Am I only one who does 'Juice Buying Binges' ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I understand the concept of obsessive, compulsive behavior. I know 'moderation' is considered the way to go. But I think I've developed a quietly disturbing trend here. I go on 'e-juice buying binges' that are starting to worry me.
In January I FINALLY got registered at Ahlusion, and promptly ordered 12 30ml bottles from a vendor I'd never tried before. I mean, c'mon, 360ml of juices I'd never tried ?!? Turns out the TH in Ahlusion liquids is a little much for my allergies, even at 70%VG. So I post them on the classies and sell them to a local buyer.
Yesterday I was looking over my juice collection when I realized "OMG, only 100ml of juice now!" So, after buying 120ml of HHV, 100ml of CravinVapes, 60ml at VelvetCloudVapor and 72ml at MyVapeJuice (VCV and MVJ are new to me) I suddenly feel whole again.
But I am begining to wonder- Have I developed some sort of Security Blanket need for E-Liquids ? This recent penchant for buying 300+ml at a time is begining to worry me....:unsure:. Does anyone else 'Juice Binge' like this ?

D4rk50ul

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Hawaii
www.xda-developers.com
I buy in huge quantities but I never buy that much from an unproven vendor. They generally get tons of hype and fail to meet it. I have ordered 500ml+ this week and have a huge order coming up from my new favorite vendor soon. I would recommend sample packs no matter what you have heard, then if you get a flavor you really like buy gallons.

D4rk50ul

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Hawaii
www.xda-developers.com
I have been buying from Mt Baker Vapor and Im trying to get at least 250 ml ahead so I can be letting it steep for a month. To me that is when most of their flavors taste the best. So I have made 2 great big orders about a week apart but so far I have loved everything I have tried from them.

My vendor of choice doesn't require much steeping even though its fresh made, never tried Mt Baker I prefer "premium" joose. The cost savings vs quality just isn't worth it to me I guess.

I do try to keep enough on hand to last about 6 months though as I always fear running out.

ShelleyF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Tennessee
I know what you mean, lol but my purchasing is on a smaller scale. I am only up to 100 ml of different juice this week. But I plan on buy more today. I am waiting on my favorite vendor to post their juice of the week tonight, lol and checking some other vendors out and making another purchase or a few more. I don't have a ton of juice so I have to get stocked up. I do feel it can become an obsession though. I put stuff up to sell on ebay to get more money to buy more juice, equipment, etc. but I do sell there all the time anyway, but I want more juice and I want it now, lol I also want to stock up so the juices can steep and with the way the vendors are getting slammed. You do have a reason to worry about not wanting to run out. Some shipments are delayed by 1-3 weeks lately and then still has to steep.

XeniaMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Xenia, Ohio
As a bonafide person with OCD, it's a trap I can easily fall into. 2nd chance is right about it being expensive to even sample. Brick and mortar vape shops will be more helpful as they come along. There is one in our area and they have sample carts there for free and make all their own juice on site. Of course, prices are cheaper online so we're stuck for awhile until there are vape shops on every corner. I started out with Johnson Creek, and have been happy with everything from them (except for 1) so far. They're expensive tho.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
I agree

Find a few you like and stop buying. Save your money for a nice mod. Or limit yourself to 1-2 a month. I check the Deals and Steals thread and if I see a super sale I'll try something different from time to time. I stopped listening to revews or fan favorites. Maybe it's my taste buds but they're usually the ones I end up hating.

Or try DIY. Super cheap way to try different flavors without spending big bucks and waiting for the mail.

waylonjessi4ever

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Northern California
Yes I agree with Caridwen and second chance ,put yourself on a strict budget for the month then youre done as with anything else that can be addictive shopping ,clothes ,shoes ,anything .I just remove myself from the temptation of looking when I know I"m done .
Doesnt matter if you can afford it and it sits in a drawer or you have more then you can vape :) Good luck ! I use the same strategy for food buying ...yeah its on sale but do i really need that much ?

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I get what you're feeling. I would buy two cartons of cigs every other week. And that's with being able to go to any store and get a pack when needed. With juice.....since online ordering is just about the only way to get it, we feel the need to keep plenty on hand. When you figure in steep time.....it just makes the anxiety ratchet up another notch.

Our biggest fear is running out. Take a deep breath, you have plenty ordered now. Just make yourself wait x amount of weeks before ordering more. I am now at a once a month order cycle. When HHV starts with the 50ml bottles, I should be able to go longer before ordering. ;)

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
I can relate to juice buying binges. I'm trying to avoid that though, because it means I have so much to go through that I don't get to buy new juices to try for a while. For me juices are the biggest part of my enjoyment for the hobby. I will never settle on a few favorites, I just love trying new juices and changing flavors too much.

I have a huge list of juices to try, and will force myself to space out ordering them so I can try new juices on a regular basis. Money isn't an issue for me, since I vape up most juice I order and it's still cheape than smoking. DIY isn't something I consider either, since naturally extracting tobaccos is a lot of work and I like the artistry of many vendors and know they can produce better results than me.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
May be time for you to start out in diy seeing all the money you're wasting lol.

I don't see it as wasting money. Since I vape around 3ml a day, and juice costs around 50 cents a ml, it's way cheaper than smoking ever was. Honestly, I'll be happy to pay more for some of these great products if it happens, especially NETs.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
I don't see it as wasting money. Since I vape around 3ml a day, and juice costs around 50 cents a ml, it's way cheaper than smoking ever was. Honestly, I'll be happy to pay more for some of these great products if it happens, especially NETs.

It's a waste if you buy a bunch of juice and hate them all. That's what a lot of new people do, in the search for a good vape or to find something they may like they order everything they hear mentioned. It's common with new people. I did the same when I stared vaping. Tastes change, your tastebuds are still going haywire.

After about 6 months I realized that the first few I started with were pretty good and got off the juice ordering merry go round.

I still buy a few but the simple liquids I make myself. It's so fast and easy. I made about 150 ml of 4 flavors today and it took me all of 10 minutes. It's just much more convenient.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
It's a waste if you buy a bunch of juice and hate them all. That's what a lot of new people do, in the search for a good vape or to find something they may like they order everything they hear mentioned.

This is true, but luckily it hasn't been my experience to hate many juices. I read about the juices people with similar tastes as mine enjoy and check them out. After a couple years of vaping I also know my preferences very well. My odds of enjoying a juice I'll buy have been extremely high for a while. No matter how good a juice is though, I also tend to move on from them after a bottle or two. I rarely reorder the same juice, so thank god there is more being released than I'll ever get to. There's just a small minority here that trying and evaluating juices is the biggest part of the hobby, but it's who I relate to the most.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I can't even fry eggs ( God Bless my Wife! ) so I'm in no hurry to DIY. I do reorder favorites, in fact I keep a list on a legal pad so I can go back to my faves anytime I want. As far a high-end Mod goes, My little REOSmini works just fine for me. A couple of Twist / T3 gave me a taste for VV vaping, so I wouldn't mind a VV Grand. But I have no desires at this time for a GG or a ProVari. Dripping at 70 mph while holding 78000 lbs in a strait line on the Interstate is too dangerous for me, bottom-feed is the way for me !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread