Not open for further replies.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
My concern wouldn't be melting it. Would any of these things dissolve into the juice and get inhaled from there? All my Protanks have corroded. I dumped the juice out of concern for what may be in it. I don't use pro tanks anymore. Even the new Aerotank, although the tank is stainless, the base doesn't seem like stainless.

There are some chemicals that will "etch" lead, but you'd have to actually consume the resulting solution to get lead into your body.

As a metal worker, I for one will NOT use brass, copper, or anything but Stainless Steel, even in "minor parts". Think I'm paranoid.... ask yourselves this, Why are all surgical tools made of Stainless Steel? Why have copper pots and pans been all but removed from the market, and replaced with copper clad S.S. items?

As to the surgical tools, it's because they do not easily oxidize, the surface can be easily polished (so no "crud" gets stuck in scratches and pits) and they can be autoclaved or subjected to chemical sterilization without harming the surface.

For the copper cookware, it's because we're lazy and don't like polishing copper.

Last edited:

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Just because something is advertised as stainless, doesn't mean it really is, or that is doesn't have unwanted fillers in it. Lead cups and leaded glass are no longer considered safe; I certainly wouldn't want to vape out of something which may contain lead. Heat isn't the issue; contact with liquid is.

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
As far as I'm concerned this is a simple decision. Acidic water (RO water) will leach copper from the pipes. I suspect an acidic juice will do the same. Inhaling copper is not good for you, why take that risk just for aesthetics.

But but... Vdrop? Clouds?!

Call me paranoid. I wouldn't feel comfortable having my sweaty palms attached to some unknown brass alloy / copper mixture mod 24/7. Not saying that's a well-informed, rational choice. It simply gives me peace of mind and keeps my hands from smelling metallic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread