BackWoods Brew AppleWood Review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandybeach40

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2010
Colorado
. First I would like to just say that I have been vaping for a few months now and have been analog free for 3 weeks plus. I have tried a crap ton of juices from several suppliers. Through this I have come to learn what the meaning of the phrase, "All Day Vape" is.

BackWoods Brew AppleWood is the first juice I have had out of many that I can officially call an all day vape. For me AppleWood is my analog Marlboro. Its my go to juice.

I have held off on doing this review for about 2 weeks now. I have been vaping this juice alot. I have been trying to use other juices but after 10 hours or so I have to go back to this AppleWood. After I put the AppleWood back into my Ego i actually let out a sigh of relief. I couldn't be more satisfied. Analogers know that feeling of finally having a good smoke as compared to a terrible smoke or a mediocre smoke.

The flavor is applewood and its original. Your probably not going to find this same flavor anywhere else. Its the type of juice you can tell someone worked at hard to get it just right, Its refined to the point of perfection. It has a light tobacco flavor with a hint of applewood. I got the 24 Mg Nic and it hits you in the throat but after a few vapes the pain becomes satisfying and well appreciated. I need that kick to the throat. For throat hit im going to have to give this a Throat Hit Perfection rating

The craziest part of this whole experience for me is that I would have never found this juice if it wasn't for the people on this forum who told me about Don.

Its hard to describe such a excellent flavor.Its as much an experience as it is a flavor. When I first got the juice the flavor was very subtle. It needs to sit for a week for the flavors to come out. This aging process that takes this juice to the power of 10 is a great testament to the amount of work he puts into the quality of the juice. To know that one more drop of this or that in 7 days will tarnish perfection is absolutely amazing. My first reaction to the mild flavor was that the juice needs more flavor. I wished that Don had added more flavor. Now 2 weeks have passed and I'm down to a quarter of a bottle and the flavor is spot on and amazing. Had Don have added more flavor to this juice it would not be the perfect flavor that it is.

3 Drops into my drip tip vapes so long and when its out I don't get a burnt taste. Vapor production is also very good. Some juice have a problem with vapor consistency. This juice puts off the same amount of vapor every time you hit it. Clouds of Vapor on my Ego so for vapor production I'm giving it a cloud of vapor rating.

Yes I would say there is a tobacco flavor in this juice. I would say the tobacco flavor is mild to light. Its a tobacco flavor I wish they had in analogs. Its crisp, clean and Fresh. Im not left with any after taste in my mouth after a vape the only thing I am left with is the craving for more. Some juice's I have had, have left my tounge feeling overly saturated with some spice and oil. This juice leaves my tounge feeling fresh and clean.

You may wonder is it a candy flavor? Its not a candy flavor at all. Its a well refined matured apple flavor that would not appeal to children at all. Imagine you was cooking at low heat tobacco on a piece of cedar wood that had soaked in a top shelf worlds finest apple cider for 20 years. Now imagine that tobacco has been blended with some fine tobacco on a smaller scale. The apple flavor is not up in your face at all. I would say its the flavor of a green apple but not a bitter green and its the taste of a real apple nowhere near candy. After you vape it for a while you will notice the apple more but that is the beauty of this juice. Its a subtlety that you grow with and appreciate more and more. Now imagine the taste of apple wood. This juice could be sold at every gas station in America and would quickly become a national love like Marlboro.

Imagine how emerald lagasse could change the flavor of a apple to a better apple. Imagine Apples were the ingredient on IRON CHEF. Imagine what Bobby Flay would come up with. This juice is Iron Chef juice.

.:banana::banana:

SCORE FROM 1 To 10
A delicious apple concoction created by Emerald Lugosi as 10 compared to a Fast Food Apple dish 1
This is an Iron Chef Dish.

I know I sound like some sort of freaking Sham WOW commercial here but I'm just trying to describe the quality and flavor here.

Last edited:

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
I'm puffing on Applewood right now......ahhhhhhh, so good and so satisfying. In another hour or so, I'll pick up another BWB fave and carry on. Don's brews can't be beat.

I received some mis-labeled DeKang liquid one time. It was supposed to be "Kent" and ended up being green apple. I was so repulsed by it that I didn't even go near a REAL apple for months. When BWB announced "Applewood" I took a pass not wanting to re-live that nightmare. That is, until Ladycats raved about it. I ordered a bottle from BWB and it is one of the few times that I ever vaped a bottle of liquid from start to finish. Don has this innate sense of how to flavor without over-flavoring. Applewood, Maple Tobacco, Hunter's Blend have all made their way into all-day/everyday vapes for me along with Malty, Espresso and Honey Cured to name just a few. There's a Cappuccino, RY4 and Hickory smoked that I haven't even been able to break open yet because the Applewood is so damn good.

Man, how much did smoking suck? LOL

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
I received some mis-labeled DeKang liquid one time. It was supposed to be "Kent" and ended up being green apple. I was so repulsed by it that I didn't even go near a REAL apple for months. When BWB announced "Applewood" I took a pass not wanting to re-live that nightmare. That is, until Ladycats raved about it. I ordered a bottle from BWB and it is one of the few times that I ever vaped a bottle of liquid from start to finish. Don has this innate sense of how to flavor without over-flavoring. Applewood, Maple Tobacco, Hunter's Blend have all made their way into all-day/everyday vapes for me along with Malty, Espresso and Honey Cured to name just a few. There's a Cappuccino, RY4 and Hickory smoked that I haven't even been able to break open yet because the Applewood is so damn good.

Man, how much did smoking suck? LOL

I see you have acquired several BWB goodies. My desk is covered up with Don's bottles. I can never pick just one flavor to use all day because I love them all so much. I keep 3 PVs going all the time with different BWB flavors and end up switching them to 3 other BWB before the day is over. They're all just so darned good! The mailman should be bringing my new order tomorrow, which includes two new ones, Peach and Ejoker blend and I can hardly wait. I wish I had ordered earlier in the week so I could have celebrated the holiday with a new taste sensation but I know they'll be worth the wait.

lmrasch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Oregon
I see you have acquired several BWB goodies. My desk is covered up with Don's bottles. I can never pick just one flavor to use all day because I love them all so much. I keep 3 PVs going all the time with different BWB flavors and end up switching them to 3 other BWB before the day is over. They're all just so darned good! The mailman should be bringing my new order tomorrow, which includes two new ones, Peach and Ejoker blend and I can hardly wait. I wish I had ordered earlier in the week so I could have celebrated the holiday with a new taste sensation but I know they'll be worth the wait.

Oh, I can't wait to hear what you think of the Peach and Ejoker blends, I haven't tried either. I just put in a huge order day before yesterday and completely forgot about both of those, lol!

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
BWB does not make a juice that tastes like candy...
(I don't think Don would mind me saying that...)

Fruit, BW Blast... coffees... but I just can't see don making baked alaska e-juice... or strawberry cream chocolate coffered coffee banana gumdrops e-juice.

there are folks who specialize in that - BWB specializes in Tobacco and more mature tastes - the fruit tastes like fruit... not candy

Last edited:

IndieVisible

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
USA
www.vaporjunkies.com
Not in the least...it is has a crisp, clean taste to it...like biting into a really good Golden Delicious apple that has a smokey tobacco flavor, not too sweet at all....it is out of this world DELICIOUS!

So there is tobacco flavor in it then? Well fruity taste is still candy taste in juices, that sweet taste which grows old fast for me. So that's what i mean by candy juice. It's mostly artificial flavoring any way right? I realize so are the tobacco flavors, but they are not as sweet.

I tried red bull, man it tasted great! Even after an hour of vaping it I was thinking of buying a quart of it lol. Then after another hour I got sick of vaping it. It was NOT a all day vape juice despite tasting great at first. It began to be too sweet. This is just me. I vape to substitute my analog habit not my sweet tooth :)

Some of these sweet juices are nice for spacers but personally have not had one I could vape all day long. So hope no one took offense. I love apples, but I couldn't eat them all day. I was just wondering how sweet it was.

Last edited:

Sandybeach40

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2010
Colorado
Is this another candy tasting juice?

No not candy at all, You cant compare this to any candy flavor you have had because its not a candy flavor at all.

I was like you and never thought I could vape a fruit juice flavor. I was only going to order Dons Flue Cured but since it was so cheap and so many people recommend the AppleWood I grabbed it to.

I have had those sweet nasty candy juices and that is why I was a skeptic. Plus I had vaped myself sick like you off other vendors sweet juices.

I never thought that I could be vaping all day Apple but its so much more than apple. To be perfectly honest I couldn't even really taste the apple in it for a week. I could pick up the scent faintly but as for tasting it not really. But slowly it seeped in somehow and blew me away. Its more like a flavor that leached in from a root as if your making a great sauce with root.

Last edited:

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
Don's brews are like fine wine. They keep you coming back for more. Non of his flavors, that I've tried anyway, would be classified as candy flavors. They're clean and have just enough sweetness to be classified as smooth and not leave your mouth feeling dry. Applewood is not like a green apple flavor. It's more like an autumn apple with his woodsy tobacco blended in. The throat hit is great and it produces plumes of vapor. I'm with Lasttango, I can't picture Don concocting something of a Sonic sundae variety. His flavors are crisp and true and the liquid is not cloudy and has very little color, even darker ones are clear if that makes sense. You can just taste the cleanness and purity.

Pheisty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
I just ordered from Don (OMG, what a sweet and patient man! I'm such a PITA! LOL), and this is what I wound up with:

Backwoods Espresso
Backwoods Honey Flue Nut
Backwoods Virginia
Backwoods Hunters Blend

I'm so excited! These will be my first tobacco flavors. I've been vaping strictly coffees/vanillas/desserts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread