid in the bottom of the tank.

I still use a couple of juices in a ce2. I use modded 3.5 ml vision, which I can't suggest to anyone due to the modding needed, but I like the way they vape.

Look PBusardo, I know you were looking to stir up something, and I have restrained myself, but frankly, anyone who could not see that you need to keep the wick on a vision wet would be a candidate for getting assistance with tying their shoelaces.
Nice try!

He simply doesn't agree with you. That doesn't mean he was stirring things up. I'm sure he will tell you, as I will, if it works for you, then it's the greatest device ever made. I also think he was asking an honest question, which you answered. The attitude isn't necessary.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
anyone who could not see that you need to keep the wick on a vision wet would be a candidate for getting assistance with tying their shoelaces.
Nice try!

Regards

KK

I believe he knows that you need to keep the wick wet. What he was talking about is what you have to do to keep the wick wet. I for the record agree with Phil on this one. Because of all the good talk about these I fell for it and tried a couple. They aren't worth a damm IMHO. There are so many devices that work better, hold more juice, and you can see your juice level in those as well.

rolandpibb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
British Columbia
1. They are easy to fill even with an ordinary dropper tip (there is always going to be some space between the silicon cap and the wall. you just have to look for it), even easier with a spikey tip on a bottle, a pipette or a syringe, which can be pushed between the wall and the silicone cap.
2. You can see exactly how much you are filling it, unlike cartomisers, and you can see whether the wicks are wet.
3. The vaping experience is second only to direct dripping on to an atomizer, IMO. Much better than a cartomiser, tanked or not.
5. They are not sold as repairable or disassemblable but they have been disassembled, cleaned, wicks and coils replaced. Check out ECF rockinrobbiesf, or youtube estarra. I really cannot believe that you could think of attempting to thread a wick through an existing coil.

What I learned intuitively as a cig smoker was that you had to light the end without the filter and keep it lit.
What I have learned as a vaper is that the wick to the heated coil, or the heated coil itself has to be kept wet That requires some faith with a polyfilled cartomizer, frequent dripping with an atomizer, and both of these can lead to leaking. No leaking with the ego vision (unless you put liquid down through the centre tube, but then you would qualify for some disability payment), because you can see the liquid and the wicks. If the wicks are dry - tip it. If there is no liquid - put some in!
Nice try!

Regards

KK

Can we leave this post stickied as an example of rampant fanboyism?

Disagree? Fine. Point/counterpoint? Excellent. Rants like yours are ridiculous.

PBusardo has probably reviewed more vaping gear than you knew existed. His opinion gathers so much more weight than your impetuous post.

Jammin

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Washington DC
Phil, outstanding review. Thank you! I just ordered one, so I will see if I become a fan or not. Either way, it was only $5 so if I don't like it, no biggie. I like the concept, but agree that there is a design flaw with where the wick is placed. However, there must be some reason they put it on top vs bottom. I don't know.

Thanks again though. This is a very thorough review.

pounder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
tucson,az
Can we leave this post stickied as an example of rampant fanboyism?

Disagree? Fine. Point/counterpoint? Excellent. Rants like yours are ridiculous.

PBusardo has probably reviewed more vaping gear than you knew existed. His opinion gathers so much more weight than your impetuous post.
Ditto on the fanboyism.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Great review! BTW, what gets produced in the audio lab?

Neon

Ha!! This was an old lab badge we had in the previous building. Since I did so much audio editing in my home office (that door behind me) back when I was DJing, I put in on the door. I think I need to change that to "TasteYourJuice.com" :)

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
This review had me reviewing my angle of vape a bit.
I noticed on a heavier tube mod or my little box's I do tend to have the PV at chin level or lower so I could see the wick being an issue on those. On my echo and especially Echo+Kuwako I have a horizontal or even slight incline so it should work ok on those (or rather the 808 versions should work ok)

Still not even a consideration with the Boge or normal Echo cartomizers they work fine even if I am standing on my head juggling monkeys. I guess a bit of polyfill isn't always a bad thing.

I have one of these on order to test out myself, there are a few juices that gunk up some cartomizers..and work ok at higher ohms that may be perfect for these..maybe.

AMAZING!! Here all the while I thought I was the only one juggling monkeys!

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL

Nice try!

Regards

KK

Hmmm... Ok.

After thinking about the comment "Why do you guys like these so much"... although it was meant as nothing more than fun and certainly not "looking to stir things up". I did come to the realization that what I did was to question your experience on a device. Everyone's experience is going to be different and I always say in my reviews, whatever works to keep you off analog cigarettes is the best device out there. However, I don't like when people question my experience because I always give you my honest opinion and experience when using a device or juice. So, therefore, thought it was wrong of me to question yours.

I addressed what I said in my very next review:

I have also stated many times that I'm not very much into fiddling and strongly believe things should work out of the box, especially on a $6 carto that is not meant to be taken apart. If you are into that, then great... have at it. My guess is that there is a very limited number of users who would want and/or be wiling to take this thing apart and re-wick it.

Also, you make the comment...

"frankly, anyone who could not see that you need to keep the wick on a vision wet would be a candidate for getting assistance with tying their shoelaces"

...yet earlier in the paragraph you also mention...

"What I have learned as a vaper is that the wick to the heated coil, or the heated coil itself has to be kept wet".

So it's a learned response. And that is my issue. There is the possibility that a new vaper may not understand that because they have not learned it yet. So what they wind up with is a horrible and unpleasant vape and the potential to turn them off to vaping.

Finally, "I have restrained myself". Don't bother. I can take it. Or just watch "Fluffy Kitty Cam" again :)

Last edited:

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Looks like another CE2 tank to me, without the ceramic cup...I can never get those things to work consistently. And to "KWM", it's an honest review...I don't see Phil trying to stir up anything...if he doesn't like something, he tells you, that's what makes him a great reviewer.

Thanks Sean!

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Good review, as always. I didn't dislike them as much as you, but then again, I stopped using them. I don't find them very difficult to refill, and they're probably the most problem free, easy to manage ce2 type carto I've used. Due to the design, I never get any leaks or gurgles or burning rubber. That said, I still get some of the regular ce2 problems, notably, wicking issues. Not inconsistent, as I tilt them regularly, but after a few fills I get the build up of thick unwickable liquid in the bottom of the tank.

I still use a couple of juices in a ce2. I use modded 3.5 ml vision, which I can't suggest to anyone due to the modding needed, but I like the way they vape.

He simply doesn't agree with you. That doesn't mean he was stirring things up. I'm sure he will tell you, as I will, if it works for you, then it's the greatest device ever made. I also think he was asking an honest question, which you answered. The attitude isn't necessary.

Thanks Carlton. No worries. I can take it :)

Actually, after reading your comment, I believe we're pretty much on the same page. I found all the same good qualities of the device that you did. It's the wicking issues which lead to an inconsistent vape for me that I can live without.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Phil, outstanding review. Thank you! I just ordered one, so I will see if I become a fan or not. Either way, it was only $5 so if I don't like it, no biggie. I like the concept, but agree that there is a design flaw with where the wick is placed. However, there must be some reason they put it on top vs bottom. I don't know.

Thanks again though. This is a very thorough review.

Thanks Jammin! Hope it works for you, but like you said, $5... who cares!

SuperLuckyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Austin, TX
.....No leaking with the ego vision (unless you put liquid down through the centre tube, but then you would qualify for some disability payment)......

Yeah! Where do I apply?

Seriously, I love these things too. More amazingly, so does my husband, who is one of the pickiest people alive. I finally got something he likes! Doesn't mean I expect everyone to like them, though.

Whatever floats your boat.
Whatever turns you on.
It takes all sorts to make a world.
You can't please all of the people all of the time.
Insert your own adage here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread