Brand new to e-cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Blue Dot

Dec 14, 2011
United States
Hello hi, I've been a smoker for 10 years and I'm trying to quit for my health and for my friends and family. A week ago I got my first e-cig, a Halo G6 with a few prefilled cartridges (12mg/ml nicotine). In the few days I've had the G6 I've cut back from a pack a day to 4-5 cigarettes a day. I like the results so far, so I'm going to keep going with it. That and I really like the menthol ice flavor from Halo :)

I ordered a few supplies from ecigexpress.com a few days ago and my order just arrived today, but it's just basic unflavored base stuff, my flavors (from totally wicked e-liquid) won't be coming for a day or two more. What I'm wondering is: Should I go ahead and mix my nic base now, and then add flavor later, or should I wait?

What I have right now is 30ml of unflavored 60mg nic in propylene glycol, a 120ml bottle of plain 0 nic PG, and a few 10ml dropper bottles. I have a box of syringes, so I'll be doing my measuring accurately instead of measuring in drops. What I was planning on doing was to mix the nic down to 15mg/ml so when I put my flavor in it will be around 12mg/ml. I was going to make up one dropper bottle of the 15mg (2.5ml of nic, 7.5ml of PG, right? my math can be terrible sometimes) solution to be ready for when my flavors get here.

What do some of you more experienced people think?

---

PS: I'm really glad I found this forum, I've been lurking and reading for 2 days before I posted this thread, and there is so much information here, I can tell that ECF is going to be a great resource for me.

Bluesmaster75

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2011
London, Ontario
Your on the right track but you should be going 2ml nic and 6ml of pg 0 nic then theres room in your bottle for whatever flavourings you decide to add most flavourings besides cinnamon and menthol go about 15-20% the pg may leave it thick for carto use so you would also like to leave room for 1ml of distilled water. There is a DIY section full of recipes if you scroll down the main forum page. It offers a plethora of advice and recipes which make it a breeze. Keep vaping :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread