Caravela look-alikes or other simple looking mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenshi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
United States
I really like the Caravela and mech mods like the Poldiac. Unfortunately my wallet is not that steep but I'm hopeful of cheaper alternatives.

Any ideas on Caravela look-alikes or other simple mech mods? Just a plain-jane tube, maybe brushed steel or brass/bronze, that is fully mechanical?

Gp paps v2 1 with kayfun.jpg
If you have the money, Poldiac. If you're looking for a simple but extremely effective mod, I like the GP Paps v2.1. Not too expensive, really nice with only a GP logo on the bottom, super smooth threading & button action. The only drawback (if some see it as a drawback... Is that you can not stand it upright unless you lock it because it fires otherwise)

The Origin is coming out in May I believe. That is a real beauty too. Simple but elegant. Not sure the price though. Contact KoreaVape on FB if interested.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=534875836556944&set=o.486672918057176&type=1&theater

Last edited:

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
there are cheap mech mods that work great, only slightly sub par to the expensive stuff, like the K100, nZonic? sigelei telescopes, etc...just find one within your price range and you like the looks of, get one without solder and upgrade the contacts to brass for $10 or less.

NZonic is in no way cheap or is it in remotely the same category as the K100 or other cheap Chinese clones.

It's on par with the Roller, 69 and other mods in its price range.

------------------
Sent using psychic mind control powers... and Tapatalk

forg1vn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Orange County, CA, USA
NZonic is in no way cheap or is it in remotely the same category as the K100 or other cheap Chinese clones.

------------------

um ok my bad...$180 dang, didnt think something from the philipines would cost that much

Xylocaine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The Natural (unless it has changed) has plated contacts so you will suffer an extreme voltage drop unless you sand the plating off the contacts to reveal the brass underneath. If you don't want to fiddle with that the iSeason is nice with a simple spring replacement (using a brass or silver spring)

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
It kinda hurts seeing someone comparing a Filipino mod to other cheap China mods. I was kinda proud when I learned that locally made mods were already sold overseas, but now.. *sigh* :(

It's shocking... Because the PI mods are top quality.

Philippines is the Greece of Asia as far as I'm concerned.
(yeah I totally stole that from someone else... I just have no idea who it was LOL)

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.

------------------

You forgot to add "in quality" just because something is expensive, doesnt mean it is well made or its materials are good.

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
I agree, the Filipino PVs have nothing in common to " china made mass produced " products except that they are asian. It shows some peoples ignorance in lumping all asian products as the same. It would be to say that all american made products are superior.

Actually, it would be like assuming USA products are just like Mexican products, cause they're both from North America.

------------------

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
You forgot to add "in quality" just because something is expensive, doesnt mean it is well made or its materials are good.

Actually, I thought I covered that, by stating it's not even in the same category as the K100 or other cheap China clones...

To be crystal clear:

NZonic and the other PI mods are every bit as good as the mods out of Greece... In quality, materials and craftsmanship.

They unfortunately also cost about the same as other high end mods :)

------------------

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread