Status
Not open for further replies.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Depends on the juice, but for the most part the Nautilus coils work best in the 15-19W range. Darker, thicker juices may need to go lower than 15W to keep from getting a burnt taste while a thin (high PG) clear juice may go over 20W. With a 50/50 VG/PG clear juice I can run mine at 19W for weeks on the same coil. Increase to a 60/40 VG/PG mix and I have to drop the wattage down to 15W with the same flavor to keep from getting burnt tasting hits.

Margate69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm not sure of the resistance, but the vg/pg ratio is: 60/40

Always know your coil. Resistance is the determining factor in EVERY build. The Istick has an ohm meter, it reads out when you hit the button, but it isn't very accurate. At least it's a start.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Since he just bought the Nautilus Mini and had only used it for a few minutes I can almost guarantee he had the 1.6ohm coil that comes preinstalled in it. The only other alternative is the 1.8ohm coil, but both should work at similar wattages.

I've run both the 1.6ohm and 1.8ohm coils at 19W with a clear 50/50 mix. I've run them both at 15W with a gold colored 60/40 mix. They both work nearly identically at those wattages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread