are V4L KR808d's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
I recently bought an eGo and happy with it. But as many vaping people know it can be somewhat of a hobby... lol and i may eventually try out other types out of curiosity.

Vapor4Life seems to be rather popular (my guess is because of the 2 piece convenience rather than the experience - but not sure).

Are their products all KR808D-1's? Their site never says what they actually are. I am sure this is because they would rather not have people shop other brands of the same thing. Or is their product proprietary in some way?

My review of the eGO that I just received 2 days ago is here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...comparison-vs-store-e-cigs-newbie-advice.html

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
Ok cool. Another question. Are the KR808D-1's very limited in the time of draw, similar to the SafeCigs I originally bought? That was my biggest issue with them - by far. You could not get the length of draw needed to satisfy - with me anyhow.

From what i have read, the KR808 has an issue with burned cartos. I am not sure if that issue has ever been resolved or not. If they have a 4 second limit of draw i would likely have no interest in that type....

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
The cut-off on the newer batteries for the Kr808D-1 (they should all be new ones now - the transition was happening when I started vaping a few months ago) is about 10 seconds. And there is no "shut-off" period. You can just hit the button again right away.

All cartos have the risk of burning if they get dry. So, don't vape them dry. Although I do notice with cloudy, dark juices, sometimes they burn anyway after a few refills. Dark juices in general tend to eat both atties and cartos faster.

The new CE2's are getting pretty close to where they need to be for an average vaper to use them. A pain to refill, but no burning.

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
I may buy a KR808 to try them out. I am reading a bit and apparently there are "advanced" cartos for them that provide a better flavor.

As far as Kr808D-2's - I believe they are actually E-9's. From what i can tell the "mall" ecigs are almost all E-9's. This would include GreenSmoke and the SafeCig and it appears that the Blu is an E-8.

Looking at my SafeCig carto and comparing it to the EGO ones - the hole is much smaller on the SafeCig. I am not sure if this is what makes the 510 cartos have a much lower resistance, but seems likely.

The only issue I have with the EGO is flavor. It has a TON of smoke but i think somehow some flavor gets "lost" because of the amount of vapor - if that makes sense. I actually filled one of my SafeCig cartos with juice and it tastes really good. The issue is you cannot draw on it enough to be satisfying and it needs a bit more vapor.

Last edited:

emberl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2009
florida
I'm pretty sure you can buy an adaptor for your eGo and then use a KR808 cartomizer.
It's a cheaper way to see if you like to use a cartomizer.

I recently bought an eGo and happy with it. But as many vaping people know it can be somewhat of a hobby... lol and i may eventually try out other types out of curiosity.

Vapor4Life seems to be rather popular (my guess is because of the 2 piece convenience rather than the experience - but not sure).

Are their products all KR808D-1's? Their site never says what they actually are. I am sure this is because they would rather not have people shop other brands of the same thing. Or is their product proprietary in some way?

My review of the eGO that I just received 2 days ago is here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...comparison-vs-store-e-cigs-newbie-advice.html

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
I THINK (but double check my facts please) that the KR808D-1 is the better one and the KR808D-2 is the baby not-as-good one.

KR808d-2 are the same thing as an E9. Just a newer, mostely proprietary style. Usually over priced, and tough to get parts for. There are a couple of E9 suppliers giving a 50% discount when you trade in old batts, which makes them a reasonable deal. I believe the E9 cartos are considered an upgrade to the KR8, but limited in supply. I'll know more when I get one. lol

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
...The new CE2's are getting pretty close to where they need to be for an average vaper to use them. A pain to refill, but no burning.
I just started using the CE2's (as part of a Royal Smoker RS808D-1 kit from Vapor Junction). Fantastic vapor, but the prefilled tobacco flavor is terrible (IMO). I'm having a devil of a time finding those teeny tiny holes inside the carto, into which to inject e-liquid. [Yes, I did remove that interior translucent cap.] The syringe tip (part of the CE2 Refill Kit that VJ sells) doesn't quite fit in what appears to be one of two holes, but I was able to inject some decent-tasting juice. Indeed, a pain in the ...! [Doggsbody's Carto Cap (aka "condom") refill technique doesn't work with these CE2s. Right?]

Any suggestions?

Nevermind. I am reading about it on VapingGuides and the guy says some have a 5 second and some 10.
That "5 second" and "10 second" were ballpark averages, applicable primarily to automatic batteries.

Don (aka "the guy":D)

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Don -- by chance does dripping into the bottom (battery) hole work for refill? That's what I do with the Greenworld/Greencig G400 high capacity KR808D-1 cartos. The G400s have a large battery hole, I keep filling until something comes out the mouthpiece end, then blow through to clear the channel and wipe the contacts.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Don -- by chance does dripping into the bottom (battery) hole work for refill? That's what I do with the Greenworld/Greencig G400 high capacity KR808D-1 cartos. The G400s have a large battery hole, I keep filling until something comes out the mouthpiece end, then blow through to clear the channel and wipe the contacts.
I don't know, Mark. I doubt it. The carto cap technique hasn't been working for me with the one that I've been toying with. Carto cap is just a rapid, forced fill into the battery end.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
I don't know, Mark. I doubt it. The carto cap technique hasn't been working for me with the one that I've been toying with. Carto cap is just a rapid, forced fill into the battery end.

If you don't mind an alternate suggestion, I am using SmokeStik RN4081 cartos right now on a auto V4L PT(no cutoff BTW). They wrok fantastic, but they are a little pricey. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/smokestik/126895-a-2.html#post1982446 Well worth it IMO. They can be vapped dry w/out burning. Using them with a $1 adapter from GoodProphets.com. And they are very easy to fill by popping of the mouthpiece, then just replace the mouthpiece w/ a modified DSE901 cart. Easily the best taste from cartos that I have had. The CE2s just seem like alot more trouble then they are worth. ecf 20% discount http://www.smokestikusa.com/ecf/

curiousJan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
Central IL
Ok cool. Another question. Are the KR808D-1's very limited in the time of draw, similar to the SafeCigs I originally bought? That was my biggest issue with them - by far. You could not get the length of draw needed to satisfy - with me anyhow.

From what i have read, the KR808 has an issue with burned cartos. I am not sure if that issue has ever been resolved or not. If they have a 4 second limit of draw i would likely have no interest in that type....

The new V4L batteries have a 13 second cutoff, I believe.

Jan

MsOceanCity

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2009
New Jersey
I recomend avoiding the new V4L batts, unless you are getting a manual. The new V4L autos are sound activated. Kinda pricey too. Here is a really good deal, and they are vacuum activated: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...7-vapor-leaf-kings-kr808d-1-sale-26-96-a.html

NONE of V4L's batteries are sound activated! I own at least 1 of every kind they offer and been using them for well over a year, getting new ones everytime they come out with a different color or upgrade of some kind. Had some that were definately sound activated from Absolutelyecigs and couldn'teven listen to my car radio, on low volume without them going off, then cutting off for 5 min! With V4L's, doesn't matter if I turn volume up to max, there's no interference. Also, cost is $17.50 and under.

Tim the Enchanter

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
Kettering, OH (Dayton suburb)
I just started using the CE2's (as part of a Royal Smoker RS808D-1 kit from Vapor Junction). Fantastic vapor, but the prefilled tobacco flavor is terrible (IMO). I'm having a devil of a time finding those teeny tiny holes inside the carto, into which to inject e-liquid. [Yes, I did remove that interior translucent cap.] The syringe tip (part of the CE2 Refill Kit that VJ sells) doesn't quite fit in what appears to be one of two holes, but I was able to inject some decent-tasting juice. Indeed, a pain in the ...! [Doggsbody's Carto Cap (aka "condom") refill technique doesn't work with these CE2s. Right?]

Any suggestions?

That "5 second" and "10 second" were ballpark averages, applicable primarily to automatic batteries.

Don (aka "the guy":D)

:2c:

Don,

Just confirming everything you wrote as being my experience, also. i.e.:

• Prefilled tobacco was terrible as far as I'm concerned, too. I only smoked one dry, and cleaned out the rest to be refilled with something better tasting.

• I tried the condom cap refill technique with these CE2's. Juice just came out the puffing end fast and I had a mess. I'm a n00b with less than a couple weeks experience, so maybe I did something wrong.

• True, the holes are VERY hard to locate. The soft-needle syringe tips that came with the RS808D-1 syringe kit do fit, once I truly find the hole. The soft needles bend so easily if you miss it. A hard needle I have on a syringe works much better. In my opinion, an 18ga, hard, blunt needle is much too big for this job. More closer to 28ga or something is what works -- I'm not sure what my hard needle actually is.

Also, there is a cutoff on these RS808D-1 manuals if you hold the button down long enough. It seems to be ~7 seconds. Not really a problem for me and I seldom draw long enough to activate the cutoff. If I do, it is usually because I double-draw or triple-draw while leaving the button held down. Once the cut off happens, there is a waiting period of a few seconds where you cannot activate the PV again.

The CE2 cartos from the RS808D-1 kit from Vapor Junction are working fine on standard KR808D-1, automatic batteries I have. IOW, the RS and KR stuff seems to be totally compatible.

Therefore, at least from a n00bs standpoint, I'm pretty happy with the RS808D-1 starter kit from Vapor Junction, and also very happy with the CE2 cartos. I did buy some standard KR808D-1 cartos to compare things. FWIW, I like them too. They are easier to refill, and also to know when you are near having enough juice in them. Of course, the standard KR cartos will probably be much more difficult to clean since they have the filler. I believe the CE2's produce a bit more vapor and may last a bit longer.

Very n00bish opinions are expressed here from me, so readers should take them with a grain of salt.

:unsure:

Tim

tarheeldan

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
Dover, NH
:2c:
• I tried the condom cap refill technique with these CE2's. Juice just came out the puffing end fast and I had a mess. I'm a n00b with less than a couple weeks experience, so maybe I did something wrong.

• True, the holes are VERY hard to locate. The soft-needle syringe tips that came with the RS808D-1 syringe kit do fit, once I truly find the hole. The soft needles bend so easily if you miss it. A hard needle I have on a syringe works much better. In my opinion, an 18ga, hard, blunt needle is much too big for this job. More closer to 28ga or something is what works -- I'm not sure what my hard needle actually is.

:) The condom fill method doesn't work on CE2's because if you push juice through the threaded end, it just comes out the center of the filler ring and out the carto and doesn't go into the juice reservoir around the cup. Same thing the other direction from the mouth end (top).

When you fill via the fill holes, it gets there - but I agree that the soft tip is a PITA. With an eyeglass screwdriver or a sturdier paper clip, it is not hard to pull out the filler ring and just drip juice down the sides. Once you get your first filler ring out, you can see how they fit around the cup and therefore it's much easier to pull it out the next time.

TheBuss:

[Edited now that I read your eGo review] There are a few different cartos to try with your eGo: a) regular polyfill (Boge, SLB) b) Genuine Joye cartos (fill with syringe) and, as above, c) E2 cartos. You could also get a 510-->808 adapter to use 808 cartos...but it's true the batt voltage would still be lower than with an 808 batt.

Happy vaping!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread