bought 4 devices and nothing matches the Juul. Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
The 'drop' and 'air' are pretty close to smoking. I used an 'air' until discovering the Zero by Vapresso. But the 'air' was a lot closer to smoking. Others say they prefer the slightly tighter draw from the 'drop'.

At nearly any vape shop you visit a giant cloud making former smoker will pull out an 'air' or 'drop' to get their satisfaction instead of filling your 3 foot circle with their big vape type exhale.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

johnpalley

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
boston
Keep in mind that you're really limiting your options. You might be able to find what you're looking for and get lucky that it vapes exactly how you want it. But it's doubtful. A variable wattage device will help you adjuist the power to get the type of vape you want. But I have never seen a variable watch cigalite style variable wattage device.
I agree with you, It does limit the options but keep in mind Im still open to using a variable wattage type device like the Innokin T18 2 if it does the job. I just didn't want a firing button to have to deal with get what im sayin?

Last edited:

johnpalley

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
boston
It's not really pen shaped but the sourin drop may be more along the lines of what you are looking for flavor wise. I also have a novo, which I personally like more than the drop because of its more airy draw. The drop has a pretty tight draw and the vapor it produces is surprisingly warm and flavorful for the kind of device it is. I'm not sure if it will be as satisfying as the juul for you personally, but I never touched my juul again after I got the drop.
yeah you got the Novo? If the Novo had a strong throat it than that would be the one right there! The flavor is solid on that. What I need to know is how would you compare the flavor on the Novo and Drop?

johnpalley

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
boston
^ Good point. I meant to bring the up too, the Drop really does have a good tight draw, I just don't use it cause it sometimes gives me juice in my mouth. But it's good if you can put up with that.

On the nic level front, you may want to look into getting a good 50/50 liquid at 12mg, just to see if throat his is what you're after, or if the it's the buzz of a that super high juul salt they use.
To be totally honest the buzz on the 50mg nicsalts is too strong for me. I would love it if I could get a throat hit and flavor like the Juul but at the same time be able to take a lot more mtl puffs at one time. I was gonna start exploring different nic strengths after I found the device I want.

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co
yeah you got the Novo? If the Novo had a strong throat it than that would be the one right there! The flavor is solid on that. What I need to know is how would you compare the flavor on the Novo and Drop?
Comparing the two flavor wise I would say that the drop seems to be warmer and more concentrated than the novo. There is at least one flavor I vape rather often that just tastes better in the drop for some reason or another.

As far as wanting more throat hit I've noticed that some nic salts are just harsher than others. I've also that holding the vapor in my lungs for a short second will produce a kind of throat hit on the exhale. If that doesn't work for you the only brand of salts I have found so far with a good traditonal throat hit is milkshake e-liquids. Could be worth a shot.

johnpalley

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
boston
Comparing the two flavor wise I would say that the drop seems to be warmer and more concentrated than the novo. There is at least one flavor I vape rather often that just tastes better in the drop for some reason or another.

As far as wanting more throat hit I've noticed that some nic salts are just harsher than others. I've also that holding the vapor in my lungs for a short second will produce a kind of throat hit on the exhale. If that doesn't work for you the only brand of salts I have found so far with a good traditonal throat hit is milkshake e-liquids. Could be worth a shot.
Yeah the juice has nothing to do with the throat hit problem. Ive refilled Juul pods and tested out 5 different types of juice and the throat hit is totally fine. This is a device issue.

This is great news to hear though about the drop. I just wish it was more of a pen shape but im definitely gonna consider that as an option Thanks. I was actually eyeing the Sauron Vagon a little while ago but I ruled it out cause I thought it would be too airy of a draw. Do you have any experience with the Vagon or heard anything about it? I definitely like the shape of that much better. Im very curious how it compares to the Drop now. Ive never bought a Sauron product before

• Optimistic

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co
Yeah the juice has nothing to do with the throat hit problem. Ive refilled Juul pods and tested out 5 different types of juice and the throat hit is totally fine. This is a device issue.

This is great news to hear though about the drop. I just wish it was more of a pen shape but im definitely gonna consider that as an option Thanks. I was actually eyeing the Sauron Vagon a little while ago but I ruled it out cause I thought it would be too airy of a draw. Do you have any experience with the Vagon or heard anything about it? I definitely like the shape of that much better. Im very curious how it compares to the Drop now. Ive never bought a Sauron product before
I've had some interest in the vagon as well, I recently noticed one of the shops in my town carries them. But I also have not seen or heard much about them.

johnpalley

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
boston
I've had some interest in the vagon as well, I recently noticed one of the shops in my town carries them. But I also have not seen or heard much about them.
I just watched a few videos on the Vagon just to remind me how it was. Its def gonna be too airy for me anyway. Its more airy than the Air and people are having to take primer puffs to hit it right also. Someone also said you have to break the pods in so with new pods theres not gonna be flavor for a little while. Definitely not for me.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The newest drop is metal. My kid did not care for it's tendency to clog on refill and etc., but by all means if you are looking for draw, I'd think it might be similar.

I'm just mentioning it because he was Real Serious about it's suckage in that regard (required constant unplugging, replugging etc.) and he is pretty competent with vape gear.

Best of luck if you try it. I really think you could get a pretty similar draw with some tanks but hey do you and etc.
Anna

johnpalley

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
boston
Sorry to get off topic but quick question.. When the pods on the Novo start to go bad do you get less and less vapor? Its not igniting like it used too. Ive probably refilled the 2 pods I have 3-4 times. I just wanna make sure the device isn't broken.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co
Sorry to get off topic but quick question.. When the pods on the Novo start to go bad do you get less and less vapor? Its not igniting like it used too. Ive probably refilled the 2 pods I have 3-4 times. I just wanna make sure the device isn't broken.
I haven't really noticed any significant drop off in vapor production from the novo pods until I've refilled upwards of 5-6 times, but different juices can lead to different coil life. If the juice you are using is very dark in color or has sweeteners in it your coil life will be drastically decreased. I've also heard the same with high Vg juice but I can't personally confirm this. With the novo I've only really noticed a drop in vapor production when the battery is close dead.

When the pods on my novo go bad the vapor production is generally fine, they just start tasting really unpleasant from coil gunk.

Last edited:

johnpalley

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
boston
I haven't really noticed any significant drop off in vapor production from the novo pods until I've refilled upwards of 5-6 times, but different juices can lead to different coil life. If the juice you are using is very dark in color or has sweeteners in it your coil life will be drastically decreased. I've also heard the same with high Vg juice but I can't personally confirm this. With the novo I've only really noticed a drop in vapor production when the battery is close dead.
Makes perfect sense. I know exactly what happened, its not broken. Appreciate it my friend

spaceman84

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2013
North Carolina

I disagree. Some devices may produce more throat hit but so do some nic salt juices. Mr Salt E seems to be formulated to have no throat hit, but the NKD Salt line certainty does.

Whiplash

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2013
Idaho
My Eonsmoke (Juul compatible) came in the mail yesterday so this is not a review as much as a first impression. I purchased this on a whim ($28 after a discount coupon). I’m happy with my batteries, RTA, and DIY juice.

Nice looking and it seems to be well built.

The pod is a very tight fit into the battery – a little too tight IMO.

The draw takes some getting used to. Triggering the coil requires a bit of a hard pull. I could not take a short draw without covering both windows with thumb and index while taking a hit. (I don’t think a pod would last very long doing this)

This starter kit came with four flavors: Blueberry, Citrus Burst, Pineapple and Watermelon. (Website said it would be Cool Mint, Mango, Watermelon and Tobacco) All have a nondescript back-taste. The flavor itself has a very simple “cartoon” flavor”. – It may remind you of Watermelon but does not really taste like Watermelon. If I took a bite of fruit that tasted like that, I’d spit it out but for ejuice, it’s okay.

The bottom line: I kinda like it. I’ll use it for a “pocket-vape” if I’m successful in refilling the pods with my own juice. (Eonsmoke sells empty pods) Otherwise it’s headed for that dusty box on the top shelf of the closet.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
Juul has invested an astounding amount of research, time and money into their products, to a level that none of the other vape manufacturers has ever achieved.

For diminutive it may looks, the Juul is a blend of the best available technologies.

Because of the extremely accurate and reliable TC design, of the uber-efficiency of the electronics and the alchemically complex formulation of their e-liquids, your attempts to find something comparable to the Juul are mired to failure from the start.

I refill the Juul pods regularly, I dry the dew-absorber every time, and they last 6 - 7 refills; but the taste of refills cannot compare to the original.
There are aftermarket refillable Juul pods, but they aren't good as the original, as there is a lot of hidden technology in them which isn't replicated.

I use the Smok Fit (a differently shaped Infinix) when the Juuls are flat, they compare as a caveman torch to a laser, but I get my nic.

In general, I use the pod systems for social vaping, preferring the Therion and Dani boxes with Kayfuns/SS316 and Kabukis whenever/wherever possible.

My suggestion for optimal vaping, is to use a number of different devices, for the different situations which develops during the day. The Juul is the perfect pod, almost irreplaceable in its class, but other moments and situations of the day may call for a different class of devices, as you will see fit.

Best Regards,

Reactions: RandomPhoenix

johnpalley

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
boston
The newest drop is metal. My kid did not care for it's tendency to clog on refill and etc., but by all means if you are looking for draw, I'd think it might be similar.

I'm just mentioning it because he was Real Serious about it's suckage in that regard (required constant unplugging, replugging etc.) and he is pretty competent with vape gear.

Best of luck if you try it. I really think you could get a pretty similar draw with some tanks but hey do you and etc.
Anna
Thanks for the info!

johnpalley

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
boston
Juul has invested an astounding amount of research, time and money into their products, to a level that none of the other vape manufacturers has ever achieved.

For diminutive it may looks, the Juul is a blend of the best available technologies.

Because of the extremely accurate and reliable TC design, of the uber-efficiency of the electronics and the alchemically complex formulation of their e-liquids, your attempts to find something comparable to the Juul are mired to failure from the start.

I refill the Juul pods regularly, I dry the dew-absorber every time, and they last 6 - 7 refills; but the taste of refills cannot compare to the original.
There are aftermarket refillable Juul pods, but they aren't good as the original, as there is a lot of hidden technology in them which isn't replicated.

I use the Smok Fit (a differently shaped Infinix) when the Juuls are flat, they compare as a caveman torch to a laser, but I get my nic.

In general, I use the pod systems for social vaping, preferring the Therion and Dani boxes with Kayfuns/SS316 and Kabukis whenever/wherever possible.

My suggestion for optimal vaping, is to use a number of different devices, for the different situations which develops during the day. The Juul is the perfect pod, almost irreplaceable in its class, but other moments and situations of the day may call for a different class of devices, as you will see fit.

Best Regards,
You may be right my friend but im kind of doubting it. Once again, This has nothing to do with Juul's e-juice.. I tested all devices with juice from I love salts spearmint gum 50mg saltnic and other juices and the Juul still performed the same. The way the Juul operates has nothing to do with there juice.

The Infinix gives a better throat hit that the Juul does, it just doesn't have good enough taste for me. The Novo gives great flavor but the draw it too airy and in my opinion its meant for direct lung hits. Your trying to tell me Smok couldn't make a device with a draw like the Infinix with Novo flavor? I think they could. In my opinion most people like those airy draw devices more than tight ones so I think that's what the market caters too. Why do most of these devices have looser draws? I think these companies are trying to have there cake and eat it too. I think they want there pod devices to be bought by people who do mouth to lung and direct lung. I think they assume it'l sell better or something. Its so annoying cause when I watch youtube reviews on pod devices, 80% of the time when there reviewing there doing direct to lung hits lol. Its so frustrating watching them cause im looking at it like those type of devices are supposed to be geared toward cigarette smokers. there doing direct lung hits and talking about how much they like the device. Most of these people were already vaping and doing direct to lung hits off mods etc.

I just think if I can find a device from a company that was really geared to mainly cigarette smokers ill end up finding one that I like. I could be wrong though im not sure thats my thoughts right now

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread