Bought A Ton of Expired E-Juice Accidentally. Should I vape them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
So I recently bought an ton of e-juice that was selling for super cheap (BTW $0.25 and $0.60 per 10 mL). Thought I was getting the deal of a lifetime. After counting, it was like 340 mL of varying Nic (6-16 mG per mL) for less than 15 bucks. Mostly Dekang juice. When I opened the box and evaluated the juice, I see why I got it for so cheap. Almost all of it is a month past the Expire date:( I have been reading about expired juices and if I should proceed to vape them. I have started opening and smelling them and so far they smell great! A two year steep process has worked for at least some of them;)
Has anyone had experience with expired juices that were still in the original packaging (never opened)? I guess if it killed you, you wouldn't be able to answer my question but... I plan to vape the ones that still smell good, as this is the common indicator, among the information out there, that the juice is still usable.

See Edit Below ~~I will say the site duped me, I feel, in that they did not advertise the juice as expired.~~ Not too bothered about losing the ~15 bucks though.

EDIT: the website clearly lists in bright red -
IMPORTANT NOTE: These E-Liquids will have a printed expiration date of either 03/2015, 05/2015or 07/2015
Dumbo Me didn't read the description thoroughly the first time. I was not duped, I'm the dupe;)

Last edited:
Reactions: mcol

Nivek13

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2015
Chicago,IL
S I guess if it killed you, you wouldn't be able to answer my question but...

Ive never had any expired juice but had to reply cause this comment made me actually lol at work :lol:

However i would be pretty upset about that, and would definitly contact the site you got it from....

Also side note here..... if most people on here say you should be ok vaping it, i would definitly be intrested in hearing were you got it from and if they still have the deal through a PM.....running low on juice and i just spent my vape budget on everything i need to start dripping :)

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Should be fine.

Thanks! I've vaped the red cola with some maraschino cherry from MBV and it was awesome cherry coke! Well see how the rest fare.

Ive never had any expired juice but had to reply cause this comment made me actually lol at work :lol:

However i would be pretty upset about that, and would definitly contact the site you got it from....

Also side note here..... if most people on here say you should be ok vaping it, i would definitly be intrested in hearing were you got it from and if they still have the deal through a PM.....running low on juice and i just spent my vape budget on everything i need to start dripping :)

Found them here (link below) in the blowout clearance section. Says dekang on the site but it is a weird label that doesn't say dekang so maybe they used dekang flavors? But, like you, hard to pass up .25 cents - .60 cents juice as a discount Vaper;) ill report back as I try different ones.
They have a somewhat limited selection of varying nics. Mostly higher nics. Also, the juice bottles say the flavor and pg. nowhere does it say vg. I think they advertised it as 50/50.

Blowout Clearance Sale - EVcigarettes.com

Last edited:
Reactions: Nivek13

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
Thanks! I've vaped the red cola with some maraschino cherry from MBV and it was awesome cherry coke! Well see how the rest fair.

Found them here (link below) in the blowout clearance section. Says dekang on the site but it is a weird label that doesn't say dekang so maybe they used dekang flavors? But, like you, hard to pass up .25 cents - .60 cents juice as a discount Vaper;) ill report back as I try different ones.
They have a somewhat limited selection of varying nics. Mostly higher nics. Also, the juice bottles say the flavor and pg. nowhere does it say vg. I think they advertised it as 50/50.

Blowout Clearance Sale - EVcigarettes.com

I was wondering if that was where you got them. I didn't order any but had
seen these offered. A month expired shouldn't be a biggie at all, the bottles
have been sealed. Only thing is over time the nic may decrease, or may not.
I've vaped expired liquids before with no problems. Expiration date is pretty
much used for the last day they can sell them not when you can use them -
at least that's the way it is with milk.

Sanctuary Denied

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2013
Vancouver, Wa
I used to have friends that always drank up my good scotch, not be caused they liked it but because it was there.
I bought some cheap (sacrificial) stuff for them to drink instead of pilfering my good stuff.
Share with your friends to burn through it faster or give them some first to make sure its okay....
Hmmm wonder why they don't come around anymore.

I would assume its fine. As long as I didn't get sick and it tastes good I'd vape it. Otherwise toss it and rack it up as a learning experience.

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
I remember a hundred years ago, I use to order juice from V2. They would run specials on expired juice. Every now and then I would grab some. I vaped it, and I'm still here :unsure: I don't think a month is anything to worry about. Also I DIY now. Flavors fall in and out of favor with me. I date each bottle, and vape them pretty much whenever. Nothing like over a year old, but that's just me.

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
I was wondering if that was where you got them. I didn't order any but had
seen these offered. A month expired shouldn't be a biggie at all, the bottles
have been sealed. Only thing is over time the nic may decrease, or may not.
I've vaped expired liquids before with no problems. Expiration date is pretty
much used for the last day they can sell them not when you can use them -
at least that's the way it is with milk.

It would be good if they lost some nic as a few of the "better sounding" juices were only in higher nics than I normally vape on when dripping.

That's what I figured (rationalized;) after reading other postings about expiration dates. I am excited to try the blue cola (Pepsi flavored) with some vanilla. Most I will use for mixing. Unbelievable deal if I can vape it all before the juice turns.

Reactions: Jugband

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Nicotine weakens over time. That's one of the reasons for the expiration date. I imagine that ejuice does eventually truly "go bad" but it probably takes a long time. (longer than a year) PG is a preservative and I believe VG is too. With it only being a month past the date, I doubt it will cause any problems.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
i am getting juice that has expired.
it lists the manufacturing date and
expiration date.
they expire one year after manufacture.
the ones i get are typically one to two
months over. i haven't experienced any
issues.
its hard to beat at a dollar per ten ml bottle
at the local level.
regards
mike

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC

See my edits and subsequent posts. They, in fact, do list that the juices expire and I just skimmed the descriptions without paying close attention.
So far, posts have been positive about vaping expired juices, as long as they look and smell the part. The kiwi I bought was joy tech juice and it tastes like sour apple. I may b chunking this stuff. The raspberry "dekang" juice is too high nic to taste any raspberries, but great mixed with some raspberry lemonade. I'm really going to break into the box today and try all the juices.

Reactions: Nivek13

DoctorJ

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
Vape it. If you get dizzy or start hallucinating, then just vape more.

If you start hallucinating, you may have gotten some juice left over from the late 60's/ early 70's...."Don't vape the brown juice!" If you've seen the concert movie (or you were there), you'll understand my reference :hubba:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread