Am I only one who does 'Juice Buying Binges' ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
The furthest I've gotten into DIY has been Frankenjuicing and menthal crystals, both of which can end up with poor to average juices turning highly vapable or horrible juices to be exponentially worse. I'm also considering buying a jug of nic to mix with glycerin which I always have a bottle of after reading a recent thread about vaping unflavored. I can see myself getting deeper into it if more places start selling NET extract. Right now the only place that does is MyVapeJuice. They have one that's made of Broadleaf, the leaf often used to wrap cigars, that would be fun to add to other NET extracts for a DIY cigar flavor.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
I think it's great that you've made juice tasting into something of a hobby.

I was the kid that took a peanut butter sandwich to school from everyday for years. Variety has never been the spice of life for me! :D

I like about 4 flavors until I OD on them. I have one one each pv here on my desk. To be honest, I could probably live with just two and be happy.

TheSenator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2012
Houston, Texas
Mine was never in bulk, but I'd buy sample packs from anyone that would sell samples.
I don't even want to know how much $ I put down the drain from juice either tasting like crap or not vaping in time....literally down the drain.

I have found 7-10 flavors I like and will continue to order in moderation until a few stop getting produced or the batches aren't up to par.

If you're worried about "running out", find a consistent good vendor that you KNOW you can get juice shipped in a day/two max.

XeniaMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Xenia, Ohio

I was the kid that took a peanut butter sandwich to school from everyday for years. Variety has never been the spice of life for me! :D

I like about 4 flavors until I OD on them. I have one one each pv here on my desk. To be honest, I could probably live with just two and be happy.

That's true, and if I think about it, I smoked the same old flavor cigarettes for 15 years, and some similar before that. :laugh:

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo

Ha! What's funny is, I'm close to the same way you are with food. Though I enjoy trying new foods, I can easily eat the same couple meals weeks at a time. With cigarettes I wasn't brand loyal, but I didn't seek different brands for different flavor experience, just got whatever was cheap or on sale.

If I would have stuck with just a few flavors I like with vaping I'm sure I would have been just as successful. I probably would have put more focus into the hardware side instead, because vaping as a whole has hobby written all over it to me. That's what I do when loaded with juice and go on an eliquid buying freeze, start expanding on the hardware side. But now there's no going back, with so many flavors available that are easily obtained I have no desire to stick with a few ADV. If one day laws change, and my choice is regular, light, or menthol, I would adjust but would sadly reminisce the days when vendor made ejuice was the most important part of my hobby.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Debian Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2011
VA
XoomFAQ.com
12 bottles LOL that's NOTHING!!! but I buy a lot for reviews. A lot of samplers mostly. But I do find I am more particular to certain vendors no matter what they make. Meaning... if I like say, coffee, and my favorite vendor makes coffee I will probably favor it compared to another vendor version of the same flavor. I can only assume it is the process and ingredients that vendor uses that appeals to me.

It is all very personal and subjective. I read people raving about vendors X and I get a sample from vendor X and I am like it is nice but not better then my vendor Y. But I am sure if the people raving about vendor X tried my Y vendor they would say, "It's O.K. but not better then vendor X".

I remember running in to the owner of Blue Mist and joking about "Crab Juice" and asking why he made such a horrible vape. He said because people actually LIKE it. /shudder Bleck!

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
12 bottles LOL that's NOTHING!!! but I buy a lot for reviews. A lot of samplers mostly. But I do find I am more particular to certain vendors no matter what they make. Meaning... if I like say, coffee, and my favorite vendor makes coffee I will probably favor it compared to another vendor version of the same flavor. I can only assume it is the process and ingredients that vendor uses that appeals to me.

It is all very personal and subjective. I read people raving about vendors X and I get a sample from vendor X and I am like it is nice but not better then my vendor Y. But I am sure if the people raving about vendor X tried my Y vendor they would say, "It's O.K. but not better then vendor X".

I remember running in to the owner of Blue Mist and joking about "Crab Juice" and asking why he made such a horrible vape. He said because people actually LIKE it. /shudder Bleck!

I wish I could find the video. Last year (I think) a few of the members in PIF ordered a bunch of off the wall flavors including Crab Juice and did some reveiws. It was so funny!

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
No way I could do one or two juices- even in a single day I usually have 2 to 5 different juices going, and they change daily. I was born with a travelling bone, I am definatly not afraid of trying new foods (as long as I have some idea what's in it), and I enjoy multiple vape flavors. My issue is the 'OMG Gotta have 500ml NOW' emotional security blanket. Once I get there, I seem to have no problem just relaxing with what I have for several months. I kinda like the 'what'll we have today ?' aspect of having 30+ bottles on hand. It's just the reaction of when my stocks are percieved as 'low' that seems to get me carried away.....

Peggy-o

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2013
france
With cigarettes I wasn't brand loyal, but I didn't seek different brands for different flavor experience, just got whatever was cheap or on sale.

Yeah... it's strange when you think about it. I started vaping with that kind of thought in my mind, i used to roll , and just "smoke whatever", nic is nic riight? So I thought "well, if i don't like the juice, big deal, nic is nic". Yeah, sure. I have at least a liter (exaggerating here ^^) of simply unvapable stuff , on top of my closet, in a box. I just can't even smell them, it turns my stomach. So apparently taste is important in vaping huh? Wish I'd known before i ordered 60ml of "that one"....so now I'm tasting everything. I'm not even sorry :p i want to taste them all until i find a few i like, then i'll relax....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread