Status
Not open for further replies.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Does the job market suck there? You have so many skills that I would think you wouldn't have any problem finding a job.

Lightning has passed for awhile but more on the way. I was hearing thunder but didn't see any lightning. I might have to disappear again.
Sucks for me, because I never finished college (everybody wants college grads now, since the recession when everybody was out of work - that set the bar way higher), and I took off for 7 years to take care of parents. Plus the age thing. So I'm either over- or under-qualified for stuff. :oops:

Last edited:

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    I see it now. :thumb: Bruise doesn't look too bad, Celti. No pain, right?
    No just tender to the touch (I'm so weird... i poke my bruises. not hard just to gauge the tenderness) I actually thought it was going to be a big black and blue bruise but it didn't. :?: If you can see the swollen part, that whole area has the tender bruise feeling but no visible bruise. Weird.:)

tmcase

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2011
    Okay as promised.... bruised foot complete with ant bites from a couple days earlier than logged foot.... lol! please ignore the dirtiness... was walking bare footed in the yard.:blush: you can tell it is still a little swollen... I won't rest my poor little tootsie... Don't care love my firepit!:evil:

Oooo! I can't "like" that post. :cry:. I hope that swelling goes down soon.

tmcase

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2011
    Sucks for me, because I never finished college (everybody wants college grads now, since the recession when everybody was out of work - that set the bar way higher), and I took off for 7 years to take care of parents. Plus the age thing. So I'm either over- or under-qualified for stuff. :oops:

You're good with construction and fixing things. Have you thought about sub-contracting for a construction company? You probably have if you are interested in that but thought I'd ask. :blush:

tmcase

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2011
    1561223_orig.jpg

Semiretired

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 24, 2011
    Middle Georgia
    If you can see the swollen part, that whole area has the tender bruise feeling but no visible bruise.

Had the same thing happen to my knee a couple of months ago - minor bruising - large swelling. They took an Xray and told me I had overstretched the ligaments and that was what was causing the swelling. Takes longer to heal.

tmcase

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2011
    Had the same thing happen to my knee a couple of months ago - minor bruising - large swelling. They took an Xray and told me I had overstretched the ligaments and that was what was causing the swelling. Takes longer to heal.

I had a similar experience with falling and landing on the side of my ankle. Lots of swelling and it took forever to go down.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    Sitting down, facing forward.
    moanin', Voltalytes, and Happy Mothers Day!

Celt, I suspect, is a so called "deep bruise" where the actual bruise, hematoma, is well below the surface and can't be seen. Overstretching ligaments hurts, Semi, no fun at all and a long recovery time.

The end of the outside yard work is finally in sight. Mrs. Awsum has gotten the garden cleaned out so I can rototill it, I've gotten my enclosure for the large mulch completed far enough to start using it, the weeds have been harvested in the "front forty", AKA the lawn is mowed and, today, we'll take a ride and get some tomato plants and other odds and ends from Lowes. After that we'll start on finishing the backyard. That's just rake the leaves away from the fence lines, clean them up by bagging with the mower and mowing the rest of the back yard. I'm hoping to get the garden planted on Tuesday.

Along the way I created another cubic yard of top soil from mulch and dirt that had to be moved, somehow, for the mulch enclosure. I think I'm going to get a landscapers rake so I can really level out the areas where the created topsoil is going. Once it's leveled out I'll "roll" it using the tractor using the tires, too cheap to buy a real roller.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
    Yep, you did a number on your foot with that log, kid :(

Happy Mothers Day, Voltmoms.

We are doing Mothers Day tomorrow. We aren't fond of crowds.

I hope Hubby feels good when he wakes up. I have a shade cover I want put together.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
    I don't know how much energy I have, Semi. It's more like gotta get it done somehow. Right now I feel older than I am, everything aches.

Me, too, awsum. Somehow it all has to get done so I try to keep going:)

I have done a magnificent job of weeding this year. Yes, there will be weeding for the rest of the year but I am down to a reasonable amount. I like to weed a little bit almost every morning.

We definitely have an armoire to finish putting together, a shade cover to assemble, a 40x80 veggie garden to spread compost on and rototill and some critter pens to clean out. I hope we get it all done this weekend. We shall see.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 2, 2011
    Twilight Zone
    I don't know how much energy I have, Semi. It's more like gotta get it done somehow. Right now I feel older than I am, everything aches.

I saw a sign in a Dr. office with one of those lists of aging signs, you know you're getting old when. One of the tings on the list was
    Everything hurts, and what doesn't hurt probably isn't working right anyway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread