Battery Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

State Of Zen

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
Colorado
Hey All. I just ordered the innokin SVD mod, batteries and a charger. I then read on a website that using anything other than a AW IMR high drain battery could damage mods. I didn't know this when I ordered, and now am worried I wasted money on the wrong type of battery. The mod takes a 18650 battery, so this is what I ordered: https://www.fasttech.com/products/1233700 . Did I order the wrong one (because it doesn't specifically say "AW IMR high drain")? If so, I'll place another order for a battery that spefically says that, just hate to waste the ones I ordered is all. Thanks. :facepalm:

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
Depends on how many amps you are using. This battery has a discharge rate of 10 amps. That means you can go down to 0.42 ohms at 4.2 volts on your carto. I woildn't go down that far in ohms but you can according to the specs of the battery.

You can use this to find out how many amps you using.

Ohm's Law Calculator

VV_James

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Austin, TX
www.ValueVapor.com
Someone's just trying to sell batteries!

As long as you're not trying to push extra low resistance coils at high voltages, you'll be fine!

If you're using standard gear, and not rebuilding your own, the juice will start tasting burnt before the battery gets stressed enough to even trigger the onboard circuit protection in that SVD :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Hey All. I just ordered the Innokin SVD mod, batteries and a charger. I then read on a website that using anything other than a AW IMR high drain battery could damage mods. I didn't know this when I ordered, and now am worried I wasted money on the wrong type of battery. The mod takes a 18650 battery, so this is what I ordered: https://www.fasttech.com/products/1233700 . Did I order the wrong one (because it doesn't specifically say "AW IMR high drain")? If so, I'll place another order for a battery that spefically says that, just hate to waste the ones I ordered is all.
Ordinarily, you WOULD want a high drain IMR battery for a regulated device like the Innokin SVD. To create higher voltage, the SVD's processor uses a boost circuit, and would require a high drain type battery to accomplish this. Some protected NCR batteries can't easily provide the high burst of energy like a high drain IMR can, so either the battery's protective circuit or the regulated mod's protective circuit might cut in and refuse to fire the atomizer.

Those Panasonics are a new hybrid type of battery, part protected and part high drain, from what I understand. From what I have read they should work fine in the SVD. I wouldn't recommend them for sub ohm vaping, but you wouldn't be using the SVD for that anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread