Bad REO Morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamboo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Northern California
I don't know what happened between last night and this morning but i got up went to take my morning vape and my switch to my reo mini was stuck. :ohmy::ohmy: Stuck like stuck on and stuck down. :( I don't know how this could happen. I took the battery out, juice out, everything out! Trying not to panic, I cleaned everything, it came back up so I loaded everything back in and it got stuck again as soon as i pushed it down it stayed down. after passing a while I grabbed my back up. Safe cig yuck! I dabbed some nolax on top of the battery and also where you push the button hoping that will help. Put the battery back in and it came back on. The atty got very very hot. I then took the battery back out and proceeded to post here. I am beginning to think my lil Reo is a bit tempermental. Maybe because I haven't gave her a name yet? :facepalm: I don't know about the on and off switch being stuck like that or how to fix it. Any suggestions?

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Try not to screw your Attys on to tight, with any mod for that matter, if you push in the center pin of the Atty it will short the Atty out and fry the switch on your Mini, melt the bottom where it makes contact to the other metal part that hits the battery, (check that) if it has a melt mark or is deformed a bit you need a knew switch. Also it is best to turn the top button to the off position when not i use so you never fry and Atty and or short your switch or melt your spring.

Also put a dab of that nolax on the bottom where the metal part makes battery contact

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
My lolly ( silver mini ) has been doing that...but i honestly think it was the battery...i sometimes use other protected batteries on her. She seems to be working fine now....So please change that battery out to another and see how it goes if you try it again. Also, if that doesnt work, you may need to send her back in for robert to adjust the firing pin.

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
Make sure the button is turned all the way to the left - if it is partially to the right, it can hang up. Does the button move freely when you have the battery out? If not, maybe it just needs a good cleaning. I had to do that on one of mine a while back - my button got stuck after months of pocket lint, etc. got jammed in there.

Bamboo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Northern California
Thank you very much mlinky. I think am gonna go ahead and get the GO-GO. I think it might get here faster. I ordered one for a elderly friend of mine that one should be here today hopefully. I think cigeasy is out of California also. As for the safe cig. It maybe nasty but I will do what ever means necessary to not go to analogs. And if it gets to bad I will be here on ECF. Than k you all so much for your support.

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
Thank you very much mlinky. I think am gonna go ahead and get the GO-GO. I think it might get here faster. I ordered one for a elderly friend of mine that one should be here today hopefully. I think cigeasy is out of California also. As for the safe cig. It maybe nasty but I will do what ever means necessary to not go to analogs. And if it gets to bad I will be here on ECF. Than k you all so much for your support.

We're here for you {{{{hugs}}}} I'm glad the GoGo is already coming in...your friend should be able to wait a week. The good news is you won't be without it for long. I sent my Woodvil to Rob for a sex change, and he had it back in my hands a week after I dropped it in the mail to him.

Bamboo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Northern California
Just wanted to say hi all! Still doing good!! Analog free. I got the GO-GO for my eldery friend Donna. I will be delivering it to her in a few days if I can get it working properly. Mine should be here soon as well. I am missing my reo all ready. Soon she will be back tho :) I hope everyone is having a great day. :)

PattyR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2009
Sunshine State, USA
Hi Bamboo,

Sorry to hear about your mini. I see that mlinky has already offered to send you an eGO. She beat me to the punch :) Hang in there and if you are tempted to grab a ciggie, log in here and we'll give you moral support. We REOnauts are great about supporting one another :)

(((hugs)))

Just wanted to say hi all! Still doing good!! Analog free. I got the GO-GO for my eldery friend Donna. I will be delivering it to her in a few days if I can get it working properly. Mine should be here soon as well. I am missing my reo all ready. Soon she will be back tho :) I hope everyone is having a great day. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread