Cheapest 100mg Nicotine Base to Start Storing in Freezer (also glass vs plastic bottle questions and saftey)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Cunningham

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
North Carolina, USA
I'm really going manic and worried about the FDA issues and I want to start preparing to store nicotine base.

I've been reading the freezer with a PG base is the best way to do it. But the bottles I've bought before come in plastic/plastic like containers.

Are their any cheap (I'm on a tight budget) sites like RTS maybe that would be the best place to get it? It's just they don't seem to sell them in glass bottles. Do any reasonably priced bases come in glass vials online?

So if I can't buy it with the glass bottles, I'm guessing I need to buy glass vials. Might be nice to buy them all at the same place, but I'm thinking ebay might be cheaper for the vials.

Oh, and do the vials need to come in a certain color like blue or amber to last longer?

I read to keep as much air out as possible. I have a big freezer outside but I'm worried it might be colder than a normal freezer. I don't have any money right now so I'm going to have to save as much as possible and for shelf life reasons buy at the last minute I can and hope the stuff lasts 3+years.

But on a budget, I can't buy 30-50 amber bottles and fill them with the plastic containers like RTS sells.

What do you guys think is a good size bottle to get, maybe 60ml+ bottles, keep as much air out as possible and put them in a freezer storage bag? I mean even 100ml-1000ml bottles would be fine, I just need to know I have enough to last as long as possible but I don't want to store so much after a few years half of it would go bad. And if it does go "bad", does this just mean the nic levels might drop or would the nicotine start to taste bad or be unsafe?

Any good websites on bulk 100mg nic base and decent size glass bottles (amber ones?) would be highly appreciated. And if possible maybe even just get a big glass nic base, maybe a liter to put in the back, then get another liter to put in 60ml bottles or so.

Thanks guys,

Will

Will Cunningham

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
North Carolina, USA
Oh wow, this won't be too expensive for the bottles at all! 120ml Cobalt Blue Glass Bottle

I think I might stick to RTS, I bought from them once but I liked the amber glass bottles from the place before that. But I'll just fill up some 60-120ml bottles to store :)

So does the blue work as well as the amber colors? (and should clear glass not be used?)

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
A recent thread on a very similar subjuct http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/575388-where-buy-cheapest-nicotine.html

I bought 1 liter last week, along with 3 8oz. (240ml) bottles. I split the nic into the 3 bottles plus 2 120ml bottles I already had, put those into the freezer and kept out the small amount left over to use right now. Once I use up the small bottles, I'll take a large bottle out of the freezer and split it into smaller bottles. I'll probaly split up the 120ml bottles into smaller ones when I start using them.

Since the inside of the freezer is dark, I don't think the glass color really matters. I get blue bottles when I can, since they are prettier.

Last edited:

joesquid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Chesapeake, Va
Oh wow, this won't be too expensive for the bottles at all! 120ml Cobalt Blue Glass Bottle

I think I might stick to RTS, I bought from them once but I liked the amber glass bottles from the place before that. But I'll just fill up some 60-120ml bottles to store :)

So does the blue work as well as the amber colors? (and should clear glass not be used?)

Check out this site. I just ordered a dozen 120ml amber bottles fo $2.52/doz. Caps were about 6 cents each.

http://packagingoptionsdirect.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread