Build not hitting as well as i thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaHunsta

Nov 23, 2014
Agoura Hills, CA
well, what is the issue?? Is it wicking good? Not getting up to temp fast enough?? What batt's are ya running that 0.22 at??? Hope they are at least 30 amp continuous. Just saying.:D

No idea. i wicked it well and im running a VTC5 battery but im just not getting the vapor production i feel the build deserves. i dont know if im missing something or what.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Am thinking that it's a combination of proper wick density through the coil, height of build and positioning of air intake.

How are you wrapping your coils?? Personally tension wrap all my coils, which makes duplicating and getting consistent coils much easier.

Would first play with the wick trough the coil, increasing then decreasing the amount of fiber used. What fiber are you using, by the way?? Each is slightly different, and some are a bit more finicky than others.

Feel better now that know a VTC5 is involved, but still at 0.22 ohms, one must remain diligent cause can easily stress out the 5 when going that low.

So much with building has to do with play with it till it vapes right, and recognizing why it vapes better or worse, after being played with, and learn from that.

KSS89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
Charlestown, RI, USA
yeah wick density makes a big diff for me. After that i just check the basic stuff like clean mod and tight screws. the screws on my infinite stingray x clone will loosen to the point of not firing sometimes when i rewick. my new lower build hits a good amount harder then i thought it would at 0.37 ohms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread