Can't get my Alien to TC with SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthonyjl

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
I have tried using ss316 with my alien 220 and can't get the tc mode to work properly. I'm running dual coils in my aromamizer supreme v2. I have done 5 and 6 wrap setups with a 3mm diameter. Sometimes it hits fine and others it goes straight into temp protection. Others it will hit way too hard. Yes my connections are tight and no the coils aren't touching anything. I dry fire the wire at low wattage before letting it cool then switch to tc. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks.

Joakim Langborg

Aug 3, 2017
The Watt you pick is just how fast ramp-up you want for it to get to the picked temperature, if you want the desire temperature to hit fast go with a higher Watt and if you want a softer vape pick a lower wattage. The temperature protection isn't something bad it's just an induction that you hit the temp you picked.
I would start below 420f /210C tho at those temps there's no risk of dryhits.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The Alien has serious TC issues. The most recent firmware update to 1.3.2 (if you have the A version mod, no idea what or when they're doing the B version) does improve performance, but even then, while serviceable, it's not the mod's strong point. Still, serviceable with 1.3.2 beats the pretty much useless with earlier firmware.

anthonyjl

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
The Alien has serious TC issues. The most recent firmware update to 1.3.2 (if you have the A version mod, no idea what or when they're doing the B version) does improve performance, but even then, while serviceable, it's not the mod's strong point. Still, serviceable with 1.3.2 beats the pretty much useless with earlier firmware.
I suspected the device itself. I'm no pro but I'm good enough to make a standard loose wrap tc coil. I tried a firmware update yesterday and couldn't find it for the alien. I'll have to try again tonight. Thanks

Reactions: Eskie

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
When I was using g priv I would have to occ do factory reset to get tc working with some efficiency. Frankly I doubt I'll buy another Smok mod/tank. Still use tfv4 sometimes & enjoy it. Last one I liked enough to not put back in box. BBB not bad with rba, but not as good IMO as rta's I currently use.

Joakim Langborg

Aug 3, 2017
Haven't had any issues even before I updated to 1.3.2. only use ss316l for both Watt and TC, often run between 200-230C ~400-450f and like a soft ramp-up to picked temperature, so often set Watt around the same I use for power-mode.

Maybe there will be problem with alien if you set Watt to high and it over power the coil, it's not an expensive DNA-mod :)

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Here's the upgrade firmware page for the Smok 220w version A.
NuMicro ISP Programming Tool for Alien V1.3.2 (Not for AL85)--SMOK® Innovation keeps changing the vaping experience!

Here's how to tell if you have Version A or B. The firmware V1.3.2 linked above is for version A.
"There are A and B two versions of Alien220 mod with the same function as for its improvement of MCU. Edition A will display V1.x.x (newest is V1.3.2) when powered on, while edition B will display VB1.x.x (newest is VB1.0.2). Please make sure the device version and download the corresponding version before firmware upgrading, for A and B version is totally different and cannot be employed universally."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread