Mech Mod care supplies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanessaHuxtable

Sep 27, 2013
USA
In the past few months I have purchased a few mech mods. And boy are they pretty.

Looking for some advice and general tips on how to keep them clean, shiny, and working properly.

I'm not sure what to use to clean stainless steel (polished or brushed) and brass. And the silver contacts! What's the best way to clean silver plated contacts?

Thus far I have been using little alcohol prep pads from the drug store and giving the threads, contacts and body a once over. I also wipe the mods down with a microfiber cloth. Is it really that simple or am I missing something? Anyone have anything special in their mechanical mod cleaning arsenal?

Madmullet

Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA, USA, Earth
Flitz Gun & Knife Care Kit is a good start. Its a good all around metal care kit and a produce called Renaissance Wax for cleaning and protecting your Mods exterior looks. Also remember that Brass and Copper mods will oxidize and get a patina on them that adds to the beauty to them but if you do not like it got to keep them polished up. This might sound funny but I had a huge leak happen on a tank that was on top of one of my mech mods and it sat untouched flr like a week and got all gummed up. At that point I said what the heck and put it in my Dish washer in the silverware basket and it came out like new. I have used the flitz and Renaissance wax for over 10 years on my High end knife collection that makes the most expensive Mech mods look cheap to keep them in tip top shape.

porkchopbun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Northern CALI, USA
1. Dawn, the basic blue bottle of soap, for quick rinse
2. cheap ultra sonic cleaning machine + liquid...this is pretty useful for "clones" with so much machine oil, removes the smell of e-juice that spill over, also great for cleaning tanks, such as Pro tanks, my RBA/D, etc
3. I use Eagle one Never Dull for my "Brass" clones, works great but dam, it's greasy on the hands. have good polishing rag to wipe off the excess.
4. I use Swan 99% isopropyl alcohol to clean my contacts, but I'm pretty sure you can get away with 91% generic brand at your local store.
5. TBD, I bought silver plating liquid kit from Europe, some of silver plated contacts are wearing off my mechs, where I can see the copper, so I'll give that a try

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread