Can I vape any of this NOW???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MnLA

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2013
Left Coast, USA
Hi all!

I've just received a much-anticipated order from mount baker Vapor, and of the flavors I've received, I'm hoping that there's at least one or two I can jump into without steeping. Can anyone help?

I got:

Black Currant
Green Apple
Prickly Pear
Caramel Candy
Dark Chocolate
Clove
Extreme Ice
BACON!!!
Cucumber Mint
Tidal Wave
Razzleberry
Texas Sweet Tea
Black Licorice
Cinnamon Roll
Pooh

Yes, there are two sample flavors in there, 'cuz the last three items were an accident that I want to wait and post about in the MBV Thread when I'm no longer "new"- for now, just know that their CS rocks!

Happy Wednesday!
M

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I agree with Prof.Fogg. Nothing says you can't try any of them right now, but the majority of them should improve with a few days of steep time.

The one exception would be the menthol flavored Extreme Ice -- should be ready upon delivery.

:danger: You didn't say what your juice delivery devices are. I see a couple of flavors that could potentially crack or melt typical clearomizers or tanks made of polycarbonate plastic.

Green Apple and Cinnamon flavors in particular. I wrote a blog article on this subject here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...6-something-safe-cinnamon-citrus-flavors.html

Last edited:
ide honestly try mine out of the mail, if its good ill keep on it, if its a shock and a twisted face then ill mark the bottle with a date and let it steep, and try it next week, if not still mark it again and repeat until its right lol. that way next time i order ill know around how long it takes for some flavors to come to true form.

MnLA

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2013
Left Coast, USA
Hi,

Many thanks to all who replied; I'll start with Extreme Ice today!

The reason I hesitate to try everything right away is that I haven't yanked the polyfill out of a carto yet to do drip tastes, and I don't want to dedicate an intact carto to a flavor that isn't ready to vape. I'll be doing that this weekend...

Happy Wednesday!
M

MnLA

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2013
Left Coast, USA
This is what you need. Great for tasting flavors. Drop in 3/4 drops give it 30seconds and vape. 510 Atomizer (Bridgeless)

Thank you... I've got a Volt though, so it's 808 threaded stuff for me. I saw a video (OutlawVaper?) that showed how to turn one of my cartos into a drip atty. I plan to try that this weekend with one of the less delicious sampler cartos I got with my kit.

Happy Wednesday!
M

Ben Pellett

Unresolved Status
Apr 16, 2013
Illinois, USA
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

madicen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Minglewood
So, I have been known to be a little slow- but what exactly is steeping? Is it simply letting the juice sit around anywhere? I wasn't aware of steeping until I noticed this thread.

My first two flavors will arrive tomorrow (hawaiian delight and creme de menthe) and was planning to simply try them out of the mail.

Thanks!

Steeping is a bit of a misnomer, as you dont add anything to it. Steeping really would be like adding some herbs, or garlic, to olive oil and letting the flavors mix and mingle.

We (the e-cig community) use the term just 'cuse...just one of those things. There are many, many methods of steeping. Me, I leave the tops (and dropper thingie) off for one or two days (depends on if they smell "perfumey" or not), then cap them and let them sit in a cool, dark area. Some use a shoebox, I use a few Pelican boxes as they are air tight and I have a ton of them sitting around from my other hobby (I collect watches). I also shake em up each day when I get home from the office, and will drip them using a bridgeless atty...untill they are good and ready to make the transition over to the "ready to vape" box.

Everyone has their own method :vapor:

Ben Pellett

Unresolved Status
Apr 16, 2013
Illinois, USA
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

rbding

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2013
ashland, ohio
Hi all!

I've just received a much-anticipated order from Mount Baker Vapor, and of the flavors I've received, I'm hoping that there's at least one or two I can jump into without steeping. Can anyone help?

I got:

Black Currant
Green Apple
Prickly Pear
Caramel Candy
Dark Chocolate
Clove
Extreme Ice
BACON!!!
Cucumber Mint
Tidal Wave
Razzleberry
Texas Sweet Tea
Black Licorice
Cinnamon Roll
Pooh

Yes, there are two sample flavors in there, 'cuz the last three items were an accident that I want to wait and post about in the MBV Thread when I'm no longer "new"- for now, just know that their CS rocks!

Happy Wednesday!
M

Cinnamon Roll from them is good out of the box. but heard it can crack plastic tanks. I use a protank and it gets better everyday. between fills it has been steeping for a few days. today it came together (maybe 4 days since it came). the vapor and the taste is awesome

Generally speaking, steeping is only necessary for more complex flavors, say tobacco blends with delicate notes to it. Fruity flavors are usually straightforward and require very little, usually no steeping.

That is true, but even simple flavors caramelize over time too, which can add missing sweetness and or bring out the intended flavor more.

Analog Kicker

Apr 26, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I actually got an order in from baker vapor today aswell. Although my order was a bit smaller only 4 it's pretty interesting to note this info. I got a bottle of extreme ice aswell. Nice to know I can vape that right away when my mod gets here tomorrow:vapor:. This is actually my first ejuice iv'e ever ordered and I was pleasantly surprised about the free bottle after spending 15 bucks! The other two I picked were monster and rose tobacco. The free sample I got was cherry tea. Right now I have them all sitting on a shelf with the cap and dripper off. Every now and then I squeeze the air out and before I go to bed ill cap them up and just shake every now and then. Oh ya I've read that you should give them a good shake before every use aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread