Black copper stingray clone question

Status
Not open for further replies.

fasteddie5

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
LA, CA
Does your infinite black copper clone have the threads exposed a little on the bottom? My button is also super crunchy I don't get it.

Yes, mine has threads exposed a little on the bottom, too. My switch is not crunchy, though.

Thinking about sanding down the white delrin piece down some to fix it.

blueGrassTubb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
The Bluegrass
Yes, mine has threads exposed a little on the bottom, too. My switch is not crunchy, though.

Thinking about sanding down the white delrin piece down some to fix it.

I only have threads on the bottom in 18650 mode, and only 1 thread, I think. In 18350 and 18500 mode, there are no threads exposed. My button isn't crunchy, but it does like being pressed in the center or it won't fire.

hectomaner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2014
Somerset, Kentucky
I have the Infinite version as well. As much as I instantly fell in love I was ready to toss it out the window over all the button issues by the second day. A $6 set of magnets later, it had become pure perfection. I highly recommend trying this out!!

Can you provide a link to where you got the magnets that fixed this issue? I'm about to buy a black copper and red copper version, and anticipate having the switch issue. I'd like to grab magnets in advance to fix the issue.

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
Most of the black copper Stingray clones have the Stingray style switch so I'd think that the standard Stingray magnets would work. But at least 1 manufacturer used a Nemesis style switch instead. You'd want Nemesis style magnets in that case. The ones offered by fatdaddyvapes are a bit expensive, but they're always the right size and strength for whatever mod he's offering them for. If you can't tell the difference between switch designs, just ask at a local B&M or look for pictures, it's pretty clear once you know what you're looking at.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread