Best way to sample multiple juices at home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heinzanova

Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
Silicon Valley, CA-USA
Recently I had been ordering flavors and clearomizers for each flavor. I am up to two dozen loaded up clearomizers and bottles of juice. Some I like, some I don't like.

Cool so learning lesson is to try to buy smaller sample sizes and not use a new clearo for every flavor.... or at least I thought.

I ordered the two sample kits from Johnson creek, some 17 flavors in total, all in nice little 3.7ml bottles with individual droppers (I have to hand it to JS, they did a nice job with this kit in a nice tin).

Anyways, I was thinking of using an atty and drip method to sample each flavor, the problem is I am finding some flavors stay left over even if I burn till try tasting. Is there a way to clean an atty or a better way to turn through a sample kit?

dragonriot

Feb 1, 2012
wisconsin
Johnson Creek is nice... I have 4 of their flavors, the Tundra, Apple Cider, whatever the Pipe flavor one is, and of course Bacon. The cheap-o Chinese stuff is actually pretty good when you're on a budget, but it will gum up your atomizers if you use it too much. Thankfully, everything is easy to clean, and the extra Atty's and Carts are cheap enough to just keep buying new ones and throwing out the ones you don't like. I don't really like to mix flavors, but right now, I'm short on Attys and waiting for a tank and a low res atty in the mail.

LibertariaNate

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
Utah
An atomizer (or two, or three) and dripping is really the best way to sample different flavors. If I want to change flavors, I choose something I think would compliment the flavor I was just vaping. If you really want to clean it out, blow the atty out from the battery end into a tissue. If the flavor remains, for a quick clean rinse/soak the atty in vodka. You can use isopropyl in a pinch, but be sure to rinse it out extremely well with water. Air dry, or if you're in a hurry, do a dry burn. Just be sure to take it slow, else you might pop it.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
You can also use one of your clearomizers and just wash it out, pull off the top silicone piece that covers the cup and run under hot water, blow it out good , do a dry burn and refill it up, this way your only using one of them to test flavors or maybe two., a good LR-901 is good to also drip and test out flavors with, just blow it out and run a mix of PG & PGA together through it in between different flavors as well.,, use your hairdryer to dry stuff out and you wont have to wait as long or let them sit, blow dry, re-prime, and go.

heinzanova

Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
Silicon Valley, CA-USA
Johnson Creek is nice... I have 4 of their flavors, the Tundra, Apple Cider, whatever the Pipe flavor one is, and of course Bacon. The cheap-o Chinese stuff is actually pretty good when you're on a budget, but it will gum up your atomizers if you use it too much. Thankfully, everything is easy to clean, and the extra Atty's and Carts are cheap enough to just keep buying new ones and throwing out the ones you don't like. I don't really like to mix flavors, but right now, I'm short on Attys and waiting for a tank and a low res atty in the mail.

Never bought cheap stuff, I have a shelf with all the Volcano brand juices. I find I like their Kona Coffee, Espresso, Blue Punch, Cinnamon, Super Menthol (nothing like menthol more like vicks but I like it). So far I like many of these johnson creek flavors, they have a very thick, almost waxy(?) thickness to the smoke compared to some juices I sampled at a "local" shop and some of the volcanos.

An atomizer (or two, or three) and dripping is really the best way to sample different flavors. If I want to change flavors, I choose something I think would compliment the flavor I was just vaping. If you really want to clean it out, blow the atty out from the battery end into a tissue. If the flavor remains, for a quick clean rinse/soak the atty in vodka. You can use isopropyl in a pinch, but be sure to rinse it out extremely well with water. Air dry, or if you're in a hurry, do a dry burn. Just be sure to take it slow, else you might pop it.

Yeah cleaning out the atty is what I was interested in. I have a few more expensive ($7) Magma attys from volcano. So far I have been super super happy with all their products so while there may be cheaper ones out there, I really have not been let down by any of their products. Their clearomizers vape better, warmer and moister than any other method I have tried, and their tank system is very clutch (aesthetically and performance)

rem700

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2011
Mn
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread