Burning Lips & Area Around Mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
Thanks for the reply. I should have mentioned I drink about 2 liters of water a day in the original post. Lower flavor could be key. I wonder if my nicotine level could be causing it too? I only get 12-16mg nic in my liquids.

Not sure if it is dehydration if you can vape non-fruity flavors.... But to comment, 2 liters of water is the the recommended minimum an adult should intake daily. So if you are doing activities that can dehydrate, consider drinking more water.

Optimo358

Apr 1, 2013
Florida
If a menthol liquid, which ostensibly has no sweeteners in it whatsoever, causes you no issues, yet every sweetened liquid does, I'm going to bet that it does, indeed, have to do with the sweetener(s) in the liquids you're using. Are you getting all of your sweet liquids from the same supplier? What sweetener(s) do they use to make their liquids? Try to find that out if you don't already know, then find another supplier to try. Find out what sweetener(s) they use, ensure that they don't use the same ones as the other supplier, and try a sweet juice from them. If the problem is gone, then you probably have your answer. If not, then it's likely something else.

Thanks, I'll start sending some e-mails to see if I can figure out the sweeteners being used.

Not sure if it is dehydration if you can vape non-fruity flavors.... But to comment, 2 liters of water is the the recommended minimum an adult should intake daily. So if you are doing activities that can dehydrate, consider drinking more water.

I'm pretty much a desk jockey from 8-5 and then again from about 7-11 during the week :-/ Not a lot of physical exertion, unfortunately.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Thanks for the suggestion but I started off using a plastic drip tip and had the same problem. I can vape a menthol all day out of the kanger and it not cause any problems, it's only when using a flavored liquid.

Tried that as well. I may just be relegated to vaping only menthol... :(

Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone.

You can pick up a basic DIY kit for about $25 which has everything you need in it. Maybe try making some juices with or without sweetener. Try different brands of flavor. It might well be one simple thing that is setting it off.

one such kit
DIY Artisan Kits - One Stop DIY Shop Store

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
The only time I experience a burning sensation is when a little nic juice happens to condensate inside the tip and gets on my lips when I draw. There's lots of condensation with nic content in the tip. if it's not a nickel allergy from stainless steel, then you might try blowing or wiping out the tip periodically to see if that helps.

You also might try vaping with a standard black vinyl wrapped metal cartomizer (not SS) to see if there's a difference. The filler material might help control the liquid that could get to the tip and onto your lips.

roundrock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Central Texas, USA
I have just posted about a similar issue with an "all natural/organic" 100% VG strawberry juice. Instead of a burning sensation, though, I experienced total numbing of lips, tongue and upper palate.

I've tried lots of bakery and fruit flavors- even a watermelon juice from the same AN/O line as the strawberry. I love the watermelon and have gone through 50 ml so far.

None of the suggestions given apply to me and I've never had a food allergy in my life. The strawberry flavoring has to be reason for the extreme numbing effect.

My strawberry is 12 mg and does not have symptoms of high mic (peppery taste/TH). Also, I've vaped 36mg (just a couple times) with no numbing.

Strange.

StarDose

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Brampton
Try having an ulcer on the tip of your tongue it is not fun. For me i think its condensation / juice that is irritating me so am being more careful and cleaning out my tip more often hopefully it will help. Im picking up an order of diy including stevia for sweetener since i always tried to avoid other sweeteners in food aswell. Didnt think when i ordered it that sweeteners were the problem maybe this will help for me.

roundrock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Central Texas, USA
Try having an ulcer on the tip of your tongue it is not fun. For me i think its condensation / juice that is irritating me so am being more careful and cleaning out my tip more often hopefully it will help. Im picking up an order of diy including stevia for sweetener since i always tried to avoid other sweeteners in food aswell. Didnt think when i ordered it that sweeteners were the problem maybe this will help for me.

Been there; done that. Even before vaping, mouth ulcers were of concern to me. I found that when I switched toothpaste to one without sodium(L. something), a foaming agent, my ulcers disappeared. Good luck and please let us know about the stevia results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread