A Pharmacists Point of View

Status
Not open for further replies.

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
The Chinese government limited the nicjuice to 26mg. Suppliers are allowed to sell the stock of higher nic they have on hand but the factory can not make any more than 26mg.

Very good, thank you Minimike. It's funny they'll allow marketing children's toys painted with lead based paint, but when it comes to smokers, they're concerned.

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
The Chinese government limited the nicjuice to 26mg. Suppliers are allowed to sell the stock of higher nic they have on hand but the factory can not make any more than 26mg.

It is my understanding that the Chinese government did not limit the juice to 24mg, but was a decision made by the manufacturers in an attempt to get ready for easier transition into FDA regulations, when they do come about.

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    . If they do go thru with the ban then in my opinion its a blatenly obviouse sign that the lobbyists of tabacco have way to much money involved in tabacco use and have no interest in helping people to stop smoking. Im going to have to agree fully that they will not let it go without taxation on it because of the obscene amount of money that they will be loosing from all the people that switch to the ecig.

BT wouldn't be too worried. Taxes end up in gov pockets, not theirs. Nic must be extracted from THEIR tobacco. They could even manufacture their own ejuice. It's BP that is worried. They would suffer a big loss because of the decreased demand for NRT, but if ejuice is not considered a drug, their potential future profits on ecig use evaporates.

I noticed one of the posts said nicotine had to be extracted from their tobacco. Actually this is inaccurate. There are natural sources for nicotine other than tobacco such as potatoes, peppers and I'm sure there must be others. In fact (can't remember who) one of the e-liquid sources I was considering specifically mentioned peppers as their source plant. So no tobacco involve whatsoever.

jmvallee

ECF Veteran
    Jul 20, 2009
    Newport News, VA
    Markarich- Do you remember the commercials for the inhaler NRT? This was about 7 years ago I think. When patches were going OTC. I can't remember the name or the MFR. I know that my HMO had decided it was non formulary and did not stock it. Then again anything new most HMOs won't approve and it's all out of pocket costs for the patient. I only saw the commercial a few times, then I never saw it again, or even heard about it via patients. Chantix, well when that came out many people were asking about it, then a year later the musician was killed in Texas because he used it in conjunction with alcohol.

As each new NRT came out, I dutifully tried them and failed miserably.
    Bought the Nicotrol inhalers on ebay cus they're OTC in Canada. Bit the bullet and shelled out the buck for Zyban (generic) and Chantix - Chantix made me sick as a dog.

After 9 days of being a e-cig owner, I've cut WAY back on analogs. I usually went thru 2 cartons a week. (I can't say I smoked them all - mostly lit, took a drag, put it down.. it burned up half way, took another drag or two and put it out.) Big waste of $$$.

The last carton I bought lasted 9 DAYS!

Have ordered juice, etc so I can start DIY. Haven't got the throat hit right yet. But I am starting to feel the difference.

My endurance is slightly better.. (I am a competitive ballroom dancer) and that a BIG PLUS.

Ater investing many $$ in this venture, I'm trying very hard to make it work.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I noticed one of the posts said nicotine had to be extracted from their tobacco. Actually this is inaccurate. There are natural sources for nicotine other than tobacco such as potatoes, peppers and I'm sure there must be others. In fact (can't remember who) one of the e-liquid sources I was considering specifically mentioned peppers as their source plant. So no tobacco involve whatsoever.

If there's no tobacco in the juice at all, then it can't be classefied as a tobacco product. FDA will then definitely be able to ban it as an untested new drug/delivery device.

Winace

ECF Veteran
    Oct 14, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why don't we all just go to the nearest mall and vape water? Would they try to ban a water vaporizer? Water produces vapor... your body is primarily composed of it, would they attempt banning it? I'd like to see someone arrest me for smoking water! Nicotine is the only thing here in question... how can a city ban vaping in general? Will they ban heating elements (atomizers)? This is really kind of ridiculous... What if I disolved a Jolly Rancher candy and wanted to consume it through vapor? How I consume a consumable product should be my choice, it is not like I am exposing myself while sticking it in my ___! This is more than just an FDA issue in my opinion. I feel as if my basic freedoms are being placed under a microsope here. Sorry for the vent..... just a little irritated today I guess...

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    Tempe, Az
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why don't we all just go to the nearest mall and vape water? Would they try to ban a water vaporizer? Water produces vapor... your body is primarily composed of it, would they attempt banning it? I'd like to see someone arrest me for smoking water! Nicotine is the only thing here in question... how can a city ban vaping in general? Will they ban heating elements (atomizers)? This is really kind of ridiculous... What if I disolved a Jolly Rancher candy and wanted to consume it through vapor? How I consume a consumable product should be my choice, it is not like I am exposing myself while sticking it in my ___! This is more than just an FDA issue in my opinion. I feel as if my basic freedoms are being placed under a microsope here. Sorry for the vent..... just a little irritated today I guess...

Actually, I think this is an excellant point. The problem is intended use of a product. The intent of using PVs, overwhelmingly, is to ingest nicotine without burning it or any other carrying substance. You can use vodka to clean things, but its intended use is to drink.

Winace

ECF Veteran
    Oct 14, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Agreed, but how many items are not used for their original purpose? You can melt ....... in a spoon for injection, does that mean I can not carry a spoon? How about a firearm? It can be used for purposes of ill intent, yet, it is the user that inflicts due harm, not the weapon. In this case harm is inflicted upon another, yet firearms remain legal and rightfully so. If vaping whatever solution of choice is my preference I am inflicting harm (if any) on my own personal self, not others. Wearing tight underwear may injure reproduction capabilities, I have yet to see a bikini/brief ban.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread