BWB Cherry Tobacco and Applewood Tobacco/Longest Review Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackinkc

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2011
Kansas City
First Applewood. Well, what can I say that everyone else has not said already. This stuff is amazing. My very first e-juice was applewood from BWB. I had no idea how much almost everything else would be a let down after this. Imagine never vaping before, and the very first flavor is out of this world. I was so excited knowing that there were still hundreds and hundreds of e-juices to try. :) So, I ordered some samples from different people. I believe a total of about 10 or so. All of the juices I ordered had fine TH and Vapor, so I am not putting down the other juices at all. However, nothing comes close to how much I enjoy the flavor of applewood. It's hard to explain. It's more of a subtle flavor. Not overpowering at all, but still sooo sooo good.

Applewood 24MG

Vapor 8/10. I noticed the other companies I tried did have a bit more vapor. Although this still has plenty.
TH 10/10. Perfect amount for me. I am a big TH guy. I use a LR 510 and this give me a perfect throat hit every time.
Flavor 10/10. Subtle, yet so so good. Love the apple aftertaste. Not sweet, but like a real apple.

Cherry Tobacoo

I found out that Don from BWB uses the same tobacco base on this flavor as well. I believe he uses them on more than just this one, but I don't know for sure. I know Melonbacco is another one, and that one is in the mail.

When I first tried Cherry, I was not very excited about it. The Cherry was not nearly as subtle as the apple and it did not have as much of a natural flavor for me. It tasted a bit medicine like. I figured this might be a good juice to have sit for a bit and see what happens. I let it sit for a week, and gave it another shot last night. All the things I like about applewood are now true about Cherry also. The medicine flavor is 100% gone and it's much more a natural flavor. So much so that my mouth sometimes waters after I take a hit. The best thing about this is that I have 28ml left!!!

Cherry 24MG

Vapor 8-10. Same as Applewood
TH 9-10. I do get a tad less th with this than I do Applewood.
Flavor 10-10. I am finding myself enjoying this maybe more than the applewood. I love love love the cherry flavor

I also want to comment about Don's customer service. I am new to this. Probably a bit over excited. lol. I have gone from smoking over 2 packs a day to 0 a day since getting my Joy Mega Ego and Applewood in the mail on Jan. 18th. I have emailed Don 3 times. Once I screwed up the Nic level. Another time I had a question about the base tobacco flavor, and yet another time I asked if he could put together a peach flavor for me. On all 3 occasions he responded very quickly and took care of me. From the looks of this board, I know he is getting slammed right now, so the promptness was not expected on my part.

upstatEpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2010
CNY
good review, Im glad you allowed them some time before you posted your findings. I was never much for the steeping when I first started vaping don's juice but it def makes a difference.
Applewood was one of the first juices I ordered from Don as well and its now usually a staple in one of my bottom feeding mods. It's def a flavor I can't seem to get sick of.
I just tracked my cherry tobacco to my town this am so it should be in my mailbox within the hour, amongst a couple other firsts. Your review isn't the first that I read about cherry needing to stepp so I am going to hold out at least a week before I go for that one.

FreeFlow

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
London, Ontario Canada
www.youtube.com
Good review,

I agree on the Cherry Tobacco. I enjoy the subtle flavor. When I first started vaping it, it was little cherry heavy for me. But now (and I think this has a lot to do with me getting used to the flavor) it's tobacco heavy with just the slightest cherry hint. It's been my standard all day vape for about 4 months now. I couldn't live without it.

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
My bottle of Applewood is about a month old now and it is sooo good!
Smoky apple...very balanced...very smooth.

The bottle of Cherry Tobacco is almost two months old...tastes great...I was overpowered by the cherry at first too.
Has taken on a nice cherry flavor that reminds me of pipe tobacco.

Great review.

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
So Applewood straight out of the box is good? I had read so many reports about allowing it time to steep- I got a bottle delivered last Friday, and have been so tempted to try it. But then I think I will be disappointed with it if I don't let it steep. So I've left it alone so far.

Plus I only bought a small bottle (wanted to make sure I like it), and I only use cartos. So it will take quite a bit of that sample bottle to adequately fill a carto. I'm afraid that will be a waste if I don't give it enough time to steep

Last edited:

Jackinkc

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2011
Kansas City
N2Rock, it was for me. I wrote that about 10 days into it. It certainly has changes since then. Although I really enjoyed it right when I got it also.

Order yourself an atty also. Pick up a cisco 901 or the more popular 510. It's much easier to try juices that way. You must have a lot more will power then I do. I can't not at least try a few drops right when I get it. :)

www.avidvaper.com sells the cisco atty's.

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
Personally I'm not a fan of dripping- just doesn't have the as good of flavor to me. My wife drips all the time and says that cartos don't have as much flavor LOL

Well last night I couldn't resist. I had bought from BWB- Applewood, Green Apple, Watermelon. The Applewood- tasty but the flavor was so subtle it was hard to really experience- Gonna set it aside for a few weeks and come back. Watermelon- This is the 4th vendor I have purchased Watermelon from, and it was completely different taste than they other 3 (although all 3 are different from each other). It was IMHO a better tasting Watermelon than any other, and my wife agreed. But again, the flavor was not a really strong taste, so I'm gonna set it aside too. The Green Apple was very tasty and loads of flavor. I think I can keep vaping this one, no steeping needed.

Also to note, it seemed that the Applewood gave most flavor at lower voltage (3.7 on my Darwin), while the Watermelon and Green Apple seemed to have most flavor on higher voltage (4.8-5.0 on the Darwin).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread