Advice on new setup please

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGilbs

Dec 21, 2021
I'm looking to upgrade my setup & was looking at the Aegis L200.

My current setup is below but was after some of your guys expert advice please :)

Thanks in advance all.

----------------------
Current setup:
mod:
innokin Coolfire Ultra
Settings: 0.43Ni / 50.0w @ 150°C
CROWN:
uwell Crown IV
COIL:
Crown IV coil 0.4 (subohm)
eLIQUID:
Mothers milk 50VG/50PG

TheGilbs

Dec 21, 2021
Hi All,

I'm looking to upgrade my setup & was looking at the Aegis L200.

My current setup is below but was after some of your guys expert advice please :)

Thanks in advance all.

----------------------
Current setup:
MOD:
Innokin Coolfire Ultra
Settings: 0.43Ni / 50.0w @ 150°C
CROWN:
Uwell Crown IV
COIL:
Crown IV coil 0.4 (subohm)
eLIQUID:
Mothers milk 50VG/50PG

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
I'm a bit confused by your settings. It looks like you've got TC set up for a nickel 200 coil, but as far as I can tell the Crown IV 0.4 coil is SS904L, which wouldn't work with those settings. Additionally, your temperature is a lot lower than normal. I wouldn't be surprised if your mod is recognizing that your coil isn't behaving like Ni200 would and is kicking you back to wattage mode. Do you know if your mod is displaying a temperature while you vape, or does it just show the 50 w?

I'm not familiar with the Aegis L200, but I've heard good things about previous versions, which is encouraging. I expect someone else will chime in who knows more about it.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
The Aegis Legend 2 or L200 is a nice enough device, but not as tough as its predecessor. You'll see a significant increase in runtime, if the proper batteries are selected, have access to a wider range of power, and be able to swap cells out rather than tethering yourself to a USB cable. You will want to get a battery charger, though...

However, it is larger and bulkier, and has a completely different menu system.

I feel compelled to point out that the Crown coils you referenced are Stainless Steel 904, but you're running your device in Nickel200 mode. I do not recall if the Innokin device has TCR settings, but even if it does not, Power/Wattage or TC SS modes are probably going to perform better than TC Ni mode.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
However, I find either the one of the probs:
1. No flavour (SS mode)
2. Huge usage of coils (W mode)
3. Huge usage of juice (the setup listed above which you correctly pointed out was wrong)
Hola,
1= have you tried the other coil options for that tank?
2= Ditto
3= Vaping too much? Increase your nicotine level and get a second device for 0mg/ml chain vaping.

Location?
Budget?
Why get a new battery/mod when the tank seem to be the root of your issues?
How long did you smoke and how many per day?
What is the nicotine content of the juice you are using?

Cheers
I

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Part of the issue regarding juice usage is the viscosity/blend. 50/50 is so thin... maybe try a 70VG/30pg.

The tank is fine with whe mod.

The subohm experience just uses a lot of juice... I go through probably 150ml every week in my RTAs (all built with fused clapton wires to around 0.16ohm).

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
For info:
currently running the mods (with the 50/50 juice listed) at 50.5w & also eats up the juice at a remarkable rate.

Is my Mod / Crown incompatable maybe?

The mod shouldn't really affect the performance of your tank. The only real compatibility issue that can arise with the type of mod and tank you're using is when you have a small mod that can't or struggles to provide enough power for a high wattage tank and coil, and as the Coolfire Ultra goes up to 150 w, you won't have that problem at 50 watts.

I think there's still an issue with your settings. You mentioned in the other thread that you've switched from the Ni to the SS setting. That's closer, but there are a lot of different types of stainless steel. The Coolfire, like most mods, has a default setting for SS316L, but your coil is SS904L. That's probably why it's not working well for you. If the mod has a TCR mode, you can look up the value for SS904L and enter it manually. Otherwise, you're probably better off just using it in wattage mode.

About the use of coils in wattage mode - how long are they lasting? Replacing coils more often than we would like is one of the unfortunate necessities of vaping, although you can often maximize their lifespan by:
  • Priming a new coil before you use it - drop ejuice on the wick (any white cotton stuff you can see on the coil) before you install it. It should be saturated but not dripping.
  • Breaking in a new coil the first time you use it - start vaping with the wattage very low, maybe 30 watts if you usually vape at 50. Vape for a few minutes, then turn up the wattage, vape a bit, and repeat until you get to where you want to be.
  • Picking a coil-friendly ejuice. Some juices just gunk up coils faster than others. Generally (but not always), the darker and sweeter a juice is the faster it will do in the coil.

• Useful
Reactions: Izan

TheGilbs

Dec 21, 2021
Thanks for all your replys guys, great Forum :banana:
OK I'll try to answer the questions raised:
1. No not tried other coil options
2. Nicotine level is mix of 0mg (3/4 of tank) & 3mg
3. I was looking at getting not just the mod but the kit to see how I go with it
4. Yea, trying to find a juice you like is so hard these days. I have been trough so many & the Mothers Milk is the best flavour but understand what you mean. Any recommendations that are 70/30 that are a similar flavour?
5. Oh, 150ml sounds similar to my usage. Thats really helpfull as I thought it was me doing something wrong!
6. Yea, running in wattage mode at mo (50.5w) and for some reason the coils are really doing well (been over a week now since last change) but still plowing through the juice. I thnk they must know I've asked a question on this forum & they have started behaving;)
7. Yea, I do prime & use the tips you have mentioned but thank you for that as confirms I'm doing the right thing.

Again, can I thank you all for the time & information you have all given. Great Forum & obviously very knowledgeable members :thumb:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Thanks in advance all.
Welcome and glad you joined.
You have posted in the new members forum, you are limited to the number of post in this forum.
re: New Members - "How many posts do I need to..."
In the future,suggest re posting in General Vaping Discussion and Chat forum:
General Vaping Discussion
Often times,you may receive more knowledgeable/germane/extensive information from the membership in the above/appropriate forum (The "New Member forum" is used basically as a polite way of saying hello to all ECF members.).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread