Anthony Vapes: Best of 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Jeez, the term 'rattlesnake' came from the people using such devices long before Pbusardo ever made a video explaining it.
He simply used visual aide to relay the cause to the general vaping public in an easy to see & understand way.

As far as your other comments,,, yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like your opinion man.
If you weren't serious it would be funny, you're letting your opinions interrupt fact.

• Agree
Reactions: Asbestos4004

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
It's worrisome....the amount of time Phil, Todd, djlsb and, I'm sure, all the others, spend on not trying to prove they're superior reviewers to everyone else with a camera. If they want to succeed in this game, they need to start knocking and name dropping. If they think just putting out quality reviews is going to get them noticed, they're wrong.

Dude, you should be ashamed and embarrassed.
really so you missed phils and vic thing? oh and the DJL vs everybody thing? in case you haven't noticed. I stay out of it all, but pointing out issues I've seen isn't trashing anyone. people are free to dislike my reviews or point out issues them may feel are there. I don't get offended. If that's your take fine, i don't try and convince people of anything. but IMO you should be ashamed of that baseless comment since you clearly don't know me at all. I've spoken with quite a few of the reviewers you mention personally. I don't think i'm superior to anyone i just make my content and interact with people to go around helping others on forums. that's it. I don't have anything to prove and could care less. I have nothing at stake. it's a hobby for me, not a source of income. I have nothing to gain. If i stopped doing reviews tomorrow in all honesty my life changes for the better. I'll have more free time and more money since doing reviews has cost me quite a bit of money

Reactions: Dubminer

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Did your rabbit experince ever get better after watching that dudes rabbit coil placement and airflow video that I seen on reddit?
lol please lets not talk about that.
Jeez, the term 'rattlesnake' came from the people using such devices long before Pbusardo ever made a video explaining it.
He simply used visual aide to relay the cause to the general vaping public in an easy to see & understand way.

As far as your other comments,,, yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like your opinion man.
If you weren't serious it would be funny, you're letting your opinions interrupt fact.
it's not an industry term. DC-DC converters and PWM have existed long before vaping as did electricity lol they have terms for things in the industry. it's like sqounking it's a made up term but since nothing else existed to describe it before it was invented it's now an industry term. but when it comes to electricity all the terms already exist

fifamymaingame

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2017
Colorado
That's crazy I can't imagine flavor being better than the rda I've had a goon and hated that probably cuz of my build but now you got me wandering for better flavor rda haha

I've had mixed results with my reload not sure what I did wrong did you ever get a review up

Looks like I'll be catching up on the channel to hear more in-depth thoughts on products I was on the fench about

Does the conspiracy come in any other colors then silver?

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
That's crazy I can't imagine flavor being better than the rda I've had a goon and hated that probably cuz of my build but now you got me wandering for better flavor rda haha

I've had mixed results with my reload not sure what I did wrong did you ever get a review up

Looks like I'll be catching up on the channel to hear more in-depth thoughts on products I was on the fench about

Does the conspiracy come in any other colors then silver?
i was never a goon fan personally. IIRC i called it most overrated of 2016. the reload i never reviewed. just too much products coming in so i'm focusing on stuff sent to me and not stuff i purchased and the reload was something i purchased. I dind't want to sacrifice quality for quantity. It's not like i get anything from pumping out large amounts of reviews lol. I took a break from vids in october. haven't made one since. been doing all written reviews but i do post them here on ECF in the review section.

as far as the conspiracy i know they make black because that's what I got. I think it's only black and SS

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
lol please lets not talk about that.

it's not an industry term. DC-DC converters and PWM have existed long before vaping as did electricity lol they have terms for things in the industry. it's like sqounking it's a made up term but since nothing else existed to describe it before it was invented it's now an industry term. but when it comes to electricity all the terms already exist

Rattlesnake may not be an 'industry term' but it has been used to describe the sounds of PWM & other electronic circuitry make since at least when Cadillac introduced the first electric starter.
In mechanical areas & apparatus it is also commonly used to describe sounds falling between a buzz and chatter.
So whether an 'industry term' or not, 'rattlesnake' has been used to describe a narrow range of sounds in an almost infinite application range.
It is a perfectly acceptable word used by laymen & professionals alike in a wide range of fields to describe a particular sound.
It isn't a joke, it is a term used on a daily basis, to describe a sound.

• Agree
Reactions: Asbestos4004

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Rattlesnake may not be an 'industry term' but it has been used to describe the sounds of PWM & other electronic circuitry make since at least when Cadillac introduced the first electric starter.
In mechanical areas & apparatus it is also commonly used to describe sounds falling between a buzz and chatter.
So whether an 'industry term' or not, 'rattlesnake' has been used to describe a narrow range of sounds in an almost infinite application range.
It is a perfectly acceptable word used by laymen & professionals alike in a wide range of fields to describe a particular sound.
It isn't a joke, it is a term used on a daily basis, to describe a sound.
except as someone in the industry for over a decade it's not. I work with electricians, electrical engineers, mechanics, gen techs, UPS techs, structural engineers, architects, and a few gen techs were ASE certified mechanics for 30+ years. I work with factories who manufacture UPS systems as well and all power systems. not once has anyone used the term "rattlesnake" It may be used on the internet but so is "lol gg KYS" so i put no stock in it

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
except as someone in the industry for over a decade it's not. I work with electricians, electrical engineers, mechanics, gen techs, UPS techs, structural engineers, architects, and a few gen techs were ASE certified mechanics for 30+ years. I work with factories who manufacture UPS systems as well and all power systems. not once has anyone used the term "rattlesnake" It may be used on the internet but so is "lol gg KYS" so i put no stock in it
The staff at Waffle House works with all those people too. :lol:

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Is there a written for the reload i like to see coil placement and wick on it

I'm either to thin and leaks but great flavor or I'm to thick and flavor is ...
No i didn't do any review for it. it's pretty much the same as the kylin though which i did review. that should give you a good idea if you look how i built the kylin

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas

Over a decade, wow.
How strange, I've heard the word come from the mouths of all you list & quite a bit more for over 50 years. My dad, grandfathers and their associates used it too.

Point being you belittle other reviewers for using a visual aide to show something, and make false statements about the equipment used & validity of the results. You even actually said there is no equipment " that could actually test temp control in a 100% objective way."
Then you backup these statements with basically, I know what I'm talking about because I said so.

Just me, I think spouting anecdotal opinion as knowledge or fact is detrimental no matter the conversation topic.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
I will check that out reload is my first rta and rabbit was first rda tho I did want the bonza more just locally had the color I wanted and bonza they had wasn't

I'm going to catch up with your video admit it's been few months since I watched any reviewer
yeah no worries man. they are there for when people need them. I don't really expect anyone to watch reviews religiously. I'd just focus on stuff on my list and read or watch the reviews since most have them and find which suits your needs

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Over a decade, wow.
How strange, I've heard the word come from the mouths of all you list & quite a bit more for over 50 years. My dad, grandfathers and their associates used it too.

Point being you belittle other reviewers for using a visual aide to show something, and make false statements about the equipment used & validity of the results. You even actually said there is no equipment " that could actually test temp control in a 100% objective way."
Then you backup these statements with basically, I know what I'm talking about because I said so.

Just me, I think spouting anecdotal opinion as knowledge or fact is detrimental no matter the conversation topic.
I don't belittle anyone. I've never said a bad thing about reviewers. Critiquing a review is completely different. I don't even belittle rip which everyone on here and most forums do. Hell i just had an opportunity to do so in this thread and chose the "lets not talk about that" route. it's literally a few posts up so again baseless accusations. If you don't want to believe me, thats fine. keep doing what you do. it's no skin off my back. watch whoever you want and believe what you want. doens't make a difference to me. I'm not here to convince anyone, i've learned too many are too set in their ways to learn anyway. You found what works for you and good for that. The whole idea of vaping , besides some of us turning it to a hobby, is to get people off tobacco. So i focus on helping those do that as well as helping people upgrade down the road. If you don't need that help then congrats, but others do.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Anthony_Vapes, Thanks for the response, you keep on doing you.

What I said may have been interpreted as being much more harsh in print than the verbal version(s) / the way it was rattling around in my head... rattlesnaking around in...
Lol all good man. I mean your on those forum a lot. i'm sure you've answered a ton of questions and helped a ton of people as do I. I see a lot of things that probably soured me a bit. Like the predator for instance. i took a beating warning people about the 510 long before it was common knowledge. I always got people like "(EDITED) DJL said it's amazing" then a week later DJL posted an update with a warning saying it sucks. I give him a lit of credit for it and i've talked to him and i know he felt bad about it. He's a good dude. doens't mean i'll always agree with it. I jsut get a lot of stuff like that. people saying "TC isn't working on my alien" and I tell them it sucks at TC and they are like but x reviewer said it was awesome. The thing is we as in the community typically know things that the average vaper or new vapor don't and they use the info from youtube as gospel. and this could come from any reviewer be it phil, DJL, rip, grimm, SMM etc After a while at least me personally, I just start to feel bad for these people that wasted money or are unhappy. it's easy to forget at times. i mean for me a mod breaks so what i got 100 others. for some they have to save up for weeks maybe longer to buy a mod and they make the choice to quit smoking or upgrade their old one and wind up with a dud and disappointed. and we all know the after sales service from most companies is complete garbage. forums do more and better tech support then the companies themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
my only issue with those plots is all it tells you is what the chip says it's doing and not what it's really doing. same goes for evolv software. it doens't test anything it just reports data from the chip. Also feel free to keep it here. it's my thread and i have no issue with it. it's a good informative discussion

I would love to see a plot or plots generated for other chips. I don't own a DNA or Yihi (because I refuse to pay more than $50 for a battery holder) but I'm curious.

Planning on a Battlestar Mini review?

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
I would love to see a plot or plots generated for other chips. I don't own a DNA or Yihi (because I refuse to pay more than $50 for a battery holder) but I'm curious.

Planning on a Battlestar Mini review?
yup battlestar mini review is coming soon. maybe next week or the week after at the latest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread