Best Non Copper Clone Mech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sptz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hey,

I own a Hades Copper Clone and although I LOVE the looks of copper I sweat a bit from my hands as soon as Summer hits and I'm suffering from the typical green coloration from it's own oxidation, which is a bit annoying.

I was looking into getting, like a Nemesis Copper but because of this I might go into the SS route. What would be, in your opinion, the best 18650 non copper mod? By that, I mean, everything but mainly the contacts, the one that may potentially have very minimal voltage drop.

Thanks!

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
I own several non-copper clones, and I must say that the Panzer clone from fasttech is REALLY impressing me. Excellent build quality and minimal voltage drop...It's hard to imagine that the authentic can be much better TBH!!

20140518_155645.jpg

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
The P22, a semi-clone of the Poldiac, comes in a media blasted type grey color. Texture is rough which is why I call is media blasted type. And it has a top side button but that's about it which is why I say semi-clone. I own one and like it.

Available at a number of China sites, here's a FastTech link:
http:// www.fasttech.com/products/1411/10006472/1635902-ph22-mixed-mechanical-mod

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Sptz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well, if you ever seen jkuro's chart on voltage drop, the Brass and SS Nemesis clones by Hcigar are better than many originals! .013 on the brass, .07 on the Stainless steel. you can find both from Vaopr Royalty for under $30....hard to beat!

What chart is that btw? Does the brass oxidize in your hands? It's just so annoying having green hands :/ Although I LOVE the look of copper. I might have to buy a coating kit to coat this sucker to not patina again.

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
My body pH, or amount I sweat or whatever magic there is to it, is quite harsh to all kinds of metals. Can kill, corrode or tarnish practically anything. But the worst I've had happen with my brass mod is a bit of a smell developing on a day when it's been hot, humid and generally unpleasant. A quick wipe down with an alcohol (I use rubbing isopropyl) dampened paper towel kills the smell on my hands and the mod.

So I'd think unless you had the exact perfect body chemistry to harm brass you'd be fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

bluesbishop

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
What chart is that btw? Does the brass oxidize in your hands? It's just so annoying having green hands :/ Although I LOVE the look of copper. I might have to buy a coating kit to coat this sucker to not patina again.

I don't think I can post a link to another forum here...against the rules I think...But if you google jkuro chart....let me google that for you :p Let me google that for you

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
i believe the jkuro brass clone neme is a FT... or at least he's done a FT brass neme and its a monster. $17 shipped, you could just open a new one every time the threads get clogged lol...
I've got 2 real NB Neme's and a bunch of clones all brass for conductivity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread