Best Non Drip Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

coalyard

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Rome, NY, USA
Yeah, $35 bucks for a nautilus with $4 replacement heads. They are good I hear, but really?

Buy yourself a couple of Innokin IClear 30s's and be done with it. They do not leak. They do not gurgle. They vape great, hit after hit. You can get one for under twenty bucks anywhere; replacement heads are under 3 bucks. If you aren't vaping double espresso vanilla cream flavored juice, the heads last almost a month of heavy vaping.

I own several PT2's which I rebuild as well as Kayfuns, but my 30s's almost always wind up on my VTR tucked in a cell phone case on my belt for hiking or nature photography shoots for a reason. I honestly cannot think of a better, more trouble free clearomizer. Good luck, and welcome to ECF!

Exador67

May 3, 2014
Fayetteville NC
I've been vaping for a few years now and am constantly frustrated by leaky tanks and burnt out wicks every few weeks. To compensate for the leaking I end up over tightening the tanks which mean I have to use pliers to open them, in the process scratching the things.

I own a Kanger AeroTank and I love and hate it, when it works it's great but they taste burnt after a week or so and sometime leaks. I also have a VivaNova which I actually really like, it seems to be a smoother vape.

What would you guys recommend for a smooth/flavourful vaping experience?

I bought an aerotank a couple weeks ago and experienced the same thing. which would have turned me off of it except I have a HUGE varietypack of rubber O-rings in my tool box and after taking it apart carefully enough to find that there are flaws in the way its set up, I put some new orings inplace of the stock rubber grommets and BAM! I wouldn't trade my aerotank for another clearomiser... well except the nautilus. second thought, try the nautilus

coalyard

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Rome, NY, USA
Thinking that's mainly because, the kayfun won't fit in the VTR's recessed 510 connection with out that gaud awful adaptor.. unless you own the mini k. lamo!!

Yeah, that has a lot to do with it. I am seriously considering ditching the trim ring. I use the Kayfuns on my SVD or VMAX mostly. That doesn't diminish the fact that the 30s is a fine clearo if you aren't inclined to rebuild. The regular 30 isn't too bad either, I just think the (S) has better flavor for some reason. I know for sure the heads last longer.

It has always been a mystery to me why the IClear 30s doesn't get more love...

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
It has always been a mystery to me why the IClear 30s doesn't get more love...

Well, you see, was going to get one, but bought the Russian instead, and it's been rba's all the way since then, no going back to changeables now, no how, no way, especially considering, the lowest I go is like 28 watts, never seen a changeable handle 15 let alone 30. lol.

The Taifun GS vapes pretty damn nice and is only 17 mm, and Flash-e-Vapor is coming out with a 17 mm version too, along with the V3 flashi in a month or so. The V2 is quite outstanding, Artur knows how to build an rba, great guy, excellent customer service.!!!

lucien

Apr 21, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Haven't tried any Aspire Tanks, they look like they are generally bottom fill designs which I find tend to leak more. Do you know how the coil performance compares to a protank style?

I have 2 Aspire system, a nautilus and a no name tank using aspire BDC, both are bottom feed but I never experience leaking and these are the one I mostly use when I'm outside.

Jscheiben

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Ontario, Canada
So far I've tried iclear 30, aspire ce5(bdc) and aspire nautilus. Hands down I LOVE my nautilus. Have yet to find a leak anywhere and like the adjustable air flow. Word of warning tho on the nautilus, if using the smallest air flow setting it does have a habit of flooding. If this happens I just switch to the biggest, take a few hits and back to normal. I think the worst I've had is 1 drop of juice getting into my mouth which isn't bad. Prob gonna pick up an RDA next week and see if I can figure coil building out.

Edit: After thought. I have also found a video by rip tripper showing how to rebuild the nautilus for a single 1.6 ohm micro coil.

VJaguar

Apr 26, 2014
London
Yeah, $35 bucks for a Nautilus with $4 replacement heads. They are good I hear, but really?

Buy yourself a couple of Innokin IClear 30s's and be done with it. They do not leak. They do not gurgle. They vape great, hit after hit. You can get one for under twenty bucks anywhere; replacement heads are under 3 bucks. If you aren't vaping double espresso vanilla cream flavored juice, the heads last almost a month of heavy vaping.

I own several PT2's which I rebuild as well as Kayfuns, but my 30s's almost always wind up on my VTR tucked in a cell phone case on my belt for hiking or nature photography shoots for a reason. I honestly cannot think of a better, more trouble free clearomizer. Good luck, and welcome to ECF!

I'm gonna take your advice and invest in an iClear 30s. A friend has one on an iTaste 134 and it works great. She said it lasted for ages and was pretty hassle free. I like the rotating tip as well. Found one for £12.99 in the UK with free delivery, can't really argue with that.

abpigdoc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Alpharetta, GA USA
I now have three Aspire Nautilus tanks, none of which leak a drop. Do not leave in the car, because the heat can make them leak and flood...and yes, earlier post about dark, sweet juices is accurate- coil killers! eBay has affordable coils, and the best are shipped 'Fast and Free'! I've recently purchased a Rose RBA, and a Hana V3 clone on order to get around the issues of the coil replacement costs, and extra flavor to boot! It's all a part of the learning curve in this desire to keep off the analogues.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I'm gonna take your advice and invest in an iClear 30s. A friend has one on an iTaste 134 and it works great. She said it lasted for ages and was pretty hassle free. I like the rotating tip as well. Found one for £12.99 in the UK with free delivery, can't really argue with that.

or, alternatively.

iClear 30 S Dual Coil Clearomiser - Clearomizers

I got a Protank 2 from myepack only yesterday (with airflow controller). I have already rebuilt the head.

The 30S drinks liquid at an alarming rate, but it's almost hassle-free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread