What is currently the best tank (non-rebuildable) out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvedrick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
League City, Texas
If you mean a carto tank, The AGR+ looks sturdy

AGR+ - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes

As far as glassomizers go, I use PT1 and PT2s every day, as long asw the PT2s are tight they don't leak, same goes for anything that comes apart.......

I hear the Aspires are pretty sweet and if you are really really lucky, you can get the retrofit adapter to use their coils on your existing PT

In th mean time I have ordered an Aspire mega and spare coils to tide me over and will compare it directly to my single coil pts

http://www.viper-vape.com/search.php?search_query=aspire&x=0&y=0

Last edited:

kronos01

Aug 8, 2013
Sydney Australia
I am also a fan of the Protank 2s, in my usage they have been just about bullet proof. However, you asked for other recommendations, so here is what I have found. YMMV!

iSmoka BCC (Mega or Mini) - This is my second favorite tank. Pros: Lots of vapor, good flavor, holds plenty of juice (mega), cheap, replacement coils cheap. Cons: Plastic tank, Mini version splits at threads after about 3 months of filling/usage (have not had the prob with the mega version, thicker plastic?)

Protank 1 - Pros: holds 2.5ml juice, cheap coils, looks nice. Cons: Non removable drip tip, airy, leaking/gurgling, glued together poorly, you name it.

CE8SS - Pros: Holds lots of juice, cheap. Cons: This thing just sucked. the flavor was awful coming out of it, and I had a lot of problems with it leaking no matter what I did, way to airy draw.

CE5 - Pros: Good capacity, nice flavor/vapor, cheap. Cons: Top coil, and all the issues that go with them. Heads gunked up a LOT, leaking/gurgling, plastic tank, did not perform well with thicker juices, you name it.

EVOD - Pros: Nice fit and finish, looks great, holds up well, uses same Kanger heads as PT series, comes in nice colors. Cons: Plastic tank, small(ish) capacity, LOTS of leaking/gurgling problems, built in molded drip tip, thin juice window (hard to see how much is left in tank).

Kanger T3S - Pros: Good capacity, solid vapor/flavor, changeable coil, no leaking/gurgling like EVODs. Cons: NOT standard PT Coils, Plastic tank with molded drip tip.

Kanger eSmart - Pros: held up to abuse well, great vapor/flavor, cheap (5 tanks about $10). Cons: Small capacity, disposable (not rebuildable/replaceable), plastic, not standard 510 drip tip (CE4 maybe?).

iClear 16 and 30S - Own these, have not tried them yet, heard great things about them though.

HTH

This is a good post Devauto and probably worthy of extension to include others, perhaps classified by clearos v cartos.

I personally use the Kanger T3S, EVOD and now the Aspire BDC. As you have said, the EVOD is small and gurgles a lot. I have found, though, with a little bit of maintenance and care, these issues can be minimised. To combat gurgling, which really annoys me, I have found that getting a tissue and twisting the corner into a long taper, then inserting down the inner tube of the clearo will dry it out until the next refill. If I cannot get access to a box of tissues, I will flick the battery/clearo unit downwards to expel excess fluid.

Much of the fluid is condensation in the tip that drips back downwards. The Aspire BDC doesn't have the same problem as the design is such that you can change the drip tip. Similar in construct to the Mini Protank II.

I have many units on the go at any one time (my wife also vapes and we both enjoy having different flavours to choose from). Most of these use the T3S which proved far more efficient and economical than anything else in clearos, although I do like the Protank II and mini-Protank (I and II). I am now leaning to the Aspire BDC as the best of them, though, as they are cheaper than the Protank range. Over time, the Aspire may work out slightly more expensive since the replacement coils are dearer than the Kanger and I would not bother to try and rebuild them (too hard for me and way too much trouble to save 2 bucks).

This thread is quite interesting to see the individual preferences out there.

Last edited:

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
iClear30S. PM me if you can think of a better tank for ease of use, quality of vape and flavor. I'll buy it immediately.

After the holidays are over, planning to try out the iclear30-B; seems to be generally liked over the 30-s which must be a pretty darn good vape. For me, I found the 30-s is the best out of all the clearo/carto tanks that I've tried to date, for flavor, ease of use, vapor output and longevity (well over 50+ refills and still vapes perfectly fine)

Never had a gurgle, leaking, burnt taste, clogging, etc... I run it exclusively off my MVP2 @ 9.5W, has a 2ohm coil and I use some pretty heavy/thick VG juices. I got it with a 10 pack of replaceable coils, so I think this is definitely going to last me a good solid year at very least!

nancybout

ECF Veteran
I'm using I clear 30 and the viva nova But I'm new so lol but it's working.. I change the coil once a week.my guess is they all have issues..here and there..I decided not to grab a protank.I'm going to invest in something that I will use with less problems.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Smallville

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2013
Appleton, WI
So, it rates better than the ProTank 2? Just looking for a good opinion prior to investing. I still have a lot of Protank 2 replacements to burn up first though... :vapor:

I don't think my PTII will be used any more, I am pretty confident I will be vaping it forward after I pick up my second PT 3. The flavor is better, the vape production is better. Of course just my opinion, but night and day comparing the two tanks.

Razorback

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Conway, Arkansas
I'm using I clear 30 and the viva nova But I'm new so lol but it's working.. I change the coil once a week.my guess is they all have issues..here and there..I decided not to grab a protank.I'm going to invest in something that I will use with less problems.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Nancy. I have your back on this one... I still use the Vision Vivi Nova (and Mini Vivi), as I still think it's relatively bulletproof. Inexpensive, and free of issues most times. If I had to pick one (and only one), that would be it!

Razorback

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Conway, Arkansas
I don't think my PTII will be used any more, I am pretty confident I will be vaping it forward after I pick up my second PT 3. The flavor is better, the vape production is better. Of course just my opinion, but night and day comparing the two tanks.

Any leaking out of the bottom you noticed yet?

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hello folks, I am looking for a tank for my MVP 2. I have the Kanger ProTank II and man, as cool as it is, and as a great of a vape I get out of it *sometimes*, it is just a hassle to deal with. Sometimes it leaks, sometimes it gurgles, and sometimes it stops working all together. I have been through like 5 coil heads in the past 2 weeks.

I am looking for a tank system other than the Kanger ProTank line....Any suggestions? I have never owned a carto tank. I've always stuck to clearo's but I am open to suggestions. thanks!

I would recommend you stick to a pyrex tank.

The Protank is a bottom coil, so leaking is an issue.

Look for a topcoil pyrex; the only one's I recall seeing advertised are ones called vivi novas so far; (quite are few tanks are being sold with that name).

Now that clearos are being made with changeable heads expect to see more pyrex tanks.

Would be nice to be able to walk into a store, buy a plastic tank that has a pyrex cylinder upgrade available; try it out and if you like it, buy the pyrex part and replace the plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread