Not open for further replies.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
Hello Everyone,

Just a note to let you know I'm still around and kickin'. Sorry to hear about First Officer. And, I'm also sorry to read about Penny, Lizzie. :(

Don't worry about me, folks. There are times when my symptoms are firing up, and I just don't feel at all sociable. Basically, I crawl under that rock that Celti is looking for. Better days ahead ...

I'd better hope that today is one of them because I'm going to be leaving for the MS Walk in about an hour. I may wobble rather than walk, but I'll get 'er done!! I'm determined.

Good news from my home front: My son just got a new job. His old job was good, but he was recruited to a job that is doing the same thing with less utilities to deal with. It's salary WITH overtime! Best of all, it will pay about $7,000 more than what he's making now. He starts on Tuesday when he'll be getting his company Jeep, laptop, tablet and I-phone. YAY!

I may lay low sometimes, but I'm still here. :wub:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
First . . .
dont-worry-be-happy-smiley-emoticon.gif

THANKS EVERYONE - I appreciate the words of encouragement & support . . .
boy-thank-you-smiley-emoticon.gif

NOW - Although, I am not experiencing anything near what our @rave and "Mrs. Wuzz" is going through at the moment - I'm still around, however I'm just being a . . .
sign41.gif

As for not posting as much - honestly I am not feeling it (Physically, mentally, & emotionally - yet) & I really am not up to par yet either . . . Just plan tired most of the time . . .AND - Even though I am being allowed to go through "Cardiac Rehab" for the past couple of weeks - it has been extremely limited . . . Also I had a couple of X-Rays done this past month and they found that I have "fluid" in one of "My" lungs that NEEDS to be dealt with too . . . So all in all - I'm alright . . .​

"My" Body
happy-pillow-fight-games-smiley-emoticon.gif
"My" Emotions

kia2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2012
USA
Hello, old friends.

I've missed you all. I answered a CASAA vape survey today, and it made me a little "homesick," so to speak. So, I came to see the ol' homestead.

But I see life has dealt us all some doozies, lately. My thoughts are with you all (Uncle, Rave, Wuzz... and everyone, really).

Much loves, all!

kia2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2012
USA
Wonderful to hear from you, Kia. It's been too long. So you are still vaping????

Yes, I am still vaping. It's helped me a lot, to give up the tobacco cigarettes. If there is anything in my body which is actually ok, it is my heart and lungs.

I retired officially from work in December 2013 for medical reasons. Unfortunately, it took nearly 2-1/2 years and a lawyer to finalize my retirement, and my health insurance went into limbo for that time. It is the last step needed before I can return to my doctors.

I had two surgeries in 2014. I'm still recovering, but more or less feeling ok. When I returned and saw the friends' hardships here, I felt immediate kinship and care, and I very much wish everyone well again, or at least the love from my heart.

Last edited:

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Prayers for my Voltville Family! @rave I'm hoping they can Identify whatever that crap is that has taken such a strong hold on your body. @Uncle You are still getting prayers/good vibes/ and thoughts sent your way, deal with it! :sneaky::p We :wub: you and want y'all better and back with us full time. @Wuzznt Me I'm still praying for you and Mrs. Wuzz.

Hi Volties! :):):)

Tritium

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 12, 2013
    Your nearest hydrogen bomb.
    H
    Anyone heard from Tritium recently?
    I am still here awsum. Got a small sunburn and wore no hat today and recovering.

Nope - Not directly, the last entry he made on FB was on Sunday too . . . :(

Although, I think "Trit" would, could, and will survive . . . I Really Hope that "Trit" is . . .

ok-yellow-smiley-emoticon.gif
    I see you are spying on me huh? :p
    Actually lately i don't even try, i gave up.

He'll be fine. Given how deep he is into gardening and finding mushrooms, and all the livestock farmers in his rural area, he won't starve. Given his knowledge of English and German and technology, if all else fails, he will have to move-- although we know how much he loves his country.
    Not in the mood to do anything, moving is out of the question i can barely lift my self off the bed. Food is not ready yet and no mushrooms on the summer, we have a mini heat wave of 32C (89.6F) here now till Friday.

Actually, NO - I could care less about the "NEED" for some men to make sure people know how "macho" or "heterosexual" they are - or about making sure they don't "lose" their "Man Card" by doing something that might/might not make people think any less of them . . . PLEASE ! ! ! I'm so over that . . . More importantly, what is so very funny is when they say the things they do - they don't realize that so many people already think less of them being a "Real MAN" . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

AND - Te be perfectly honest, I cannot say who it is, what they did - nor what they said/didn't say that made "Me" annoyed . . . Remember where "We" are . . . ;)
    I use flint on my testies to light a fire :D:D:D

Thank's for thinking about me, i hope you are all happy and healthy.

Cindy congrats on your 4 years :)

tmcase

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2011
    Hey guys, I just wanted to let you all know that Rave is doing better so you wouldn't worry about her. She normally doesn't post on weekends and Monday is her regroup day so I'm pretty sure she will be back by Tues.

It has been in the 80's here most of the week but near 90 in my house. A/C can't keep up with the heat. :( We are expecting nasty weather all weekend and possible into Monday with possible severe storms with lightning. I'm looking forward to the lightning and hoping the rain will fill my pond-not. :D

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 20, 2009
    Raven's Haven, Indiana
    Hiya Voltville!!

Just thought I'd drop in and let ya all know that I'm still kickin'. I've been able to wrap my head around my sister's passing. In about a week, I'll be going to her second memorial service in Ohio. My BF will be taking me. He's taking vacation time to get off of work, bless his heart. While I'm in Ohio, I'll also be able to see my remaining sister and at least two of my brothers. Dunno if the other one can make it. It'll be a reunion. I'll be bringing my sister home with me for a few days of R&R in my little forest refuge here. It's been so long since I've seen her. She doesn't even think she's met my son who is 27 years old!

Last Sunday evening, my friend from high school arrived here. We had a lot to catch up on after not being in contact for 40 years. It was a hoot! She's the same fearless gal that I knew way back when. Just wiser and less naive. She was even up to trekking up the creek all the way to The Cliffs. That's a long hike to make through water. It's just about the only way you can get there. She left on Tuesday. :(

Oh! And I called the barred owls in for her. She was rather dubious about the whole thing and couldn't believe it when the mated pair showed up and started hooting it up maniacally. The call that draws them in is a male call, and they were trying to drive me from their territory. :laugh: I don't keep it up for long and let them think that they have won so that they can go back to the business of being owls.

Yesterday I had lab work done. Going to the doctor always brings on "white coat fever" and I locked my keys in Jeepers like an idiot. :facepalm: Had to wait outside in the rain and cold (it was in the 40's) until the locksmith showed up. Meanwhile, my future daughter in law was having surgery on her shoulder. She's doing well now. Well, she's got some pretty darned good painkillers, so she oughta be doin' well! :laugh:

So much has gone on while I was away that I can't possibly comment to all of it. But

Welcome Ducklady!!

welcome.gif

Glad you got some rain, Lizzie. Hope you get some too, Awsum, Semi, and Wuzz. Hang in there, Sandy. If you feel like getting involved with the horses, go for it. But only if you think it won't cause you additional heartache over Penny. C'Mon Terry - I know yer out there. I can hear you breathing! :laugh:

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 20, 2009
    Raven's Haven, Indiana
    It was a no-go on the sweet potato french fries. My future daughter-in-law made 'em from scratch awhile back. Nope. :blush: On the bright side, I found out that you can glean 350mg of potassium from one serving of Lay's Potato Chips!! :w00t:

I'm pretty much packed and ready to head out the door, but waiting for the time to leave. Thank goodness that the younguns are always here to take care of the critters. Remember how I said that it was raining ridiculously hard yesterday? Well, it did the same thing all night. This morning, I measured the depth in a pitcher that I left out empty yesterday morning. We got 6 1/8" in 24 hours. It's still either raining or I'm hearing tree-pee. The creek is up!

:glug:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    I am responsible for about half of that list. :facepalm:

Then that's not "Honey Do" list . . . It's I gotta get "My" .... Movin' List . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Beans are okay, but I tend to avoid them because they are a starch. Mostly, I live on fruits, raw vegetables, and meat. Oh - and one yogurt in the morning. No breads or other starches if I can avoid them.

Well - "You" do know that there are different starches - Good vs Bad - Right ? ? ? AND - That there are also Starches in many Fruits & Vegetables (i.e., Complex Carbohydrates) . . . BTW: I know all to well that it doesn't leave much to eat if Ya' are avoiding certain foods, but eventually "You" just got to feed yourself . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Your post was a masterpiece of multiquotes, Uncle.

As always... :D

:blush: . . . Thanks . . . :facepalm: I do appreciate the compliment, and thankfully with the New ECF Interface "Multi-Quoting" is so much easier . . . :thumbs:

I'm heading to New York tomorrow... it's gonna be a long drive! We're spreading my Gramma's ashes and then it'll be a little bit of a vacation. Might very well be the last trip up there, then again ya never know what the future holds.;)

Really hope the trip to NY with Your Grandma brings "You" and Your Family back all the memories of JOY & FUN that Ya' shared with her . . .
    family_in_the_van.gif

Braggs ACV . . .
    Might not work for everybody but just sharing what works for me.

AND - How would "We" know, unless Ya' do share . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

You can modify the hosts file of the user and any site will go to ecf.

BAD . . . AND - So, VERY WRONG . . .
    smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-077.gif

It was a no-go on the sweet potato french fries. My future daughter-in-law made 'em from scratch awhile back. Nope. :blush:

Sorry to say . . . Then they weren't made right - NEED to be Double Fried/Baked . . . Then they are VERY Crisp on the outside and "Fluffy" on the inside . . . Just like a regular beautifully crisp - French Fry . . . NOW - A lot of different recipes here, some with a varity of flavor inhancers, but all with the same technique that will produce those crispy fries: Sweet Potato Fries Recipe - Low-cholesterol.Food.com

On the bright side, I found out that you can glean 350mg of potassium from one serving of Lay's Potato Chips!! :w00t:

OH - Then "You" would love "Sweet Potato" Chips which are so much crispier & tasty . . .
    1fe4ib.jpg

AND - Although they cost more - they can be found in most grocery stores and online too . . . "My" Favorite are "Terra's" . . . AND - Then "You" can also make them yourself in the oven too - very similar to the Fries, however they are cut into chips instead: Baked Sweet Potato Chips | Minimalist Baker Recipes

OH BTW: ALthough I posted this information before when "Terry" was having a problem and NEEDED some alternatives for her addiction to potato chips - Ya' can also buy and/or make chips from other vegetables - like Beets - too . . .
    emote.img

I'm pretty much packed and ready to head out the door, but waiting for the time to leave.

Although it is for other reasons, I really hope that "You" and the Family have a very pleasant and even enjoyable reunion remembering "Your" sister and the FUN you all had throughout life . . .

Make sure to be safe on those roads and just remember that "You" NEED to return to "Voltville" ASAP . . .

or I'm hearing tree-pee.

anim-question-mark-smiley-75.gif
    BTW: Isn't that called "sap" . . .
    1lg143treehug.gif

Or - Was it really from some "Tree House" . . .
    images

:facepalm:

I'm here, Rave.

NICE ! ! !
    25.gif

wvducklady

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 23, 2013
    US
    evnin', Voltavillians.

I've owned dogs almost all my life and have lived in rural/country areas most of the time. Never had a dog get skunked. Maybe luck, but I sure feel for you DuckLady. We feel bad for Bo when his joints give him problems but at least he can stay inside with that. Can't imagine banishing him from the house.
    It is not fun. My dog is a little over 7 months old, and has never been separated from us he goes everywhere we go....so it was terrible not letting him in the house. Good news is I finally got it off of him, well except for slightly on his forehead, but you can barely smell it now and it is not transferring to things he touches. So my buddy is back inside! Yay! I have missed having him inside, and I do not know who was more excited...me or him :)

celticluvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Lizzie, your flowers are gorgeous!!! We have some wild daylillies growing about a mile down the road. Fiance goes and picks some for me when they bloom. luckily this year they decided to last for over a month so he could pick them for me. Usually they only last 2 weeks! Yay!

Ducky, I really like your flowers too! Its really funny I never heard of a yucca plant till I was playing a video game where you have to survive on a tropical island (think of the movie Cast Away) and you have to make lashings(rope) for tools and shelter. I thought of you today, We went to fiance's Dad's nephew's house today and he has a whole herd/flock/group ( :p ) of ducks. One type they got are Khaki Campbells (sp?), they are supposed to lay about 300 times a year!! crazy!

So I got home all right. We drove 19 hours straight through on sunday. I had a day of rest at my mom's house then came home tuesday. I had to take some me time, so I apologize for not telling y'all I arrived safely. I also got pretty busy. I went grocery shopping the other day and spent 4 hours at wal-mart!!!!!! Fiance's dad came along and we had to look around the whole store at everything then we actually got the groceries. When you are shopping on a budget you have to add everything up right? Well that is exactly what we did with a calculator and everything! Lawd have mercy, I was exhausted! Then I had to turn around the next day and hit up a one day sale at a different store to buy coffee and water. I am talking a really good sale on bottled water, four packs for 9 dollars! Then today I drove to FFIL (future father in law) nephews house and spent four hours over there.... I am tired!!! and HOT!!! :):)

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    @ "lizzie" - Really like seeing those great pictures . . . AND - Boy do "You" & "Hubby" make that place a beautiful homestead . . . :thumbs:

@ "cindycated" - Well instead being stuck in San Francisco . . . Ya' can always move down here to Florida . . .

7_3_205.gif~c100
    . . .
    smiley_beach_chair.gif

@ "awsum" - Glad to read that everything turned out Okay and Ya' got the Jeep running again . . .
    drive.gif

As for the upcoming weather forecast . . .
    blowing-raspberry-smiley-emoticon.gif

Weather here in South Florida has been quite hot & humid - been in the upper 80's with a feel like temp of upper 90's for the past few weeks . . . Now while Like "You" I don't mind being outside too much as long as there is a breeze . . . AND - Thankfully I have AC in both "My" apartment & vehicle . . . However, it is going to be getting much hotter and I was actually hoping that I would be getting a reprieve when I go back up North again next week (which after 12+ years I will not be going up every 5-6 weeks - this will be the last "monthly" trip) . . . BUT - With that forecast doesn't look like I will . . . NOT NICE ! ! !
    smiley-sweaty.gif

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 20, 2009
    Raven's Haven, Indiana
    Bo's bath turned into an adventure. We made a stop at a surgical supply to get a left hand wrist brace for Mrs. Awsum. From there, on to Princeton and Petco. The place looked almost deserted and we had to go to the checkout register, no customers there, to get the grooming area person.

Anyhow, he had a nice bath and didn't seem to mind it as much as normal. It was hot out, in the mid 90's, so we walked around the strip mall to let him finish drying. then headed on home. That was the start of the adventure.

I pulled into traffic on 295 and noticed a wisp of steam come up from the left front at the corner of the hood and fender. Uh oh! Pulled over, with the "coolant" warning lit and steam was coming from that corner. I popped the hood and looked, but really couldn't see where the leak is. Anyhow, called AAA and that was painful. What's so hard about "mile marker 66.8 on 295 southbound" for a location? They had me on Route 1, a mile back and definitely not 295. Expected wait time was a half hour. No shade, little breeze and a big doggy made it a long wait even though it was about fifteen minutes.

Then it got more interesting. One of us wanted to ride in the Jeep with Bo but they couldn't allow that, rules or law I'm not sure. Poor Bo was really hot, as we all were. The flat bed driver gave us a bottle of ice water for Bo but he is very picky about water and wouldn't drink it. Then the Jeep, with Bo in it, got secured down and we got in the truck for the ride home. The AC in the truck wasn't working and the passenger window regulator was broken so that didn't open. When we got home Mrs. Awsum and I were both soaked and Bo was panting like a race horse. He finally cooled down, after drinking about a half gallon of water.

Tomorrow I get to play "Shade Tree Mechanic" in 95 degree heat. So much fun.

:ohmy: Oh No - What a pain! I am glad that you got it fixed though and no one melted during the time of the breakdown.

Good morning, Voltinians.

Supposed to be 93 degrees today.

Did I ever show you my flower photos?

Daylillies look fantastic this year.
    ']
    013_zpsnlicosbh.jpg
    [/URL]'][/URL]

A wild form of Penstemmons and some purple true sages.
    ']
    015_zpso1a6petd.jpg
    [/URL]'][/URL]

Coreopsis with purple hardy geraniums.
    ']
    010_zpsvtoeuqrd.jpg
    [/URL]']
    010_zpsvtoeuqrd.jpg
    [/URL]']Below are red robin penstemmons and blanket flowers.
    010_zpsvtoeuqrd.jpg
    [/URL]'][/URL]

Oh my goodness - your yard is absolutely breathtaking!! :thumbs:

So I got home all right. We drove 19 hours straight through on sunday. I had a day of rest at my mom's house then came home tuesday. I had to take some me time, so I apologize for not telling y'all I arrived safely. I also got pretty busy. I went grocery shopping the other day and spent 4 hours at wal-mart!!!!!! Fiance's dad came along and we had to look around the whole store at everything then we actually got the groceries. When you are shopping on a budget you have to add everything up right? Well that is exactly what we did with a calculator and everything! Lawd have mercy, I was exhausted! Then I had to turn around the next day and hit up a one day sale at a different store to buy coffee and water. I am talking a really good sale on bottled water, four packs for 9 dollars! Then today I drove to FFIL (future father in law) nephews house and spent four hours over there.... I am tired!!! and HOT!!! :):)

That's a heckuva long drive! I'm so glad that you made it home safely. :)

My thermometer says it's 98 in the shade in spite of the weather saying it's only 93. Think I'm going to take a break and stay inside for a while.

Same here - TV says 95 - thermometer says 101.

For once, I'm not jealous of living where you guys do. Just sayin'.

I'm hangin' in there. Mostly, I've been cooped up indoors because of the daily rains. My BF has been taking me fishing which helps. He may be getting aggravated with me though, cuz I've been out-fishing the heck outta him. He says it doesn't bother him ... :unsure: It's just a matter of luck - not talent.

Other than that, I've been working on stuff to help my future DIL with their wedding which is coming up soon. And, I've been working on Roombas. I've got two that I'm resurrecting from "For Parts" ebay units to resell. It's fun.

Sorry I've been so quiet ...

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 20, 2009
    Raven's Haven, Indiana
    A lot to catch up on! And thanks for your inquiries, everyone. :)

Sandy - I really feel as if I've come to know those kids. You are so good with them. Your method of teaching them seems so much better than a regimented, scheduled program. They are lucky younguns.

A new mini horse for Lizzie! Wow!! I'm interested to hear about their interactions. And we want pics, of course!

Well, I survived the MS Walk. They had a choice of either one mile or three. We chose the one mile. Not because I didn't think that I could do three. but in consideration of my BF. He has an artificial hip and it pains him if he walks too much.

MSWalk2015.JPG

Proof that I made it! YAY!!

Other than that, on weekdays I've just been tending my internet sales and making more items to sell. On weekends, we've been fishing like crazy. Yesterday I had to fillet a 8 pound catfish! Nope. I didn't catch it. The BF did. No way I coulda hauled that thing in.

Mega Cat Smaller Size.jpg

That was not a fun fish to fillet! But, we'll get several meals from it. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread