Day 11 - Making an order for some juices and need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeInNYC

Oct 17, 2011
NYC, NY
TL;DR - 12mg nic got me off cigs, but is day 11 too soon to cut the nic down?

So I've fully quit from 1 PAD to 0 with my Halo G6 kit. :2cool: Literally overnight.

I went with their variety pack, 12mg nicotine.

Loved 2 flavors and ordered 30ml bottles of them (Tiki juice and Malibu, very unexpected for me as I really thought I'd like the more tobacco like flavors). I still enjoy and rotate through the other 4 flavors too, just not nearly as much.

So I'm set for a while. But...

I feel I need some more variety and go-to flavors. It's not that I don't like the Halo juices (quite the opposite, really), but I don't like them all the time.

After looking around I've narrowed my choices to Ms Ts Bakery mainly due to the hype. I really don't want to try 100 different vendors looking for good flavors. I'm about to order quite a few 6ml bottles to try out but I'm not sure if I should try to lower the nicotine levels.

On one hand, 12mg did the trick for me and I don't need a cigarette, or want one.

On the other hand I seem to be vaping quite a lot, which I partly attribute to the 'shiny new toy' factor. If I find a juice I like a lot and smoke a lot of it I fear I'll get sick.

What should I do ECF?

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
WELCOME TO THE ECF

I have the same experience with juice. Can't stand only vaping one or even 4 flavors all the time. I like variety and it shows with the collection of juice that I have. ANYWAYS.......I wanna give you my personal favorite vendors to get my juice from:

Alien Visions E-Juice
Virgin Vapor | Electronic Cigarette Organic e-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes
Welcome to Vermillion River Premium E-Juice
https://www.nitelitevapor.us/shop/c...vFfgN69kow8ojKJWwBmGxOdm84ab&shop_param=cid=&
https://vaporstation.com/
Rawr Vapor: Home page

If you wanna vape less then perhaps try 18mg. Probably get a few bottles to test it out and see if you like it.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
If 12mg is doing it for you, stick with it. If you think you're vaping a lot not for the novelty factor (I think we probably all did that at first until the excitement of not smoking anymore died down) then bump the nic up to the next level and see if that reduces your time between puffs and satisfies you more. I found that this was the case for me as well; I loved 18mg but was vaping a lot but didn't really know enough to understand that this was a symptom of something. However when I eventually did bump my intake to 24mg I was totally satisfied. At least until I started upgrading gear that produced far more vapor and flavour. Then the 24mg was just way too much. Now I'm down to 12mg and totally happy with that running variable voltage on modified Fluoxmizer Deluxes. That's my ideal combination right now and it's been working awesomely for me.

What I would do is maybe order a few sample packs from a few well-regarded vendors, some at 12mg, some at 18mg, and see how they strike you. Try and order complimentary flavours between the 12 and 18mg packs because if 18 turns out to be a bit too much you can mix it with a complimentary 12mg flavour for a 15mg mixed juice and use up what you've got and then next time you buy, get the one that works best for you.

I don't think lowering should be attempted until you're sure you've found the level that works best for you. It seems like you're okay at 12mg but vaping more than you think you should; whether that's novelty or craving talking remains to be seen, and it's probably too early to tell yet. But you're still getting your feet wet and experimenting (well, the experimenting never really stops, frankly, you just get a better sense of how your experiments will turn out :D) so you need to find your stable zone before anything else I think. You can certainly attempt to lower the nic if you feel strongly that it's something you really want to do, but if it ends up being too low you'll just end up vaping like mad to try and make up for the lack of nicotine.

EDIT: Also, you may want to try Kick Bass Vapor and Backwoods Brew a go, both have a very large following around here.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Try the Wow Tobacco Shop sampler (w/ WOWboy in it) at Vapor4Life and other sample packs (they are KR808D-1 cartos and fit G6). Check SmokelessImage and Bloogplanet to see if they have flavors Halocigs G6 doesn't have (SI and Bloog are the same style as G6). I know SI has some sampler packs too.

If you have a manual battery you can use a standard resistance DSE901 atomizer and drip tip to test juice samples (see LiteCigUSA.net for the atty and drip tip). If you don't have a manual battery, buy one as a spare. Buy a bunch of juice samples and keep in mind stuffing cartos work best with thin juices. I use PG with 10-20% VG. 30% work too much it may degrade the drag a bit or make the carto not last a long. I also avoid any juice that seem cloudy with flavoring sediment - juices that leave flavoring sediment in the stuffing clog cartos and gunk up the coil.

It takes a while to find your own favorite juices. Two of mine are from Vapor4Life (WOW Vanilla and WOWbacco which is a cocoa tobacco and WOWboy is the same w/ mint added). One is from Gourmet Vapor (vanillarum which is vanilla + caramel and rum - ign up there to get their ale notice - I shop the sales). Vixen Vapor Peach is nice. A couple of FreedomSmokeUSA juices I like are too thick for cartos and I drip those at home occasionally but their Pomegranate has selectable PG/VG and is clear with good flavor.

Re dropping your nic - seems a bit soon but you could try - just keep some higher around. 8mg still has some TH. 6mg the TH is significantly weaker than 11mg. I am on 4mg now (worked my way down from 18mg but I didn't start cutting nic until about 3-4 months into vaping).

Last edited:

Maximillian

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2011
Nebraska
Heyas MikeinNYC,

Aside from the "Shiney New Toy" Syndrome (SNTS? :p ) you might also want to consider the fact that the nic in vapor gets absorbed into you system more slowly than the nic in smoke from an analog. So when the SNTS wears off, if you start vaping less and wait 'till you get a nic craving, you might find staying away from analogs harder. Just something to consider. Having a few different strength liquids around seems like a good idea :vapor:

Maximillian the Vaguely Disreputable

aeroforce156

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2011
Greenville,NC
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
Check out BlueMist Vapor. They have a HUGE selection of juices (250+ premade and 250+ DIY flavors) and really great prices.
30ml for only $10, 10ml for $5. They also have sample packs which is what I got when I started. You get 5 juices that are 3ml for 10 bucks. Or you can get a 5 sample pack of 10ml juices for 20bucks. It will allow you to try a bunch without wasting a ton of money if you dont like a flavor since its only 3ml. You can also get exrta flavor shots for .50cents more.

If you like coffee flavors their cafe Caramel is really good, I vape that in the morning.
Their Honeysuckle Tobacco flavor is new and is really good actually. I normally dont love sweet juices but I got a free sample of this in my last order and it is really really good. Not overly or sickening sweet and very refreshing.

CaminoDiablo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
East Pembroke NY

On the other hand I seem to be vaping quite a lot, which I partly attribute to the 'shiny new toy' factor. If I find a juice I like a lot and smoke a lot of it I fear I'll get sick.

What should I do ECF?

LOL, well everyone I know that vapes might as well their PV attached to their person including myself. I vape non stop from when I awake till I sleep. I only know one guy that vapes like he would smoke a cigg. If you enjoy it just keep vaping away I say

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
So glad you are doing so well off analogs! Good job! On the Halo juices, let them all sit for a week or better yet 2 weeks, then go back and try the ones you don't think you like. I did this and now one I couldn't stand, Freedom Juice, is now one of my faves when I blend it with Prime. Same for me with Prime, didn't like it much now I love it. Not sure if you have Bella Valente which is way too strong for me, but now I love it. I use a DIY Vanilla Swirl, fill a carto with it and then a drop of Bella Valente, I love it. Try some Fusion from Halo, no flavored nic base and start doing your own DIY. Flavors from Flavor Art, Flavors Apprentice, One Stop DIY and DIY Flavor Shack are great and for a small amount of money you can do DIY and have tons of flavors. I suggest One Stop DIY shop as they offer alot in sample packs for flavors to add to your Fusion base. I have really enjoyed DIY and you get so much to try for a few dollars worth of flavors.

On chain vaping, pretty common early on, try waiting a bit longer between vapes, like even waiting an extra 5 minutes each time helps. bnrk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread