Aspire New BVC coils wtf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellaulait

Oct 5, 2015
Been vaping on a Kanger mini Protank 2 and Vision spinner 1300mah set up for 7 months.
Used the Organic cotton coils rather than the silica ones.
(bit of background)
I recently lost the rubbers rings on my protank down the sink and broke the glass on my other tank.
Was getting a bit sick of the lack of longevity on these coils and the cost $$$, was rewicking and looking to step up and get an ohms reader and coil building kit but the expense held me back.
Was wary of Aspire due to the concerns about the ceramic fibers in their coils.
Then I had been reading that Aspire had switched to all cotton and these new coils were much better and had good longevity. local store had the Aspire K1, I thought, 'Ok great this may solve my problems!'.
I found the vape on this set up (k1 with new bvc coils) to be incredibly harsh in comparison to my usual mini protank with organic cotton coils.
I changed the heads, tried doing all the tricks to make sure i wasn't getting the set up wrong, everything is right in terms of temp, volts, priming, technique etc. same resistance coils 1.8.
Next day I have a sore throat and cough. I can't believe how different the vape is on this !!
I have been doing lots of reading on these new coils and am yet to find a definitive answer on whether these are 100% cotton or if they still have the 'unknown' ceramic fibre in them as well as the cotton.
Anyone else have any similar experiences with these new BVC coils?
I wish i had of stayed clear of aspire.

DavidAmonettNashville

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Nashville,Tn
Aspire bvc. Coils are all organic cotton iirc. I've never used the smaller aspire coils but have used lots of aspire nautilus bvc. Coils and Always found them to be very good. Like I said the smaller aspire coils may not vape as well as the naughty coils. Sorry you're having trouble and please don't give up. Bests- David

bellaulait

Oct 5, 2015
Hi Everyone!
Thanks for your input :)
Kanger socc coils seem like vaping silk in comparison.
Maybe i will lower my nic and see how that goes, maybe that was the problem.
Interesting that these are meant to be 100% cotton.
I read that Aspire was using cotton wicks with the ceramic fiber cloth wrapped over them...It would explain how these coils are meant to last so long in comparison though to straight cotton wicks.
But I hope this is not true and they are 100% cotton wicks.
Thanks again All for your ideas and experiences, Much Appreciated!!

Reactions: celticluvr

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
I read that Aspire was using cotton wicks with the ceramic fiber cloth wrapped over them...It would explain how these coils are meant to last so long in comparison though to straight cotton wicks.
But I hope this is not true and they are 100% cotton wicks.
Thanks again All for your ideas and experiences, Much Appreciated!!

About a year ago Aspire replaced ceramic fiber with organic cotton in their BVC heads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread