• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Canada Post is bunk!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlondieLocs

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Calgary, AB Canada
I am soooo ...... right now. I paid $30+ for Xpresspost shipping for "Next day or 2 days" guaranteed delivery. That was on Tuesday. The delivery date was to be today.

So this morning I received an email from Canada Post saying that they attempted delivery, and left a notice card for me to pick up my item. We have community mailboxes, so they don't deliver door-to-door.

I went to the post office.... check my mailbox. No card. I went to the front desk. (Well, only desk.) The lovely lady there said nope. Nothing came in for me today. She recognized me because I picked up another package yesterday and told her I should be receiving one today. She told me to check back on Monday.

MONDAY! Now I get to spend another $45 on cigarettes. I'm smoking a pack a day again. :mad::mad::mad:

kanadiankat

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
Alberta, Canada
www.electrovapors.com
Hey BlondiLocs,

When an Xpresspost card is left - the delivery driver will usually wait until the end of the day to give the package to the post office. BUT - if you didn't get a card - that's not good. it may be in someone else's box. Contact the sender - have them file a trace on it. Generally it shows up right away when a trace is put on. Otherwise - worthwhile to check just before the post office closes and see if the package is there. Have them check for it by your name though - rather than address.

good luck - ---

BlondieLocs

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Calgary, AB Canada
Sorry all this happened to you. Don't sweat it too much, you'll be back on track very soon - don't forget to always have a bunch of spare everything.

If you've been following my saga in other threads, I had enough to get me through until another shipment. I had 3 batteries and 3 attys. Due to epic failure, and my boyfriend's idiocy (He lost one of my ecigs and my other 2 attys died on the same day. Odd.), I was left with nothing. Which was why I paid the extra $$ for Xpresspost. If I had known they were going to screw up so royally, I would have just paid the $15 for regular shipping.

BlondieLocs

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Calgary, AB Canada
Hey BlondiLocs,

When an Xpresspost card is left - the delivery driver will usually wait until the end of the day to give the package to the post office. BUT - if you didn't get a card - that's not good. it may be in someone else's box. Contact the sender - have them file a trace on it. Generally it shows up right away when a trace is put on. Otherwise - worthwhile to check just before the post office closes and see if the package is there. Have them check for it by your name though - rather than address.

good luck - ---

Small Town Alberta, remember? The drivers do not come to our doors. Everything is left at community mailbox/post office. They only come once a day - first thing in the morning. The email I received this morning says:

Tracking Number: 9337974209095928
Order Number: D106837009
Reference Number: 6590

Shipment Status: Attempted Delivery (carded) on January 28, 2011

Canada Post attempted to deliver this item to the recipient. This item is now available for pick up at the local Post Office listed on the delivery card presented to the recipient. A piece of photo identification will be required to pick up this item.

Online tracking says:

2011/01/28 08:09 STANDARD Attempted delivery. Notice card left indicating where item can be picked up.

Like I said, there was no card. And the postmistress says she received nothing for me.

BlondieLocs

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Calgary, AB Canada
Woah, what vendor charges $30 for expresspost? It's always been like $9.00 for me.

That was Happy Vaper. I ordered an eGo kit and a few other items. He said he only charges what Canada Post charges him. Although for "Guaranteed 2 day delivery" I'm thinking we should both get a refund.

ETA: Perhaps you're thinking Expedited Parcels. That's different.

BlondieLocs

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Calgary, AB Canada
I guess how far away you are makes a difference, sorry wasn't accounting for that.

Yup. ;)

And just a quick update: I just went back to the Post Office with the email confirmation I received from Canada Post. The postmistress looked through all of the parcels she had (all 5 of them). Nada. She said she was there at 8:09 - actually at 7:30 - when the mail truck supposedly delivered. The mail truck is actually a semi that delivers supplies to the Post Office, and the Hardware/Liquor/Grocery store.

So she sent me to the hardware on the off chance it got delivered over there. Nope.

I can firmly say my package is no where in the Village of Standard. There's only 500 people here. We would (and probably all do now) know about it.

Infojunkie

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
I have had the same issue. I asked Jack not to put signature required so that they would just put it in my community mailbox, which they did. Not sure if you have the same brown ones? They have left most packages there for me, unless it was from the states or required a signature. An e-cig delivery is plenty small enough to fit in there.
If you look around the canada post site...really DIG, there's a blurb there that if the post carriers are too busy they will not deliver to your door and may not leave a card the same day. Sucks.

Vanisle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Courtenay B.C. Canada
Maybe you could post in the emergency needs section to see if there is another Canada Vapor within on hour of you. People do great things in the PIF forum here at ECF. What a drag. I feel for you.

Kat from Electro Vapors is just outside of Calgary I think. Close to Standard? I can't say enough good things about her and Electro Vapors. You can't go wrong with her.

BlondieLocs

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Calgary, AB Canada
I have had the same issue. I asked Jack not to put signature required so that they would just put it in my community mailbox, which they did. Not sure if you have the same brown ones? They have left most packages there for me, unless it was from the states or required a signature. An e-cig delivery is plenty small enough to fit in there.
If you look around the canada post site...really DIG, there's a blurb there that if the post carriers are too busy they will not deliver to your door and may not leave a card the same day. Sucks.

I live in a village. Yes, that's right... village. The population here is a whopping 500 people. (I think they're lying about that. I think it's more like 50.) Our community mailboxes are actually IN the post office... which is all the way across town (read: two blocks) from my house. Postal carriers NEVER come to our houses. We don't even have mailboxes. We have to go to the post office to pick up our mail. Normally, I would grab the little notice card from my P.O. Box, walk across the room to the counter and hand it to the postmistress. The packages are all behind her on a shelf. There's really no way for them to screw this up, and we've received many packages here before.

What I especially don't get is this:

2011/01/28 08:09 STANDARD Attempted delivery. Notice card left indicating where item can be picked up.
2011/01/25 21:47 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
16:48 RICHMOND HILL Item accepted at the Post Office
13:42 RICHMOND HILL Order information received by Canada Post

Really? It flew right into Standard and bypassed Calgary completely?

Can_supplier

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Canada
What I especially don't get is this:

Canada Post's tracking is the next thing to meaningless.. Just because is say delievered doesn't mean it was, or they even atempted..

Look for it Monday, it has to be 3 days late before you know its lost ;) Odds, 75% for Monday, 20% Tuesday, 5% lost in outerspace..

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
Jack can contact Canada Post (actually, as shipper I believe it is him that must initiate the search), and get it tracked. If it has met some "monkey business" as I've had happen to me in the past from other vendors, he would have to make the claim of loss. All shipments of those sorts have a max insured value of $100, and can be increased for a fee to cover the value of the goods.

If it doesn't show by Monday, I would just contact Jack or Rob and I'm sure they'll get things straightened out.

BlondieLocs

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Calgary, AB Canada
Maybe you could post in the emergency needs section to see if there is another Canada Vapor within on hour of you. People do great things in the PIF forum here at ECF. What a drag. I feel for you.

Kat from Electro Vapors is just outside of Calgary I think. Close to Standard? I can't say enough good things about her and Electro Vapors. You can't go wrong with her.

This is exactly what ended up happening, actually. Right after my first post, Kat sent me a PM offering to hook me up FOR FREE. She gave me a 510 battery (even loaned me her personal charger) and a couple cartomizers. I also wanted to buy a bottle of B&H juice (seeing as how I've been smoking the last couple days, I figured my DIY cheesecake mixes wouldn't cut it), but they don't take credit cards, so she gave that to me too on credit.

I'm telling ya... when payday comes and there's money in the bank account again, I'm ordering more juice from this woman. (She also let it leak that they may have new juices coming in for when that happens. Not sure how much I'm allowed to say about that, but I am EXCITED!)

Anyway... Kudos to KanadianKat. YOU ROCK!!!

BlondieLocs

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Calgary, AB Canada
Jack can contact Canada Post (actually, as shipper I believe it is him that must initiate the search), and get it tracked. If it has met some "monkey business" as I've had happen to me in the past from other vendors, he would have to make the claim of loss. All shipments of those sorts have a max insured value of $100, and can be increased for a fee to cover the value of the goods.

If it doesn't show by Monday, I would just contact Jack or Rob and I'm sure they'll get things straightened out.

Oh, come on... You don't think contacting Jack was the first thing I did? LOL

He already sent me an email with his profuse apologies and ensures that he will find out what happened and request a refund for me. He also said that if I had been closer he would have found a way to get stuff to me personally.

And my epic drama (as most of you have been following for days :facepalm: ), my friends, is a true testament to the stand-up vendors we have here in Canada.

BlondieLocs

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Calgary, AB Canada
Canada Post's tracking is the next thing to meaningless.. Just because is say delievered doesn't mean it was, or they even atempted..

Look for it Monday, it has to be 3 days late before you know its lost ;) Odds, 75% for Monday, 20% Tuesday, 5% lost in outerspace..

I don't think it's lost. I think it will be here on Monday. I'm just ...... that I spent $30 for delivery that is guaranteed "Next day to 2 days". Otherwise, I would have just saved my money and had it shipped Regular Parcel... which, from past experience, would have landed here Monday or Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread