Are all natural organic fruit flavors as unsweet as Virgin Vapor's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

veganvap

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
usa
I've been vaping PG from a flee market that was likely expired, left in the sun, and not natural or organic. It doesn't say a brand and was $25 total for ten 30ml bottles all different kinds like vanilla, coconut, apple, coffee, cherry, etc. They're sweet and I assume they have a lot of artificial sweetner. I just got some all natural, organic, %100VG coconut banana, star Jasmine, Kona coffe shake, plum, and marshmellow from Virgin Vapor. They havn't steeped yet, but I don't think it matters that much. I shook them well, I tried all different ohm Kanger MT3 coils and volts with a Vison spinner, and they all have almost no sweetness and also very little flavor, taste like vaping base and I don't like any of these flavors, taste like chemicals. I guess almost no sugars are extracted when getting all natural flavoring.
I'm likely ordering for now on from ECB's organic natural line because it's about half the price of all/most vedonrs with all natural organic vegan juice, so I'm hoping ECB's fruit flavors will be sweet and overall better tasting.?

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Do yourself a big favor and let them steep. Keep the bottle tops off to let them breathe over night (to evaporate any alcohol in the base) and then recap them all. Try them again in a few days and I think you'll be surprised.

Big fan of Annette's flavors here. If you got your order made with her typical all-vg mixes, know that it takes any juice made with vg more time to settle out.

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
No they all taste differently. She uses organic flavorings others use other flavorings---there is bunches of flavorings and tastes out there. Please don't give up yet on one vendor's juice as hers do require steeping-- a week would be better.

You might just need a tobacco vape to make it harder for you to say I'd rather just smoke. Your cig doesn't taste good thats for sure but you have to be committed to giving this a real try or not.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've had the lids off for half a day, will let them steep a few days and vape the flee market stuff for now. Might hot water speed-steep too.
I'd like to just add raw (rock salt size) organic pure cane sugar to the juice but read it will carmalize and kill the coil. It's not just the lack of sweetness, they taste like chemicals.

Is this what all high-grade juice taste like or is it just VV? If so, I don't think I can do this and would rather vape grape juice with nicotine or something.

Many of the custom mixed e-liquids require steep time for the mix to "settle", for lack of a better term. Perhaps an anology is in order here. A nice home-made pot of chili, or beef stew, will taste good on the first day. But wouldn't you agree that the flavor and consistancy of the food is much better over the course of time, if all the individual ingredients are allowed to steep together? This is one of the reasons why the food that was cooked in a crock pot or roaster oven has a more flavorful taste.

Vegetable glycerin is thicker than propylene glycol, so it takes longer for flavors to congeal in it. It's been my experience that e-liquids that use natural and organic flavoring require steeping. It's my opinion that the end result is worth the wait.

If after a few days you try the Virgin Vapors flavors again and you don't taste a significant difference, then lesson learned. Perhaps you will need to find a vendor that uses PG based e-liquid that might be more to your preference.

I have no idea how long you have been vaping and been smoke free. If new, your taste is off from years of smoking. Flavors will seem off or muted. Over time, your taste will improve, and what you liked before you may find later to taste blah, and vice versa.

Last edited:

CarbonThief

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
lids have been off for half a day so far befire steeping a few days. Might hot water speed-steep also.
Is this what all high or decent-grade juice taste like or is it just VV? If so, I don't think I can do this and would rather smoke cigarettes.

I've heard cigarettes are better for you anyway...

veganvap

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
usa
"You might just need a tobacco vape to make it harder for you to say I'd rather just smoke. Your cig doesn't taste good thats for sure but you have to be committed to giving this a real try or not."

Yeah, I was being a bit sarcastic in hopes for more feedback. Thanks everyone.

I'm just realizing that the problem's mostly that I was used to over-dripping with my other clearos before I first tried the Kanger MT3 + VV juice today. I was used to top coil CE2s in which I removed a stopper that keeps the juice from spilling out of the top and/or flooding the coil shaft because it was jamming the wick. I don't trust top coil wicks to not give a burning dry hit after the first couple of good hits when it's had time to soak. So I got in the habbit of shaking the PV between hits, which puts so much juice on the coil when the stopper's missing, that I'd get a bit in my mouth sometimes. Plus, the flee market juice probably has sweetner. I put the VV juice in the CE2, did the shake, and it tasted much better and sweeter, which is great for flavor but really unsafe and I'm not gonna do it anymore. I guess for now the best I can do is steep and/or add sweetner and/or menthol or maybe drip the right way.

It might flood down to the battery or remove the vacuum effect and not pull, but I might remove all the wicks from the MT3, leave just the coil, and see if I can find a sweet spot with the rubber stopper on the shaft that lets in just the right amount of juice so that it's always soaked and gives a great drip-like hit without getting juice in my mouth.

Last edited:

mariahpoo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oroville
I've been vaping PG from a flee market that was likely expired, left in the sun, and not natural or organic. It doesn't say a brand and was $25 total for ten 30ml bottles all different kinds like vanilla, coconut, apple, coffee, cherry, etc. They're sweet and I assume they have a lot of artificial sweetner. I just got some all natural, organic, %100VG coconut banana, star Jasmine, Kona coffe shake, plum, and marshmellow from Virgin Vapor. They havn't steeped yet, but I don't think it matters that much. I shook them well, I tried all different ohm Kanger MT3 coils and volts with a Vison spinner, and they all have almost no sweetness and also very little flavor, taste like vaping base and I don't like any of these flavors, taste like chemicals. I guess almost no sugars are extracted when getting all natural flavoring.
I'm likely ordering for now on from ECB's organic natural line because it's about half the price of all/most vedonrs with all natural organic vegan juice, so I'm hoping ECB's fruit flavors will be sweet and overall better tasting.?

I think that the natural organic juices do tend to be more subtle then others. And I have recommended many times (as it was to me) to add extra flavor to any natural organic juice. I always add extra flavor to vv and they are strong that way. But yes, her juices are true to whatever flavor you are ordering. So there is no sweetener added. But I am sure if you asked she would add sweetness. Which is what I am going to start doing with all juice I buy. I would rather my fruit be pie like. I want it sweet. But vv tends to be way more like biting into the actual fruit. Some many would love, just not my thing. I would love my juice both tart and sweet if I could get it. Which is why I love Grandma's apple pie by JV. It is just that. YUUUUUMY

veganvap

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
usa
^ check out ECB's %100VG natural organic line if you havn't.
ECBlend E-Liquid All Natural and Organic
all natural, organic, %100 VG (likely healthier, gives more vapor, read is sweeter than PG. Just not as much lung hit, but I don't notice a difference and might be one of those who don't do well with PG).
You can add menthol, extra flavor, and sweetner (not yet sure if vegan) for like a dollar. ECB's about 1/2 the price of VV. The organic VG line's vegan and all us-sourced too if you care, there's no tobacco flavor in that line though. The only natural, organic, all US-sourced, vegan tobacco I've found yet (working on now) is johnson creek (another brand I read should be steeped), but they're also twice the price of ECB.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread