Airline Travel with E-Cig

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollyp

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
California
This past Sept I went through the airport with my e-cig in my carryon. No problems. On my first flight it went through without a second look. On the second flight they did look twice at the scanners. I don't know if it was the e-cig that they looked at again or not. I just put it in the same pocket that I had my ipod, headset, cell phone and DS in figuring it would get lost among all the othe electronics so I wouldn't have to explain it.

Holly

beecee

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Valley of the Sunstroke
I just returned from a couple of flights --- Calgary to Vegas, Vegas to Detroit. I carried my e-cig in my pocket and charger etc in my carry-on. Not even a second look by security. Delta did have a notice on the airplane that said "no smoking including e-cigarettes", so they obviously are well aware of them.

That's good information. International flights lately have been crazy on checking people so if you got through without issue then I think in states flights would be good too.

I wonder if they say no e-cig's because of people or because the vapor *may* set off the smoke detectors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread