Akuma Mod 1:1 Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, Id like to thank IconVape for expediting me this clone! Very good customer service,
and answered all my questions right away. Shoot, i asked a question, and within 5 mins
he replied.

So Last week I had the privilege to try out the Akuma mod Clone before most other
vendors started taking pre orders.
I paid 60$ for this clone, and it was worth every penny!

The 18350, and the 18500 tubes are both engraved, and spot on to the original.
The mod is real RED copper, and looks beautiful. I noticed red copper doesnt get dirty as fast
compared to my all copper sir lancelot mod.
The threads on the 18350,18500,18650 tubes, and also the top and bottom caps work
flawlessly!! Copper switch contact on the bottom, and copper top pin.
It came with two very stiff, strong magnets in the switch along with a spring if you don't
favor magnetic switches. The top is not a floating pin, but one you have to adjust manually.
The derlin piece is very sturdy, and does not strip out easily like other clones I have.
The brass accents are said to be "real Australian brass" but I cannot confirm this.
The firing throw is VERY short, so if you like a nice, long throw this wouldn't be for you.
The threads on this are machined very beautifully, and so is the tubes them selves.
After a whole hour of inspection, I couldn't find ONE blemish on the tubes, no scratches,
nor any machine residue.. I still did a thorough cleaning, and it vaped beautifully!!
All my attys have fit on top, and have not had a problem.
The box that it came with was a wooden, engraved box that was very nice. It was engraved with
the Akuma logo, and the clones production number

This clone, is my 2nd favorite in my collection.
Favorite mods in my collection (1st being most favorite)
1: Sir lancelot non clone #94 (their customer service is top notch.)
2: Akuma mod clone
3: Stingray clone hCigar (currently in a patina process)
4: Vanilla SS 18500 model non clone (magnetic switch upgrade)
-should also be receiving my CANA MOD this week from ele8vape.

* comparing the stingray clone from Hcigar, this Akuma mod blows it away in
machining, vape quality, and packaging. I would say this is a TRUE 1:1 clone
that might even blow some real legit mods out of the spotlight. Shoot i think
this hits harder than my vanilla mod, even though the machining on my SS vanilla
is TOP notch.

I will upload pictures when i arrive home, im currently at work on break writting this review.

*If you would like me to do a review on the sir lancelot, please let me know, I'd be happy too =)
Have a good day ya'll

NahkriinKrosis

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
texas
Ok so Monday finally came around and my Akuma clone came in.

First impressions: the box was a cardboard replica of the wooden box the OG comes in, and it was vac sealed. The mod itself was plastic wrapped and very pretty. The blemish on the inside is only on the 18650 tube with the demon engraving. The switch tho! It's pretty nice at first and then it's janky. I hate that isht! I also think it's clear coated so I'll have to polish that off. The top cap threads are smooth and so are the switch threads. The tube though is squeaky. Also does not have or come with magnets. The positive pin is also crap, it's nearly impossible to terminate battery rattle because the pin is very loose in the threads if that makes sense. Overall, worth 30 bucks I guess, it's sexy as all get out. Zenith v2 clone with copper afc ring coming in to top it.
a5u7yzu5.jpg
eta4anaz.jpg
yruzanu9.jpg
hanyhavu.jpg
7a2u4u8u.jpg
darerasu.jpg

Ok so Monday finally came around and my Akuma clone came in.

First impressions: the box was a cardboard replica of the wooden box the OG comes in, and it was vac sealed. The mod itself was plastic wrapped and very pretty. The blemish on the inside is only on the 18650 tube with the demon engraving. The switch tho! It's pretty nice at first and then it's janky. I hate that isht! I also think it's clear coated so I'll have to polish that off. The top cap threads are smooth and so are the switch threads. The tube though is squeaky. Also does not have or come with magnets. The positive pin is also crap, it's nearly impossible to terminate battery rattle because the pin is very loose in the threads if that makes sense. Overall, worth 30 bucks I guess, it's sexy as all get out. Zenith v2 clone with copper afc ring coming in to top it.
a5u7yzu5.jpg
eta4anaz.jpg
yruzanu9.jpg
hanyhavu.jpg
7a2u4u8u.jpg
darerasu.jpg

Thats weird that you have silver plated contacts, mine are solid copper, and mine came with a set of magnets for the firing pin.
Maybe the manufacturer is different for our clones? Yours also has a floating pin, where mine is not floating..
hmmmm they claim its a 1:1 clone, but really, its not

Dadrun Kwan

Jun 19, 2014
United States
20140709_185251.jpg

Akuma Clone from 101vapes...
I had to adjust the contact and delrin inside my top cap a bit for my RDA's to sit flush.

I asked 101vapes who made this particular clone and they told me Ijoytech.
Mine has a spring, no magnets( where can I find em for this bad boy???), "box" wasn't wooden, it was just a cardboard box that looked wooden. Mine also has Silver plated contacts.
Overall though despite a few shortcomings, after tinkering with it and cleaning it up, the switch is SMOOTH, threads are buttery, it has a heavy solid quality feel, it hits HARD. I don't regret it at all and think I got a hell of a deal at $26, $29 shipped.

Last edited:

Daddy dan123

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2014
Ohio
I'm too clumsy for sanding and all. Lol. Jen I got my red copper stingray it was hanky in the switch but WD-40 and a few days later it worked itself Into being perfect and it's my out and about mod and work mod. Lol. Probably should not do that cuz it isn't bad at all I'm just hoping this akuma is as good as my stingray clone. Does the spring hold well on subohm. I usually don't go past .6 and I usually always stay at .7 or .8 so I'm not super sub ohm. But if anyone knows where to get a stronger spring that'll fit in the akuma or the size of the magnets and maybe where to get them I'll love you long time lol. My akuma will be here tomorrow fingers crossed. I wish mine doesn't have the serial number below the demon ugh lol. I'll let you fellows know how it is though lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread