AnyVape AnyMOD VV VW MECH

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuicyPoots

Jan 17, 2014
Florida
Got the wife's AnyMOD on Friday!! Very impressed!!

Pros:
1. It works extremely well!! I'm impressed, especially for the price. I will say that it seems to read about .1-.2 ohms higher than my eVic (this could be due to additional contacts for the mechanical circuit).
2. The screen is identical to the evic but the plastic does not wrap around the entire body, only the front.
3. The screen is about 3-5x brighter than my eVic also which is really nice.
4. It is about 2.3 ounces heavier than the eVic and about .5" longer
5. The paint seems to be a rubberized flat paint, which is nice since it provides a little more grip.
6. Single button control similar to many mods on the market today. Button seems very solid and high quality.
7. USB Passthru IN and OUT - I suppose for charging a phone from the device or allowing multiple devices to charge from 1 USB port.
8. The AnyMOD works great!! Everything we have thrown at it seems to work very well. We don't have any sub ohm stuff to try the mechanical side out yet, but will be ordering a kayfun soon and will test it out

Cons.. The options seem that they could have a few more things added to make it really nice. There is no puff counter for folks that would like to have one. The Vape timer counts full seconds, but goes away before you have time to see it. It goes into sleep mode and shuts off on its own (no setting to change) and a few other small things. I think that AnyVape wanted to get this out ASAP so they didn't include the manual (it probably hasn't been translated yet), But I was able to figure everything out in a matter of 10 minutes.

Over all this is an awesome device and seems very solid, I may purchase one for myself when they get another batch in.

Here are the menu functions that WORLDofVAPE - Best Vape - Best Price wrote up.

Instruction:
This MOD is so new that it does not have yet a translated instruction manual - below is a quick set of instructions on how to use it

How to use the button to access the fetures:

"Button Click" Summary:

5 Clicks to turn it on and off
3 Clikcs to enter the menu and to exit the menu
2 Clicks to enter the Quick Setting Mod
Press and hold to Vape

When in the menu:

1 Click to select the next value
2 Clicks to select a value (enter sub menu)
3 Clicks to exit menu

When on:

Press and hold button to vape
2 Clicks to enter or exit the quick setting feature to change the voltage or wattage

When in Quick Setting: (the voltage or wattage indicator background is highlighted)

1 Click to set the next value (e.g.: from 3.4V to 3.5V)
Hold button to quickly cycle through the values (from 3W to 18W and back to 3W or from 3V to 6V and back to 3V)
2 Clicks to exit the quick setting feature

Menu Description:

Sleep: put the device to sleep - wakes up when clicked
Power Off: shuts the device down - can be turned back on again by clicking 5 times.
Model Set
VV Model: Sets the Variable Voltage mod - the home screen will display the voltage output
VW Model: Sets the Variable Wattage mod - the home screen will display the watttage output
MOD: Sets the unregulated mod (mechanical mod) - the home screen will display the current battery voltage
Screen
15 sec: the screen will stay on 15 sec after using the device
30 sec: the screen will stay on 30 sec after using the device
3 mn: the screen can stay on for up to 3 mn after using the device
Atomizer Resistance: checks & display the atomizer resistance
Battery Info: checks and display both the current battery voltage as well as the current charge % of the battery (e.g.: 3.6V & 35%)
Device SN: Display the device Serial Number
Discharging: Enters the Power Bank Mod (discharge the battery to recharge an iPhone for example)

Features:

Beautiful LCD screen to operate the device - very similar to the eVic screen. No more 1980's LED screen like so many other devices.
The screen elegantly displays the resistance of the atomizer - the battery charge and either the voltage or wattage currently selected.
Regulated mod of operation (Variable Voltage & Variable Wattage) for the best vaping experience with any eLiquid/atomizer combination.
Variable voltage from 3 to 6 volts.
Variable Wattage from 3 to 18 watts!
Unregulated mod of operation (mechanical) when used with low resistance atomizers.
Visual Operating System (We have no indication yet that the OS will be upgradable using a computer - we are waiting for confirmation).
No usage data synchronization like the eVic (this is a good thing - the monitoring was a bit of a gimmick which folks did not use after the novelty effect was passed).
Safety: Output Short Circuit Protection - Output Open Circuit Protection - Overtime Working Protection - Low Voltage Protection - Device Temperature Monitoring.
Threading: 510 and eGo compatible
Its power bank function allows you to charge your iPhone, iPad, Android OS device, Smart phones, etc. When charging a phone the AnyMOD cannot be used to vape at the same time.
The single button interface is very easy to operate: 1 click to select the next value (hold the button to quickly scroll through values) - 2 clicks to select the value - 3 clicks to get in and out of the menu.
When on - simply double click to change the voltage or the wattage - no need to get into the menu for that! Very smartly done.

Last edited:

nukeum

Feb 4, 2014
Arizona, USA
On your update, I noticed that as well, i was putting in an aw regulated battery into it and it would not start up, even putting battery in from the top, i had to put the original battery in and charge for 5 minutes before it would even turn on, so I am not sure if this is an issue with the device or not, I am going to try putting a High drain battery (Sony vtc4) in te mod tonight and see if it will fire up, because I wouldn't want to go into quasi mech mode without a battery i trust.

JuicyPoots

Jan 17, 2014
Florida
Yeah, the wife went back to the original and a Samsung 2600mah abd has no issues now.

I will say that I like the device so much that I ordered one for myself Monday and it should arrive today. Gotta love their 2 day shipping!

Now it's time to go pick up a kayfun lite and play around with the mech side of the device.

Have you tried out the mechanical side yet? If so, how does it perform?

JuicyPoots

Jan 17, 2014
Florida
Glad you like it Musa!

Been using mine more than my e-vic. I will say that on the battery issue, if you put the battery in half way, then ensure that you place the bottom cap on the battery as it goes in, it seems to work just fine. Must be something to do with the unit wanting to see the negative side prior to making the connection with the board. Experimented with this on mine, my wife's, and her monther's, they all work fine that way when changing the battery.

LNCHBX

May 11, 2011
Calgary
I picked one up the other day and from what I can tell its defective. It didn't seem to be changing the voltage to the coil although the screen said that it was. I vaped it from 3V to 6V on a few different coils and juice and it made no difference in the output. No difference in flavor or vapor and never burnt taste which made no sense to me so I decided to measure the output with a multimeter. I put a RDA on top so that I could put meter leads on the positive and negative posts and measure under load because the unit will not fire without an atomizer. I wrapped a 1.5 and then a 2.5 ohm coil and checked output at each voltage level and found no change in the output to the coils. Also From a bit more research I've done I found out from a few others that have tried any time a coil under 1 ohm is put on it it gives a no atomizer error on the screen. (I also tried this with the same results) So at this time is not useable for sub ohm vaping so it doesn't live up to the all in one unit it claims to be. Which means that the mod setting is fairly useless unless you vape from 1 to 1.8 ohms unregulated. anything over the 1.8 ohms is supposed to be able to be used in the regulated menu but I have read a few reviews from people who say that they were able to vape below that 1.8 in the regulated setting and still have it work. So it appears there are still a few bugs to work out

JuicyPoots

Jan 17, 2014
Florida
I picked one up the other day and from what I can tell its defective. It didn't seem to be changing the voltage to the coil although the screen said that it was. I vaped it from 3V to 6V on a few different coils and juice and it made no difference in the output. No difference in flavor or vapor and never burnt taste which made no sense to me so I decided to measure the output with a multimeter. I put a RDA on top so that I could put meter leads on the positive and negative posts and measure under load because the unit will not fire without an atomizer. I wrapped a 1.5 and then a 2.5 ohm coil and checked output at each voltage level and found no change in the output to the coils. Also From a bit more research I've done I found out from a few others that have tried any time a coil under 1 ohm is put on it it gives a no atomizer error on the screen. (I also tried this with the same results) So at this time is not useable for sub ohm vaping so it doesn't live up to the all in one unit it claims to be. Which means that the mod setting is fairly useless unless you vape from 1 to 1.8 ohms unregulated. anything over the 1.8 ohms is supposed to be able to be used in the regulated menu but I have read a few reviews from people who say that they were able to vape below that 1.8 in the regulated setting and still have it work. So it appears there are still a few bugs to work out

If the coil is lower than 1.6, it should go into MOD mode which is 3.6 volts. While you can enter the voltage change (double click) it's still only 3.6 volts after you exit.

I vape 1.6's on VV with zero issues and I do notice the change in voltage.

If you put that 1.5 ohm coil on and place the MOD back into VV or VW, will it still not change the output? If that is the case, you may have been in MOD (mechanical) mode. If that is not the case, give them a call and I'm sure they'll replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread