Are Electronic Cigarettes really this bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherwood865

Feb 14, 2014
Knoxville, TN
It has become apparent that every news agency in the world is only out to grab headlines and do not care about truly educating the public. I saw one story on WebMD today that just blew my mind. In one sentence the author was talking about how those how have tried e-cigarettes have tried conventional cigarettes and in the next sentence she was saying how the study didn't show a direct cause and effect. Where are they getting these things they are publishing?

Here is the news article I just finished up for us: Unfounded reports being used to discourage electronic cigarette use - Knoxville Business | Examiner.com

Make sure to share this story and get it out there to as many people as you can so we can do our part to inform the misinformed public of what is going on in the news right now. As always, Thank You for taking the time to read and share the stories I publish for the vaping community!

Mossy

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2013
Sydney Australia
I have a plugin(or an app as Google call them) in Google Chrome called "Disconnect"...its free. Do yourself a favour and install it. This app will block all ad requests and allow you to read many articles on news sites without being hassled. By the way it's showing 64 requests from this site 12 ads 3 analytic requests and 47 content requests................all of which are blocked.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I have a plugin(or an app as Google call them) in Google Chrome called "Disconnect"...its free. Do yourself a favour and install it. This app will block all ad requests and allow you to read many articles on news sites without being hassled. By the way it's showing 64 requests from this site 12 ads 3 analytic requests and 47 content requests................all of which are blocked.

Well sherwood865 says
Make sure to share this story and get it out there to as many people as you can so we can do our part to inform the misinformed public of what is going on in the news right now. As always, Thank You for taking the time to read and share the stories I publish for the vaping community!

But has all this crap popping up, how is that helpful to the vaping community if people close the site before they read it? Not everyone has the blockers to stop it. JMHO

Care to reply to that sherwood865 ???

Vape On
Burnir
:vapor:

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I don't think sherwood865 has much control over this situation................it is his employer who owns the site. He is trying to do the right thing for vapers. Installing an ad and content blocker is a simple thing to do. In fact it is currently blocking a request for this site.

OK, MHO, Don't put the link or site up if surfers have to install extra software to look at it, NOT RIGHT, regardless of the content of the site, just not right. I am not going to install software just to look at what someone has to say, and it will turn OFF a lot of people might find it through google, which will HURT the vaping community. JMHO

Vape On
Burnie

sherwood865

Feb 14, 2014
Knoxville, TN
Well sherwood865 says

But has all this crap popping up, how is that helpful to the vaping community if people close the site before they read it? Not everyone has the blockers to stop it. JMHO

Care to reply to that sherwood865 ???

Vape On
Burnir

I can understand your frustration with the popups; however, this site is not owned by me and I have no control over it. This is Examiner's site and they have full control. It's the same on any news website you go to. I am only trying to help the Vaping Community with these articles and feel it is important to share not only my articles but all vaping related articles that are written. In the future I will only post the updates from my blog: Voice of Vapers which you can see has no advertising whatsoever as I have full control over it. Thank you for your concern.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Great article!! :toast:

AdblockPlus, Ghostry, and DoNotTrackMe are all available for Chrome, and IMHO necessary these days for browsing the web. NoScript is also nice to have for untrusted sites.

These Add-Ons are very handy for most websites, government websites in particular that you might do research on.

I use multiple browsers with each setup with various levels of security on each, so trusted sites can operate normally, yet the "bad guys" don't stand a chance. Anything not benign not blocked sufficiently by these programs are blocked on my firewall before they ever get near my browsers.

Welcome to the modern internet.....:(

sherwood865

Feb 14, 2014
Knoxville, TN
Great article!! :toast:

AdblockPlus, Ghostry, and DoNotTrackMe are all available for Chrome, and IMHO necessary these days for browsing the web. NoScript is also nice to have for untrusted sites.

These Add-Ons are very handy for most websites, government websites in particular that you might do research on.

I use multiple browsers with each setup with various levels of security on each, so trusted sites can operate normally, yet the "bad guys" don't stand a chance. Anything not benign not blocked sufficiently by these programs are blocked on my firewall before they ever get near my browsers.

Welcome to the modern internet.....:(

Thank you!

I wish we did not live in a world where you have to install a ton of different software just to surf the web; however, as you stated, this is the modern internet and almost every site has some type of ads to show you or some type of pop-up that you just gotta see before they can show you the content. I don't like it anymore than anyone else. You should see the number of pop ups and ads I have to get through just to be able to publish a story. It's ridiculous!

Again, I apologize to everyone that Examiner has so many ads to get through.

sherwood865

Feb 14, 2014
Knoxville, TN
I don't have the time to mess with my browser like that. I like mess-free surfing. Too much going on in real life to deal with that. I love this community and have a passion to promote our cause but messing with downloads really feels like WORK right now.

I understand. I don't think I have 5 extra minutes in my schedule that I could use to install a plugin on my browser either :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread