Cerberus Chat, Pics, Builds & Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

mujuru

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2013
The O.C.
I struggled a little bit with this one... kind of fugly... but it'll work for now... i'll have to rebuild it soon, but keeping this for now since i want to vape it.
28g 10 wraps/14g blunt tip .5ohms.
mujuru-albums-mods-picture346722-20140615084726canon-eos-40d19785818011.jpg

mujuru-albums-mods-picture346723-20140615084753canon-eos-40d19785830023.jpg

mujuru-albums-mods-picture346724-20140615085704canon-eos-40d19785832025.jpg

Edit: I need some 9mg juice... 18mg is kicking my .... in this... headrush, but not in a good way. I'm definitely gonna need to play with builds on this... i'm not liking these coils very much. But i will say, the draw is SUPER smooth, even compared to my TOBH: i wasn't expecting that.

Last edited:

Dhim

Verified Member
Dec 21, 2009
Jersey
I just got mine in the mail today. So far I am absolutely loving the hybrid look of it. Tinkering around with builds and cotton at the moment, but I actually kind of like the offset coil. The device pulls in just so much air, its insane. The deck is deceiving. You want to cram it with cotton to hold extra juice, but doing that kills the airflow. Less is actually more here and I have lessened the wick since the picture here. Anyhoo, here are some pics.
B3w760Nm.jpg

1E7pF2cm.jpg

sXWxNXhm.jpg

428zOJZm.jpg

Attachments

• B3w760Nm.jpg
    B3w760Nm.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 1E7pF2cm.jpg
    1E7pF2cm.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 60
  • sXWxNXhm.jpg
    sXWxNXhm.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 58

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
I just got mine in the mail today. So far I am absolutely loving the hybrid look of it. Tinkering around with builds and cotton at the moment, but I actually kind of like the offset coil. The device pulls in just so much air, its insane. The deck is deceiving. You want to cram it with cotton to hold extra juice, but doing that kills the airflow. Less is actually more here and I have lessened the wick since the picture here. Anyhoo, here are some pics.
B3w760Nm.jpg

1E7pF2cm.jpg

sXWxNXhm.jpg

428zOJZm.jpg

If you're liking it now then you should position your coils more in front of the AFC holes on the body. I think you will be blown away at the vapor and flavor!

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
Got the vertical build up and running, still used a decent amount of cotton pad but since it lays flat on the deck I'm getting excellent airflow, even with one of the holes shut it seems better/smoother than it was with my previous build. The adjustable center terminal is nice, I was able to shift it closer to the negative to get some nice short legs. I used 28g instead of 26g since I only have MNKEs and I don't feel too comfortable with such low resistance. Totaled out at .45 ohm, the vapor is pretty cool but seems to be greater in quantity than my last build, surprising considering this is a lot less power. Maybe the better airflow inside the chamber had something to do with it, either way it's working great! I'm always surprised with the flavor this thing gives out being so large. Thanks for the inspiration!

1.jpg 22.jpg 2.jpg

Last edited:

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
had the opportunity to handle one... I like the layout of the center post... altho the one I looked at was a clone, ( no name box) I did find one issue that kept me from getting it. The lower metal portion below the Oring on the base was a bit too wide, once you pushed the sleeve all the way down, it was impossible to move it to change the airflow. Thinking it may have been a dry Oring causing the issue, I removed the Oring and tried it again. Same issue... the tolerances between the sleeve and base are too close.... its almost a press fit

sedge

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Palm Springs, CA
Great look build Uncle. I'm glad you are enjoying it. The flavor of the Cerberus is fantastic. Surprising for such a large atty but I'm sure it has to do with the reduced concave chamber.

Though I'm an authentic only guy, I use to purchase clones. I never stated in the OP that this was a no-clone zone.

The AFC on the authentic is smooth.

Last edited:

dykealiscious

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2014
Seattle
Has anybody else received a Cerebus who wants to share?
Just got mine. Very easy to short I found. The center cylinder wasn't pushed all the way in so it was too loose causing shorts. And the negative screws are so close to the deck edge if you don't clip it Sooooo close it touches the top cap and again, won't fire. Now I have that all worked out and at .45 it tastes great but it's not very cloudy. Boo. Lol. Will see how I play with it. Using a Megan mod.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread