Hcigar Black Copper Stingray fire button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sptz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I received my hcigar black copper stingray the other day and noticed a couple of things that wanted to ask fellow members that own one.

The fire button. First of all, mine twists back and forth like just a tiny bit, just a little detail that annoys me a bit but wanted to know if it's supposed to be 100% blocked from twisting or not.

And the most important of all, I noticed that whenever I fire I have to press it right otherwise it fires without making full contact, does conducting lower voltage than normal to the coil, I even tested with a voltage meter and it does happen indeed. I have to press it just right with a bit of pressure, I thought the button would actually be quite easy to use and it is, mainly compared to my hades but just that bit of having to press in a certain area for it to make full contact annoys me a bit :(

Sptz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just did that and it worked! :) Awesome! I did loose the pin (LOL DOH) but I nipped a piece of a toothpick and it fitted perfectly.

I do have one final question though.

The inside of the tube is a bit dirty, I washed it with a toothbrush, hot water with soap and vinegar and it didn't do much. Is it actually possible to boil it in order to try to get rid of those black stains in there? Im asking this because of the black coating on the outertube

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
Just did that and it worked! :) Awesome! I did loose the pin (LOL DOH) but I nipped a piece of a toothpick and it fitted perfectly.

The inside of the tube is a bit dirty, I washed it with a toothbrush, hot water with soap and vinegar and it didn't do much. Is it actually possible to boil it in order to try to get rid of those black stains in there? Im asking this because of the black coating on the outertube

Use a polishing compound, but frankly I dont see the point for 2 reasons. 1 it is on the inside, so who cares? 2, unless you want to polish the inside regularly, it is just going to oxidize anyways.

JulesXsmokr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2013
Hurricane Alley, FL. USA

That toothpick will cause a problem in the near future. Try to fashion a new pin from a paper clip or a safety pin. Find a close approximate thickness, then cut it off flat and round the tip out. Then cut it to the size you need, put a bit of silicon grease on it to keep it stickied to the keyway. Don't use too much, or it may attract contaminants too easily.

You can try to use some orange cleaner, like the purple power orange cleaner from the auto parts store or Zep brand from Homies Depot. That stuff is a great cleaner of grease and oils. Great as a hand cleaner also..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread