Cana dna 30 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoitstj

Verified Member
Aug 12, 2014
Albany, NY
Cana.jpg

I received my Cana today. So far its great. I had heard that the dna 30 board in these was not Evolv. Which this one is definitely not. I had also heard that the button would not fire until the screen came on....meaning click once for screen then click again to vape. This one i can just pick up and click the button and it vapes. Its great. Anybody have a Cana and have problems? This one is from Cloupor and it has a 6 month warranty.

M3CH M0D M4DN355

Aug 21, 2014
UK
I bought two mini cana's and had one that would just constantly auto fire, sent it back and had a replacement that had messed up threading on the 510 so nothing would fit, sent that one back for a refund. The other one has been OK for now (touch wood).

Edit I just wanted to add that the one that I said has been OK does have its own issues which I forgot to mention, The right/left modes, stealth mode and power lock functions no longer work.
I also didn't mention that these are not Cloupors But Hot cig which are inferior to the Cloupors AFAIK.

Last edited:

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I have an initial release Cloupor 30 Watt "Cana" mod, which has all the of the first release quirks. Intermittantly, you must multi-click it to wake it up, the wattage setting sometimes adjust itself down in .1 increments, the green light does not come on when fully charged, and it's got the fat 510 pin.

None of these issues have kept me from enjoying it daily for the past 4 months.

The biggest annoyance is double and sometimes triple clicking it to wake it up, and that's a minor annoyance at best.

All of the issues have been corrected with the later releases and the new ones are even coming with an adjustable 510 pin.

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
Got my Cloupor DNA30 the last week in June, the only quirk has been the decrease in wattage setting when it sleeps the first time. I set the wattage to something greater than 7.0 and the frist time it sleeps the wattage is 0.1 watts lower than it was set to. It only seems to happen once but it is consistent. Other than that it's been flawless.

M3CH M0D M4DN355

Aug 21, 2014
UK
I just got one of these things yesterday along with a couple new RDAs and I'm really liking it so far. The manual it came with is pretty terrible though. How do you toggle between left/right/stealth mode?

When the device is locked press the fire and + buttons simultaneously for 5 secs to toggle left/right mode, fire and - will toggle stealth mode. This is from memory so apologies if I made a mistake.

M3CH M0D M4DN355

Aug 21, 2014
UK
Ive noticed the battery life on the Cana is not nearly as good as on my vapor shark rdna. Do you think thats because the rdna uses Evolv dna 30 and the Cana uses a different dna 30 board? Maybe they just dont regulate the battery life as well. Same type of batteries. Samsung 18650 20 amp.

Would you say that your are using it about the same amount as the RDNA and do you have the same resistance build on both devices?

It would not surprise me if the legit Evolv chipset is more efficient to be honest.

yoitstj

Verified Member
Aug 12, 2014
Albany, NY
Would you say that your are using it about the same amount as the RDNA and do you have the same resistance build on both devices?

It would not surprise me if the legit Evolv chipset is more efficient to be honest.

The build is very very similar. I do all my builds the same way. Also they are both authentic tugboat RDAs. And yes, I always vape the same as long as I can get away with it. I really do think the Evolc chip is just better.

M3CH M0D M4DN355

Aug 21, 2014
UK
The build is very very similar. I do all my builds the same way. Also they are both authentic tugboat RDAs. And yes, I always vape the same as long as I can get away with it. I really do think the Evolc chip is just better.

The authentic will use much higher quality components, better soldering and probably lower resistance wire inside the RDNA vs the Cana. The Canas are good value if you get a good one but I have been unlucky and had 2 duds and a working but not fully functioning one.

yoitstj

Verified Member
Aug 12, 2014
Albany, NY
The authentic will use much higher quality components, better soldering and probably lower resistance wire inside the RDNA vs the Cana. The Canas are good value if you get a good one but I have been unlucky and had 2 duds and a working but not fully functioning one.

Mine is definitely functional. Everything works great. Just the battery life isnt what it should be. Due to this it will stay at home most of the time. The vapor shark rdna will still be my daily.

yoitstj

Verified Member
Aug 12, 2014
Albany, NY
The battery life has improved and i think ive figured out why. I was vaping a 1.6 ohm coil at 11 watts and the ohm was blinking on the display. Which means the device is not regulating power. You're just vaping at whatever voltage your battery gives you. Which will kill your battery quick, just like a mech. I went up to 13 watts and its not blinking and the battery seems to have gotten better.

Dampmaskin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
Norway
www.steam-engine.org
I don't think that's it. The blinking just means that the DNA is doing the same thing that you did manually: Bring the wattage up to a level where the output voltage is the same, or higher, than the battery voltage.

At least that's what I suppose a real DNA does. With the clones, it seems you can't really be sure of anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread