Buying a Chuck! Need help finishing the order!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Sinister

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Illinois
I'm glad to see this thread. I've been trying to figure out the Chuck (little). On the website, it says batteries and atomizers not included, which led me to wonder what all the fuss was about. Am I correct in assuming the Chuck is a holder for a big battery that you stick whichever atomizer in that you tell him you will use when you order the Chuck?

That's about it. He can make it with a 510, 901, or 801 connector. I would recommend the 510 connector, as you can get adapters for all the others at either thagbuilt or altsmoke.

Here is a link for the research you need:

CHUCKleheads

And if you can't find the info you need there, ask and you shall receive.

Bogalu

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Silver Spring, MD
PERFECT! I GOT EVERYTHING I NEED! Now its time to make the big purchases, prolly gonna be 200-250 for everything I'm getting including the chuck. (Those atomizers are expensive!) I cant thank you guys enough (especially you Mr Sinister) Just waiting for the email back from Jeff for the expedited chuck and place the orders for the parts, all the wheels are in motion. :D

Too bad the atomizer cant take 2 3.6v's cause running it at 7.2 must be bad***! Only difference I've found out about the mini chuck is, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that they cant handle the rc123's so you gotta go with the rc2's which have an EXTREMELY sorry battery life. At least as so I've heard.

My recommendation if you want to go with a mini VP and don't want to wait for one to be made, then go with the BB made by the same manufacturer that made the silver bullet. I was real close to buying a BB till I found out about the battery life so my choice is the chuck! :D I'll keep you guys updated on my ordering process and the customer service factor tomorrow. Its bed time for me so I'll talk to you guys in the morning.

JeannieB360

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2009
Central New Jersey, USA
THAG BUILT: A Wolf in Sheeps Clothing! is the only place to order a new Chuck, he custom builds each one, so there's not other vendor sites to look at.

A little chuck is somewhat shorter than a regular chuck and can only run at 3.7v using 1x 16340 batt. The regular chuck can take either a 18650 batt for 3.7v or 2x CR123s or 16340s for 6v. You can find additional battery info here.

Technically 2 16340's in a regular Chuck would give 7.4v, which may fry your atomizer. Jeff recommends 2 3v batteries - the 3v RCR123A's - but it will also take 2 CR2 batteries if you also buy the spacer Jeff sells for another $5 (I think that's the price)

The Little Chuck can also use a 18350 battery that holds the charge longer than the 16340's - 3000mah vs 2400mah. In either case, always get PROTECTED batteries.

Little Chuck body is 3.5 inches long - Regular is 5 inches long. You can order either with a connector for 910, 501 or 801 batteries. Best deal is to get it with the 510 connecter and ALSO get his set of two adapters for $5 for the pair - 1 adapts the 510 to 901 (or KR8088d1 cartomizer) and the other adapts 510 to 801. That way you get the best of 3 or 4 worlds.

JeannieB360

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2009
Central New Jersey, USA
Only difference I've found out about the mini chuck is, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that they cant handle the rc123's so you gotta go with the rc2's which have an EXTREMELY sorry battery life. At least as so I've heard.

The Little Chuck can ONLY do 3.7 volts.

The Big Chuck can do 3.7 with 1 18650 3.7 v batteries or do 6 v with 2 CR123A 3v (or some call them RCR123A's if they're rechargeble) - it was designed for that size. It CAN use 2 CR2's but must also use a separate battery spacer/dummy. Jeff allowed the CR2 option when someone who already owned a lot of CR2 batteries asked if they'd work. So if you've heard bad things about the CR2, use the CR123's.

jeffakamax

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
USA
www.ThagBuilt.com
Check you out with that Forum Sponsor under your name. Is that badass or what!

Yeah... it's like a milkshake and a yard... and only $3.33 per letter monthly. LOL :lol:

I can see it now... Hey baby, have you seen my forum credentials?
hello???? hey... where are you going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread